Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2008, 21:06   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Missing Football?

here goes then bagpuss it's time to put my money where my mouth is... I bet you £40 (for a charity of your choice) that Stanley finish in a higher position in lg2 than rovers do in the prem, are we on?

Loweiy

P.S no need to get the mods in as its all for charity!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 21:16   #17
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loweiy View Post
here goes then bagpuss it's time to put my money where my mouth is... I bet you £40 (for a charity of your choice) that Stanley finish in a higher position in lg2 than rovers do in the prem, are we on?
I have my doubts if you would win but I will not be taking you on with this because I wouldn't want to win, I'm sure a Rovers fan may take you on though.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:56   #18
Senior Member+

Take the dog(or wife!) for a walk in the morning, past Highams Football Pitches. Stanley Ultras play their final league game v Everton.

Kick Off 11am. All welcome. Crown afterwards for both teams & All spectators....

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 21:21   #19
Accy Red

Quote:

Loweiy

I've had a think about this and I'm prepared to take the bet on because if I win the money goes to charity and if I lose the money goes to charity but I will be honest I don't expect to lose.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 09-06-2008, 08:21   #20
Senior Member+

ok we are on!!!!

Loweiy
Old 09-06-2008, 14:36   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
ok we are on!!!!

Loweiy
tell ya what loweiy, if you win the bet, i will chuck a tenner in to make it £50. n no comeback fer me hows that?
Old 09-06-2008, 14:47   #22
God Member

If Stanley finish 17th and finish in a higher position than Rovers I'll chuck a tenner in too
Old 09-06-2008, 14:55   #23
Accy Red

Even if Rovers finish bottom (22nd) I still think I will win because I see us finishing in the bottom 2 (23rd or 24th).

Old 09-06-2008, 15:06   #24
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Even if Rovers finish bottom (22nd) I still think I will win because I see us finishing in the bottom 2 (23rd or 24th).
If Rovers finish bottom (22nd) it will be a bloody miracle. There are only 20 teams in the Premiership.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 17:49   #25
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
If Rovers finish bottom (22nd) it will be a bloody miracle. There are only 20 teams in the Premiership.
I wasn't quick enough with the edit button.

Old 09-06-2008, 19:50   #26
Senior Member+

Result from Sunday Stanley 3 Everton 4

An excellent game with a goalkeeper between the two teams, Stanley 4-0 down came back to nearly get a result with 3 second half goals. Alex Hobson 2 & Ant the goalsscorers.Mom the Duke!

Our final day of football this season is on Sunday @ Chester for a League Cup Tournament.

Pre season friendlies will start Jul/Aug so anyone looking to play next season. Training is on Thurs 9-10pm at Hyndburn Sports Centre.

Ta, & I hope you lose your bet Mr Bag Puss

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 09-06-2008, 21:53   #27
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Result from Sunday Stanley 3 Everton 4

Ta, & I hope you lose your bet Mr Bag Puss
I had a walk up but you lot had gone but a Rovers team where playing sorry I missed you but I had to try a few pints watching Accy v Church 2nds for my trouble.

I won't lose the bet but ideally Rovers finish bottom (20th Jeff) and Stanley stay up in 21st.

Old 16-06-2008, 18:05   #28
Senior Member+

Accy Stanley Fans came second yesterday in a 9 team tournament at the County Sports Centre in Chester. The group stages saw Accy drawn against all the welsh sides (fix?) in Rhyl, Wrexham & Chester. A win & 2 draws left us in second place & through to a semi against group A winners Everton. Stanley dominated & ran out 2-0 winners.

In the final Accy had a tough game against the Liverpool & the game ended 0-0. In the resultant penalty shoot out the liverpool goalkeeper saved 2 & unfortunately Stanley had to settle for second place....

Well done to all the lads that travelled in the name of ASFC

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 10-08-2008, 22:46   #29
Accy Red

Quote:

Loweiy

Bump
Just so you charity givers don't forget, after yesterday I know I won't be paying out.

Old 10-08-2008, 23:12   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Bump
Just so you charity givers don't forget, after yesterday I know I won't be paying out.
me neither baggy but my £10 offer still stands if lowiey wins, mindya georgia have more chance of stuffing the ruskis.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..