Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2021, 16:26   #61
God Member

Re: MK Dons away thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pifco View Post
To be honest to me that was the worst performance for a long long time and any of the teams that we play in the next two or three weeks seeing that will get a lot of joy from seeing that. Let's hope that it gives them false confidence and we emerge from this disaster with a will to show how good we can play.
It wasn't good but we give them the first goal scoring 2 good goals to get back in it and should have had a penalty blatent shove on Phillips small margins but agree wasn't good but apart from Hull and Ipswich all slipping up again Lincoln the stand out losing to Rochdale still games to play and hopefully last 2 are out the system and we get some bodies back and confidence in playing like we can.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-03-2021, 16:27   #62
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Coley still unable (I mean u willing) to produce a side that can see a game out.......shocking unprofessional last 5 minutes.
i dont blame him for that at all how can a team like us provide a squad like the big teams? it just cannot be done as far as im concerned. whatever we have had a damn good season fans been in dreamworld this term shame some cant see it imho.
Old 13-03-2021, 16:28   #63
God Member

Talking Rotation is the way ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Baxter, Sykes, Conneely, Pritchard, Bishop. Whole spine of team is missing.
Still only 4 points outside play-offs.
We need to snap out of this rut quickly.
Need the experienced players to start leading.
And still not made a substitution...

Cannot count an enforced one before anybody mentions Phillips

I am not bothered what anybody says - we are all allowed an opinion - playing the same 13 players week in, week out is not helping matters and that is my opinion

I will of course be posting on here at 21:00 Wednesday night, after the same XI spank The Black Cats and I have dusted off that recipe for humble pie

AccyMad and Revived Red like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2021, 16:29   #64
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pifco View Post
To be honest to me that was the worst performance for a long long time and any of the teams that we play in the next two or three weeks seeing that will get a lot of joy from seeing that. Let's hope that it gives them false confidence and we emerge from this disaster with a will to show how good we can play.
i agree hughsey said Bristol was worst he had seen stanley play Today was worse than that in my book,
keep the faith likes this.
Old 13-03-2021, 16:33   #65
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Glad then I'm not streaming.
Good job your not KJ or you would be SCREAMING
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2021, 16:55   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i dont blame him for that at all how can a team like us provide a squad like the big teams? it just cannot be done as far as im concerned. whatever we have had a damn good season fans been in dreamworld this term shame some cant see it imho.
Yeah I know Cashy. We have had a great season so far and I am really in dreamland (with you!)

Today, unlike mid-week, we did fight our way back into touching distance of getting something out of the game, but then failed to keep hold of that precious point. So frustrating.......on Tuesday we were awful and deserved nothing...but today.......maybe we just deserved something....

On Stanley On.....
Watchdog likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2021, 17:02   #67
Senior Member+

Sometimes adversity makes you appreciate what you have.
Straight down the middle of the park front to back we are weak.
Baxter Sykes Conneely Bishop in that side and we win.
Add Pritchard wide and McConville in his proper position and we’re strong.
No ones fault it is what it is.
On the subject of subs I saw no one named that would have made a blind bit of difference.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2021, 17:20   #68
Senior Member+

Should have kicked on and won after we equalised. We were well on top then. Especially after they took Jerome off. Think that's the play offs gone now. Me watching on Ifollow seems to put a hoodoo on the results.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2021, 18:03   #69
Full Member+

Re: Rotation is the way ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
And still not made a substitution...

Cannot count an enforced one before anybody mentions Phillips

I am not bothered what anybody says - we are all allowed an opinion - playing the same 13 players week in, week out is not helping matters and that is my opinion

I will of course be posting on here at 21:00 Wednesday night, after the same XI spank The Black Cats and I have dusted off that recipe for humble pie

What sub would you have made?
For what it’s worth I thought both Hughes and Burgess were dreadful today.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2021, 18:15   #70
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

to be honest none of em had a good game to me,twas a shocking performance.
Old 13-03-2021, 19:08   #71
God Member

Re: Rotation is the way ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
What sub would you have made?
For what it’s worth I thought both Hughes and Burgess were dreadful today.
So we're Savin, McConville, Phillips, need I go on looking at the bench you haven't much attacking options and getting back to 2-2 it had worked just went to sleep about in the 92nd minute and let the lad have to much room to in honesty deliver a peach of a cross for the winner.
Old 13-03-2021, 19:12   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Sometimes adversity makes you appreciate what you have.
Straight down the middle of the park front to back we are weak.
Baxter Sykes Conneely Bishop in that side and we win.
Add Pritchard wide and McConville in his proper position and we’re strong.
No ones fault it is what it is.
On the subject of subs I saw no one named that would have made a blind bit of difference.
Just Baxter playing today against that mediocre lot would have made a difference, with all the others fit and playing we would have murdered them, but we,ll never know because they weren't available so you go with what you have and to be honest we should have seen the game out for a draw.
Old 13-03-2021, 19:14   #73
God Member

On the subject of the lads on the bench to say none of them would make a difference just hope none of them read this as it will fill them full of confidence.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 13-03-2021, 19:34   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
A good job Stanley have got so high up the table because at the moment, with all our injuries and now a lack of confidence, it is difficult to see where our next win can be achieved.
Still we have to continue to BELIEVE that we will turn the corner.
ON STANLEY ON.
KEEP THE FAITH.
..Troube is that waiting for that corner to be turned is driving me round the bend
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2021, 19:44   #75
God Member

Interesting listening to John Coleman just now seems to think that Sean was immense today and at 2-2 thought there was only going to be one winner, agree slightly with the second point but Sean no was nowhere near immense, but have to agree again about some refereeing decisions against us were woeful especially the two challenges first half on Smyth that didn't even bring a free kick but we had 5 yellow cards 2 of which he says we're very soft. But says defence no good last 2 games 7 against all he says avoidable.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..