Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2021, 19:50   #76
Senior Member+

Re: MK Dons away thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
..Troube is that waiting for that corner to be turned is driving me round the bend
Stay coooooool KJ... it will happen !.
(Said with more hope than anything else !). KTF.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-03-2021, 21:23   #77
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
On the subject of the lads on the bench to say none of them would make a difference just hope none of them read this as it will fill them full of confidence.
Come on then colours to the mast name one who would ?

Last edited by Twenty Eight; 13-03-2021 at 21:31.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2021, 21:27   #78
Senior Member+

Quote:
Interesting listening to John Coleman just now seems to think that Sean was immense today and at 2-2 thought there was only going to be one winner, agree slightly with the second point but Sean no was nowhere near immense, but have to agree again about some refereeing decisions against us were woeful especially the two challenges first half on Smyth that didn't even bring a free kick but we had 5 yellow cards 2 of which he says we're very soft. But says defence no good last 2 games 7 against all he says avoidable.
Balance is required.
Barclay could easily have walked.
He could / should have been booked before he got the yellow for a cynical tackle.
I was a little surprised today at Coleys interview.
Maybe when hes calmed down he’ll think differently.
Old 13-03-2021, 21:35   #79
Senior Member+

Twenty Eight. As I said earlier, I would have brought Maguire on for one of our midfield players on a yellow card.......Morgan, Barclay, Rogers plus Smyth and Burgess all very reluctant to tackle in the last fifteen to twenty minutes or just not quick enough! The Dons third goal came from one of their centre backs waltzing straight through our midfield then the ball was played out to the left and the cross in was unchallenged by Hughes. Maguire would have been able to ‘take one for the team’ and stop the centre back breaking through. Even if it earned him a yellow card too. (I hate that phrase ....’taking one for the team’). Surely Maguire needed to be used with our inadequacies currently in midfield!
andyd likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2021, 06:49   #80
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Come on then colours to the mast name one who would ?
When you have 5 players on a yellow a sub would be sensible any of them but Coley didn't and upto the 92nd minute it worked, even though I wouldn't say every player in Stanley's squad is league 1 standard and I will slate a poor performance after the event to say what you did is,nt a sensible post the lads need encouragement and support from " fans ".
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2021, 06:51   #81
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Twenty Eight. As I said earlier, I would have brought Maguire on for one of our midfield players on a yellow card.......Morgan, Barclay, Rogers plus Smyth and Burgess all very reluctant to tackle in the last fifteen to twenty minutes or just not quick enough! The Dons third goal came from one of their centre backs waltzing straight through our midfield then the ball was played out to the left and the cross in was unchallenged by Hughes. Maguire would have been able to ‘take one for the team’ and stop the centre back breaking through. Even if it earned him a yellow card too. (I hate that phrase ....’taking one for the team’). Surely Maguire needed to be used with our inadequacies currently in midfield!
Or Russell and Scully?
Old 14-03-2021, 07:07   #82
God Member

Quote:
Balance is required.
Barclay could easily have walked.
He could / should have been booked before he got the yellow for a cynical tackle.
The worst tackle of the game which resulted in Butcher going off with a badly gashed ankle didn't even warrant a foul never mind a card, I don't usually get into debates on refs but your as bad as the two Southern biased clowns commentary on the game who even had the audacity at 2-2 to say Accy deserved nothing from the game, they somehow also missed the blatent shove as well as the ref on Phillips for what should have been a penalty. I,m all for putting my hands up when deservedly being beat as at Bristol but yesterday MK were,nt good and the game hinged on a couple of things Smyth passes instead of shooting we could have gone in front. Wednesday big test but it's just another game Stanley might just surprise everyone.
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
Old 14-03-2021, 09:12   #83
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

with the squad we got at the moment they will surprise me if they get something
Old 14-03-2021, 09:27   #84
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
with the squad we got at the moment they will surprise me if they get something
Here's hoping 👍
Old 14-03-2021, 10:13   #85
Senior Member+

Quote:
When you have 5 players on a yellow a sub would be sensible any of them but Coley didn't and upto the 92nd minute it worked, even though I wouldn't say every player in Stanley's squad is league 1 standard and I will slate a poor performance after the event to say what you did is,nt a sensible post the lads need encouragement and support from " fans ".
By putting "fans" in inverted comments I take that as a personal slur that I am not one.
Give your head a shake.
Last comment on the subject I would hate you to read back on some of your comments when it comes to encouragement.
Old 14-03-2021, 19:39   #86
Senior Member+

My only thought was whilst watching the game was that it wasn’t a matter of
substandard play, but rather that some of the ‘ replacements’ were substandard and not fit for purpose !.
I agree that our Manager had no one of quality to choose from and thus the team were saddled with these players who had little or nothing to add to the Team, which in turn placed undue pressure on the rest !.
Like everyone else I hope that injured and tired limbs are soon mended and that once again winning football returns to our Stanley scene !.

ON STANLEY !..ON TO GREATER HEIGHTS !
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2021, 21:37   #87
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
My only thought was whilst watching the game was that it wasn’t a matter of
substandard play, but rather that some of the ‘ replacements’ were substandard and not fit for purpose !.
I agree that our Manager had no one of quality to choose from and thus the team were saddled with these players who had little or nothing to add to the Team, which in turn placed undue pressure on the rest !.
Like everyone else I hope that injured and tired limbs are soon mended and that once again winning football returns to our Stanley scene !.

ON STANLEY !..ON TO GREATER HEIGHTS !
Eloquently put as always Alan, hope you are well
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2021, 08:33   #88
God Member

[QUOTE=KiTChener;1251566]Very poor team, but we made them look like Brazil !!

made em look more like gillingham and they still won. a game that showed that it takes more than just goals to make a match entertaining. even from their point of view they cannot take much from the game apart from the 3 points. just about shading a game against poor opposition is all that it was.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2021, 08:44   #89
God Member

Quote:
hate these manager interviews straight after the game anyway. everything is so raw after a defeat anyway. would be better waiting a few days and then asking him. think if someone shoved a camera in my face in the car park after a game the answers they,d get would be far different than after i slept on it.
LongLostSon and cashman like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..