Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2020, 16:12   #31
God Member

Re: MK Dons game

Thought we beat a good side today who were on the back of some good wins good players and played it on the floor, game could have gone either way and sign of a great keeper Savin 2 excellent saves after his fluff at the goal. We were better upfront today Uwakawe a great outlet Charles worked his socks off 2 goals my mom, what we lack at times in quality we make up with hard work and constant pressure on opposition teams which is reaping rewards.
KiTChener and keep the faith like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-12-2020, 16:16   #32
Full Member+

Great win despite poor defending for the equaliser with one attempted tackle for a 55 yard run. Half way to safety now.

If we do end up going up it will be very difficult to stay up, and if we do stay up 1 season we then need to plan for an all seater stadium for the 3rd season and standing never comes back if we have a third championship season as a statutory instrument will decree the ground all seater in perpetuity.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 16:27   #33

Stanley still under the radar on the BBC Final Score........big stories apparantly in League 1 are Wigan still bottom of the table and Sunderland have appointed a new manager......long may it continue...
cashman, keep the faith and andyd like this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 16:34   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Great win despite poor defending for the equaliser with one attempted tackle for a 55 yard run. Half way to safety now.

If we do end up going up it will be very difficult to stay up, and if we do stay up 1 season we then need to plan for an all seater stadium for the 3rd season and standing never comes back if we have a third championship season as a statutory instrument will decree the ground all seater in perpetuity.
Safe standing is making a comeback.
Old 05-12-2020, 16:52   #35

Great watch today. Should have put it to bed first 30. Toby dug us out of trouble twice despite his blip, which, it's important to remember, is one of very, very few he's made since he got the gig. I think he's the calmest keeper we've had - and the defenders seem to agree. Despite some tremendous displays elsewhere, he's my player of the season so far.
Tariq offered some real flair and imagination throughout, thrilled Dion bagged a brace, Colby worked his socks off.
MK Dons were excellent throughout the last 60 - can't believe they're 17th. Thought ref did very well again.
Enjoy the ride - I am. It's a terrific run. I had few expectations at the start of the season. I'm trying really hard to temper them now.
The Red Darreners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 17:01   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

im really enjoying the ride i said to the mates i stand with i thought we would do ok this season and we would finish in top half, never expected this good but who cares i love it.
Old 05-12-2020, 17:11   #37

[QUOTE=Chewbacca;1247634]Great win despite poor defending for the equaliser with one attempted tackle for a 55 yard run.

Interesting than Sean said that someone should have tackled him, & maybe taken a yellow for the team. Perhaps that shows that we have finally become more ‘streetwise’!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 17:31   #38
Full Member+

[QUOTE=KiTChener;1247641]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Great win despite poor defending for the equaliser with one attempted tackle for a 55 yard run.

Interesting than Sean said that someone should have tackled him, & maybe taken a yellow for the team. Perhaps that shows that we have finally become more ‘streetwise’!
Butcher on a yellow.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 17:33   #39
God Member

My man of the match was Dion, nothing to do with his goals, he worked tirelessly and won the ball back time after time

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 10:38   #40
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=StanleyJosh;1247642]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post

Butcher on a yellow.
Josh where did that come from?

BBC aren't reporting it (not that they are always 100% correct!!) and I've just checked the new fangled FA disapline system and the only card that the referee has notified is to Joe Pritchard
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 10:41   #41
God Member

[QUOTE=Mr T;1247657]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post

Josh where did that come from?

BBC aren't reporting it (not that they are always 100% correct!!) and I've just checked the new fangled FA disapline system and the only card that the referee has notified is to Joe Pritchard
I think you're correct Pritchard was booked for wrestling.
Old 06-12-2020, 12:32   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

it was Pritchard that i saw booked.
Old 06-12-2020, 15:47   #43
Full Member+

Apologies, for some reason I thought Matt was on a yellow instead of Joe!
Hard to see from my vantage point Mr T!
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 10:24   #44
God Member

[QUOTE=andyd;1247659]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post

I think you're correct Pritchard was booked for wrestling.
don,t let kent walton hear that. he,ll turn in his grave.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 12:00   #45
God Member

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1247670]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post

don,t let kent walton hear that. he,ll turn in his grave.
Mick McManus was once booked for wrestling, but he didn't turn up.
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..