Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2013, 12:18   #1
God Member

More than a manager

James Beattie pays Accrington Stanley's tax bill | Mail Online

If true, well done, James, but is it a reflection of inadequate financial management from the club?
Chubbyman likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-08-2013, 12:27   #2
Senior Member+

Re: More than a manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
James Beattie pays Accrington Stanley's tax bill | Mail Online

If true, well done, James, but is it a reflection of inadequate financial management from the club?
Not only did he use to play for them but is one in real life,well done and thank you James
AccyMad likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 12:45   #3
bdc

Just begs the question, why is our manager having to do this? Hope its not a repeat of previous years under DON.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 12:47   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well done Beats, it don't beg any question to me, it demonstrates a club trying to survive on next to sod all.
Old 15-08-2013, 13:00   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Just begs the question, why is our manager having to do this? Hope its not a repeat of previous years under DON.
DON also ploughed his own money in to stem an earlier tax bill before the SOS crisis. I fear this scenario will keep rearing it's head.

Quite simply without the support of the town....the club will keep having to face these sorts of things or long term remain solvent yet playing at a lower level.

Well done James....a magnificent gesture.
Redash, fc:stanley and smobile like this.
Old 15-08-2013, 14:14   #6
Senior Member+

What an absolute gent !!

The club needs business thinking people running this club! Most of the staff there seem to know nothing about running a football league club and its quite clearly obvious in the last couple of months! It's a massive shame as on the pitch we are good looking team and nothing can be done more on the pitch!

This is happening far too often and is no surprise sometimes when the town of accrington don't come out and support the team !

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 15:41   #7
Senior Member+

Not sure how many times we can keep going through this .........

smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 15:57   #8
God Member

the best bit of the article was the bit that said BT cleaned the bogs before Everton came!!!

James, get your hand in your pocket lad and buy up the remaining shares!
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 15:59   #9
Senior Member+

I thought we had an assurance that this would never happen again. I shall try to find the quote.
I would like to ask two questions.
1. Is it possible for a member of our large board, other than the incredibly hardworking Valairian, to explain what is going on?
2. When is the shareholders' annual meeting?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 16:08   #10
God Member

Thank You JB

Too mad to even comment on the rest

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 16:21   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Thank You JB

Too mad to even comment on the rest
I too want to thank JB, and I too am furious. But I will comment.

Let's stop pussyfooting around - and let's stop blaming the people of the town. We need someone to come in and get the club sorted from top to bottom. We are making huge progress on the field but off the field we are an embarrassment. Sorry but it has to be said. The online store is still down for "maintence" - no spell checker available? Here we are at the start of a season, a new manager, seemingly successful signings - but how is the club trying to generate interest? For goodness sake get the retail side sorted - and quickly.

I have asked at least twice if we have a three-year plan; a five-year plan. Well, do we? Presumably there are some successful businessmen on that huge board. Is there any chance that they could bring their business acumen to the club?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 16:42   #12
God Member

Okay calmed down a bit now

I totally agree with the comments of Redraine & Revived Red

Why has it happened again?

Why has the story come out in the Press before a word from the Club?

There are so many questions and so many unanswered ones if it needs a Shareholders AGM or a Q & A with the Directors then let's be having it.

Surely as a Business you know your budgets, your operating costs, your biggest revenue streams and if you don't then....

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 17:01   #13
God Member

Smile Re: More than a manager

A short reply

James wanted to sign Kal, due to the fact that we had not paid Taxman - which was not due until the end of this week - we could not.

James wanted Kal as part of his squad and did not want to wait, so he paid it.

There are much tighter constraints this season - squad number, wages to % turnover etc. - and the Taxman was flexing his muscle so to speak.

I hope that this will allay fears

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 17:34   #14
Super Moderator

Thanks very much for putting us in the picture, Joe.

What a pity that the club hasn't the nous to put the public at large in the picture via the press and t'fishy site. despite the story being in the public domain all day.

Tinpot doesn't even begin to describe it.
Revived Red likes this.
Old 15-08-2013, 17:40   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
we had not paid Taxman - which was not due until the end of this week - we could not.

if it was not due until the end of the week then there would be no embargo n'est pas? Surely the bill has to be down as a late payment for an embargo to be in place?

And is the reason why we have no substitute goalkeeper related to the same story?
baldy likes this.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..