Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree157Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2016, 21:47   #46
Full Member+

Re: Morecambe

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Morecambe Football Club statement regarding Tom Barkhuizen

Very strange! Gone from "selling a player" to releasing him mid season!
I suspect that is to get round some rules.

I think we got either £175,000 or £200,000 from PNE for him.
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-11-2016, 22:12   #47
God Member

Sam Allardyce got sacked for that!

Out with Diego!
AccyMad likes this.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:22   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post
The wages have been paid today so much relief at the Globe tonight.

Club Statement
Relief I'm sure but maybe tempered by the fact you've had to sell, sorry 'release' one of your best players & the window's not even open yet, really hope you don't have a procession out of the doors when it does- good luck
Morecambe_Red likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:34   #49
I am Banned

Can we have our players back?
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 14:47   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Can we have our players back?
I'm sure Rangers would oblige....
AccyMad, cashman, yonmon and 1 others like this.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2016, 16:32   #51
I am Banned

Just heard their vice chairman has just left, I know a director has and sponsors are not renewing deals, is this the beginning of the end?
Old 22-12-2016, 16:53   #52
God Member

They're certainly in deep doo-doo, apparently the bloke who was supposed to have taken over - Diego somebody? has, according to a statement issued by the board today failed to deliver the investment which he promised.
Really feel for the players & their fans - there but for the grace & all that, hope it gets sorted but it's not looking too good
Old 22-12-2016, 17:12   #53
I am Banned

Whatever happened to be FA fit and proper test for new owners
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 22-12-2016, 17:40   #54
God Member

It does make you wonder . . . . .
Old 22-12-2016, 17:53   #55
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
It does make you wonder . . . . .
Spent all his money bribing the FA leaving non for morecambe
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 22-12-2016, 19:03   #56
Senior Member+

Promised and didn't deliver?? Sounds like Bob Lord again?
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2016, 19:07   #57
God Member

Taken from their website...

Following today’s Board meeting the Directors of Morecambe Football Club present would like to make the following statement:

Late yesterday, Wednesday 21st December, we as a Board became aware, Ali Abdulrahman Al Hashemi had tendered his resignation as Co Chairman and Director, effective as of Friday 25th November 2016.

Those present today would like to go on record to thank Mr Al Hashemi for his regrettably short tenure and wish him every success in the future.

The Board remains extremely concerned at the current state of affairs, as the current majority shareholder, Mr Diego Lemos, has failed to deliver on promised investment.

Communication with Mr Lemos continues to be difficult and he has now been out of the country since Thursday 17th November.

As a Board we understand the criticism levelled at us for the lack of communication and rumours that naturally follow. There are legal issues that need to be resolved before the complete story can be told but once these issues are resolved the Board would wish to provide further clarification.

The Board members who met today are united in their resolve to find solutions to the many problems facing Morecambe Football Club as a direct result of Mr Lemos’ continuing absence and his failure to deliver promised funding.

We are extremely conscious of our responsibilities to our loyal and valued staff, players and fans and we look forward to working with all stakeholders in order to achieve a positive resolution in the New Year.

We would finally ask all ‘shrimps’ fans and indeed the football fans of the town and wider community to please come and support Jim Bentley, the players and staff on Monday 2nd January v Crewe, 3pm kick off.

Board Members present today:

David Brockbank
Mark Dixon
Michael Hinchcliffe
Graham Howse
Peter McGuigan
Rod Taylor

Gary Taylor was not in attendance but seen and approved this statement.

There will be no further comment from the Club today but we will be speaking to all press outlets with a view to arranging interviews with available Board members between Xmas and the New Year.

Read more at Morecambe Football Club Statement 22nd December 2016
Old 22-12-2016, 19:15   #58
God Member

Nobody really wants to see other clubs facing the firing squad but they're up against it at the moment through no real fault of their own.

Nobody, from directors to fans, really seems to have a clue what is going on. They are supposedly releasing another statement on the 28th - which is the day that monthly wages are due. This has led fans to surmise that administration is on the cards. A club in disarray and no money is bad enough, couple that with 500k annual losses and nobody actually running the club or footing the bills and you can see the problem. Relegation could be the least of their problems if a long and protracted legal battle for ownership ensues.

Putting friendly rivalry aside I wish them all the best and will stand shoulder to shoulder with them when we play them next month. If any protests or demonstrations are afoot then I hope that we can get a few bodies over to help out. Many clubs were represented when we needed it, it's time to repay that camaraderie
Old 22-12-2016, 20:39   #59
Senior Member+

agree macca,
hope Morecambe turn ir round
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2016, 21:24   #60
I am Banned

It seems al Hashemi was diegos money man, can't see them lasting if he stays much longer

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..