Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree157Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2017, 19:10   #91
Full Member+

Re: Morecambe

the administrator's are letting morecambe used the facilities, until a solution is found
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-01-2017, 08:19   #92
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Not including their loan players they only have 16 first team players so they can't afford to Keep any but they also can't afford to lose any
heard morecambe manager saying cole stockton going back to tranmere and was on about bringing new faces to the club so obviously there,s no transfer embargo but is he just saying what people want to hear.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:30   #93
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
heard morecambe manager saying cole stockton going back to tranmere and was on about bringing new faces to the club so obviously there,s no transfer embargo but is he just saying what people want to hear.
They're allowed loan deals I think but only if they don't promote any youth players
monkey hanger likes this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 19:36   #94
Full Member+

This is where the FA should step in with the club and administrators. It would be an absolute tragedy if Morecambe go out of business. The FA have failed in their duty to the fans of the club by not being far more thorough on researching the new owners, This should be compulsory for all clubs owners or majority shareholders.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 21:33   #95
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

F.A. is simply what it stands for as far as i'm concerned.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 06-01-2017, 21:58   #96
I am Banned

2 Morecambe players out with hamstring injuries leaving them with 12 outfield players and 2 keepers
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 07:58   #97
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
This is where the FA should step in with the club and administrators. It would be an absolute tragedy if Morecambe go out of business. The FA have failed in their duty to the fans of the club by not being far more thorough on researching the new owners, This should be compulsory for all clubs owners or majority shareholders.
fit and proper person etc. they,ve got in in place but seem only to use it against british people. a couple of years ago a guy who was the previous chairman at doncaster along with louis tomlinson out of some famous boy band wanted to take the club over as they were deemed not fit and proper people.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:39   #98
Senior Member+

Quote:
fit and proper person etc. they,ve got in in place but seem only to use it against british people. a couple of years ago a guy who was the previous chairman at doncaster along with louis tomlinson out of some famous boy band wanted to take the club over as they were deemed not fit and proper people.
I seem to remember it was more a case of being unable to raise the readies, I don't remember them being deemed unfit to buy
st06nc2 likes this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:16   #99
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
I seem to remember it was more a case of being unable to raise the readies, I don't remember them being deemed unfit to buy
sounds like were back to morecambe owners. do think you,re right however about the doncaster situation but it does seem funny to me that a lot of clubs owned by foreign investors just bring hassle to their fans and nothing more.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:05   #100
Senior Member+

Quote:
sounds like were back to morecambe owners. do think you,re right however about the doncaster situation but it does seem funny to me that a lot of clubs owned by foreign investors just bring hassle to their fans and nothing more.
We seem to be on the same plain, Lemos must have convinced the FA that funds were available for them to give the sale the go-a –head to buy the club but it now appears Lemos is only interested in the leisure & hotel facilities that was part of the sale
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:10   #101
God Member

Is it ironic that in the midst of all that's going on they're today playing Notts County who had a similar thing happen a few years ago, some foreign 'investor' waltzed in & persuaded them he could give them the world - even went so far as to bring in Sven Goran Eriksson & sign Sol Campbell, all based on false promises as the money just wasn't there but the damage he did left them in millions of poundsworth of debt
Chrisr likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:08   #102
God Member

notts county are still a mess off the field but seems to have grown to on field problems. they look a complete shambles at least morecambe will give it everything on the pitch. notts county to follow lord didsbury,s local side into oblivion.
Old 23-01-2017, 08:48   #103
Senior Member+

Rather them than us, Such a mess!

Morecambe Mess: Football Club In Chaos - The Bay
Old 23-01-2017, 10:03   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Rather them than us, Such a mess!

Morecambe Mess: Football Club In Chaos - The Bay
But that was us! ......and we came through it.
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2017, 10:13   #105
God Member

Horrific as it was for us at least it was a little simpler, we owed the taxman money & if we couldn't pay that would've been curtains. Ok, we had certain individuals at the time trying to pull the wool over our eyes as to what was going on but it looks a lot more complicated up the road - all sorts coming out now & goodness knows how they'll unravel the mess
Genuinely hope they come out the other side as we did
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..