Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree69Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2017, 08:43   #76
God Member

Re: Morecambe - All's Well That Ends Well!

No, leave Shay where he is - the lad's on fire & wouldn't want to disrupt his flow at the moment. Shame Davies is injured, I've been impressed every time I've seen him play
chevyfire likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-03-2017, 09:46   #77
God Member

heard on radio lancs last night a morecambe fan criticising the selection of ellison. should show more respect for the older generation i think.
AccyMad and choirboy like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 09:49   #78
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
heard on radio lancs last night a morecambe fan criticising the selection of ellison. should show more respect for the older generation i think.
Yes, but let's face it....
Ellison was like a 'Fish out of Water' last night
AccyMad and Revived Red like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 10:22   #79
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Only just found out the result, best win of the season imho.
AccyMad, yonmon and Lord Didsbury like this.
Old 22-03-2017, 10:25   #80
Senior Member+

A Great result last night and a really splendid performance for 60 minutes!
In the first half there was only one 'FOOTBALL TEAM' present
and it wasn't Morecambe. We played some wonderful passing football and created enough chances to have been three up by half time. In added time after 45 minutes I was regretting our inability to clinically finish our chances and becoming anxious about a Morecambe fight back in the second half. When up stepped Shay and he perfectly slotted in his free kick.
This time to the left side of the keeper!
He has certainly learned from earlier in the season when he was trying to blast them.
Now he just jogs up to the ball and concentrates on curl and placement.
His kicks are only hit hard enough to clear the wall but then drop towards the bottom corner which makes it very difficult for any keeper to get anywhere near!

The changes in the match came when Bentley did his double substitution on 62 minutes and when Seamus Coneely picked up his injury. We lost midfield and sat back too much and it was worse still when Seamus hobbled off. Coley brought on 'The Don' at left back and moved Matt Pearson into midfield but it did not work at all. Matt went out of the game and we played with all 11 back most of the time so when we did clear the ball upfield it just came straight back!

Marek Rodak again proved his worth in the closing minutes making one really world class save in the process!

It was certainly a nervous last ten minutes of the ninety plus FIVE added on! I don't know where the referee got 5 minutes from? However, we held out for a well rewarded victory.
Yes, it was a nice touch to observe Deano's family loss and I am sure that he and his family appreciated our sentiments.

If Stanley could play for 95 minutes like we did for the first 60 last night then we would be the best team in our Division for sure. I do still think that we just need to be more clinical with our finishing though.....
The football that our boys are playing is wonderful to behold and we should all be spreading the word to our friends and colleagues and get them down to the improving Wham Stadium to see exactly how good it is!
The vocal support last night was superb from our fans and the repertoire of songs was wide ranging. We just need those flags and banners again boys and girls!
Moving up the table steadily now.......Let's see how far we can go!

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS
WITH THE STANLEY
AccyMad, yonmon, chevyfire and 2 others like this.

Last edited by choirboy; 22-03-2017 at 10:27.
Old 22-03-2017, 11:09   #81

Good summary Choirboy - I thought there would be 4 mins of stoppage ... a few subs, a couple of goals, injury to Seamus. So 5 mins wasn't a massive surprise - although I did groan when I saw it.

I've realised, after reading other accounts, I must have been overcritical of our boys last night, or maybe the performance v Orient spoiled me.

Don't know what the hell to do about midfield. Who was the bloke who got 10 mins against Orient? Was he not OK? Can Romy do the Seamus role? I'm happy enough with Husin, but I thought he tired and faded.... but come saturday his fitness may have improved after the last couple of games.
AccyMad likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 11:41   #82

Hewitt was on bench last night tho' I would have thought Lacey would be best fit to replace Seamus. Lacey and Husin are a bit inexperienced so wouldn't be surprised if Matty P reprised last nights role and partnered Husin.

One comment on last night- why is Coley so reluctant to bring Edwards on with 15-20 mins to go when strikers are dead on their feet?
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 12:06   #83
Senior Member+

One thing that stood out last night was Accis work ethic and they pressed all over the park forcing Morecambe to go long .
It started from Billy and Shay,who must have had some red bull !!!
Beckles and Hughes could have played in slippers in the first half,it was that easy,this allowed the fullbacks to push on and pin Morecambe back.
Playing 4-4-2 against Acci is asking for trouble,and with Moly and Ellison staying wide,they just got passed to death.
Time and time again,Sean drifted inside,Shay dropped in and Morecambe had no answer.
Thought the lad alongside Coneelly was excellent,and his reading of the game was very good.
I told Yonmon how the game would go before the match,Although i predicted 3-1,and it wasn't a surprise,although Morecambe normally play three at the back, which was strange
AccyMad and choirboy like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 12:10   #84
God Member

I was surprised to see Hewitt on the bench, must admit I thought he'd left us - haven't seen Lacey around or warming up either, not sure if he's still at the club.
If Seamus isn't fit for Saturday I'd start Rommy tbh
Old 22-03-2017, 13:01   #85
Senior Member+

If Seamus Coneely does not recover for Saturday I think that I would leave Matty Pearson at left back and play either Davies or 'The Don' in Seamus' position at centre midfield.

Chapman
Rodgers Beckles Hughes Pearson
Clarke Husin Donacien (or Davies) McConville
McCarten
Kee

ps. It was nice to chat with 'Chevy Fire' who introduced himself before the match last night.
Its always great to be in the company of liked minded Stanley fans!
chevyfire likes this.

Last edited by choirboy; 22-03-2017 at 13:05.
Old 22-03-2017, 13:03   #86
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
Hewitt was on bench last night tho' I would have thought Lacey would be best fit to replace Seamus. Lacey and Husin are a bit inexperienced so wouldn't be surprised if Matty P reprised last nights role and partnered Husin.

One comment on last night- why is Coley so reluctant to bring Edwards on with 15-20 mins to go when strikers are dead on their feet?
Maybe there's something in the loan deal that says if we play him so many times we have too sign him, like west hams loan of zaza
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 13:42   #87
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
If Seamus Coneely does not recover for Saturday I think that I would leave Matty Pearson at left back and play either Davies or 'The Don' in Seamus' position at centre midfield.

Chapman
Rodgers Beckles Hughes Pearson
Clarke Husin Donacien (or Davies) McConville
McCarten
Kee

ps. It was nice to chat with 'Chevy Fire' who introduced himself before the match last night.
Its always great to be in the company of liked minded Stanley fans!
Davies won't be fit in time mate. Lacey is history. The Don I guess could fulfil the role.
Hope Chapman is ready to step in ...... difficult act to follow.
monkey hanger likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 14:50   #88
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Davies won't be fit in time mate. Lacey is history. The Don I guess could fulfil the role.
Hope Chapman is ready to step in ...... difficult act to follow.
Chapman in midfield? Hmmmm.. . . . . .would be interesting
Revived Red and yonmon like this.
Old 22-03-2017, 15:53   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Chapman in midfield? Hmmmm.. . . . . .would be interesting
Nah, stick him up front and sit Billy on his shoulders.
AccyMad likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 16:38   #90

Surely Chapman will manage for one game against bloody Grimsby?

Anyone know what Seamus's injury is?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..