Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2012, 21:43   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Morecambe Coverage Tonight

I knew we shouldn't have taken Bavs off for the penalty shootout at Watford ....
Old 06-11-2012, 21:45   #32

good lad Bavs - got a score prediction right at last !
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 22:16   #33

Well done bavs and the rest of the team. This could be the point that gets us automatic come May. Leam Richardson - unbeaten in three. Paul who?
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 22:36   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Think twas Dino that gave away the penalty,if so he owes Bavs a pint.
Old 06-11-2012, 22:39   #35

point gained tonight to be fair, only plus really was dunbavin penalty save, and a number of first class saves, liddle and boco were poor tonight, atkinson had a very good game at centre half,
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 23:24   #36
Senior Member+

Just got back on the coach at 10.45pm. Really, we robbed Morecambe of two points tonight! One or two of our lads seemed to be AWOL tonight. Shrimpers were much more attack minded in the second half and had enough chances to win the match. Two shots hit the bar and one lad missed the biggest/easiest sitter ever, from just one yard out at the far post. Before the penalty in the 92nd minute, Bavs was already my MOM for some very good saves but the penalty save was SUPERB! It was well struck low to the right of Bavs but he stretched full length to push it away. You won't see a better penalty save than that one tonight! Well done BAVS... 10 out of 10. The fans chanted his name for the remaining minute of the match and continued until all the players were down the tunnel. At the end it sort of felt like a win! We still seem to have the hoodoo on Morecambe and long may it last. Disappointed we all had to sit in the stand tonight despite it giving a good view. The Ultras were in good voice again. At times though The Globe Arena resembles a graveyard and totally lacks atmosphere. I wonder if they regret leaving Christie Park?
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 23:46   #37

Bavs the 93 min cat. Just bk from the game morescum bags hahaha.cat bavs
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 23:52   #38
Senior Member+

Good summary from Choirboy...The term 'Riding our luck' was, as far as The Reds were concerned tonight was irrefutable....but isn't that just Football !.
Jim Bentley and his team must be fizzing...and it jolly well serves them right !
Leam and HIS team must be really happy with the point and can look forward with confidence to Saturday's game.

( The £3.00 MFC Pie was OK.... just !)

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 00:39   #39
Junior Member+

Bavs was simply outstanding, too many of the rest of the team looked tired. Deano was awful all night and nearly cost us the point. Looks to be struggling at the minute. Gives the ball away far too regularly and offers nothing going forward.
Stanley Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:58   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Good summary from Choirboy...The term 'Riding our luck' was, as far as The Reds were concerned tonight was irrefutable....but isn't that just Football !.
Jim Bentley and his team must be fizzing...and it jolly well serves them right !
Leam and HIS team must be really happy with the point and can look forward with confidence to Saturday's game.

( The £3.00 MFC Pie was OK.... just !)

Yep these are type of games (All Teams Have) were yeh actually get summat from em, its a great result!! in my book anyway.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:10   #41

Good Point. Poor Performance. Sign of a good team I heard

Both fullbacks & Centre Mids we're awful.... and Boco, probably the worst performances i've seen him play in Stanley Shirt.

Two Players who were outstanding, of course Ian Dunbavin, I guess without his Heriocs the game may have been dead and buried. Secondly, Rob Atkinson, was solid at the back. Sign him up Leam.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:06   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsFc62 View Post
Good Point. Poor Performance. Sign of a good team I heard

Both fullbacks & Centre Mids we're awful.... and Boco, probably the worst performances i've seen him play in Stanley Shirt.

Two Players who were outstanding, of course Ian Dunbavin, I guess without his Heriocs the game may have been dead and buried. Secondly, Rob Atkinson, was solid at the back. Sign him up Leam.

Totally agree, apart from those two we were really poor last night.

Dont think Boco has played well for a few games now and we must have better options at the club than Yammy to come on.

Whats happened to Shep, Watford lads, Gray, Chippendale??? Fancy a couple of changes for Saturday just to freshen thinks up a bit because we did look tired and lacking any creativity.

But, an away point is always valuable, onwards and upwards!!
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:19   #43

Maybe Boco's mind may be elsewhere..............

Derbyshire perhaps
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:20   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Maybe Boco's mind may be elsewhere..............

Derbyshire perhaps
Dunno he was off the boil to me before the snake went.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:43   #45

According to the BBC a lot of the players were suffering with a virus.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..