Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2012, 17:40   #1
Senior Member+

Morecambe Match Thread...........

Come on you REDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-09-2012, 18:26   #2

Re: Morecambe Match Thread...........

Quite fancy a day out at Wembley.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 19:08   #3
Senior Member+

Lineup as follows............

Dawber, Lindfield, Eckesley, Murphy, Molyneux; Gray, Clark, Barnett, Watson, Chippendale, Sheppard
Old 04-09-2012, 19:35   #4
Senior Member+

Half Time 0-1

Dawber having a stormer in goal aparently.
Old 04-09-2012, 20:42   #5
Senior Member+

I see Rochdale won 4-2 on penalties against Fleetwood with Putterill, Edwards, McIntyre and Grant scoring for the 'Dale but Mangan missing for Fleetwood.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 20:42   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Quite fancy a day out at Wembley.
May be next season.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 21:02   #7
Resting in Peace

Well that was highly embarrassing. First time I've seen Stanley outclassed by the Shrimps. Cooky may not have intended to forfeit the game but that's how it turned out. When I saw the line-ups I knew we were in trouble with Ellison, Burrows and Redshaw up front for them. Hopefully we can end the 2 home game losing streak on Saturday.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 21:20   #8
Senior Member+

Always disappointing to lose.......... But after we win on Saturday with a refreshed first XI it will be worth it
Old 04-09-2012, 21:28   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Lineup as follows............

Dawber, Lindfield, Eckesley, Murphy, Molyneux; Gray, Clark, Barnett, Watson, Chippendale, Sheppard

Dawber - reasonable game, decent shot stopping in the first half but he really should have held more than he spilled. He'll be chuffed though, to get a MOM on his competitive debut
Lindfield - I thought he had a good game, physical battle with Ellison particularly in the 1st half and wasn't beaten. Looked to get forward a lot in the 2nd half but didn't get any telling crosses in.
Molyneux - big disappointment for me. Looked to have a bit of class when going forward but defensively he kept hitting his man with clearances and was lucky not to get punished.
Murphy - Started well and seemed to enjoy the physical battles with their big men, but I thought he was at fault for the 1st goal at least ... maybe a more experienced keeper would have come confidently for it? but with a kid making his debut I thought he should have ensured it got to him
Clark - Frodo lookee likee partially impressed me, he looked to keep the ball moving in the first half and wanted to take responsibility in the middle (more so than Barnett). He seems to think that he is Steven Gerrard though with the amount of Hollywood balls he attempted. 60-70 yard crossfield passes look great when they come off, but are a waste of possession when the recipient doesn't even know its coming.
Sheppard - did alright when the ball was at his feet, but spent most of his 50 minutes or so challenging big buggars in the air for aimless punts.

none of the others made telling enough contributions worthy of pressing a few buttons for, except Dixon

Big Bo - for a big dude he was remarkably light weight when challenged. He will learn his trade the more he plays and I think he has some sort of future in the game. He made some cracking little passes, but also gave the ball cheaply a few times. In the 1st team he will be a good impact sub when chasing the last few minutes of a game. Looks like Onibujes little brother
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 21:39   #10
God Member

I thought young Ryan Watson played quite well second half too say he has,nt played before looks a big lad good touch always looking to go forward.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 21:44   #11
Senior Member+

To be fair they have assembled a good squad and expect them to make the play offs.They were by far the better team,although we never gave up.
If Acci had Fenton at centre back,I would fancy us for promotion !,still a class player.
They also had some good lads who didn't play tonight ,so no excuses.
Young Dawber did well under a lot of ariel pressure,and his kicking game was also good.
Overall fair result,be different on Saturday though
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 21:56   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
May be next season.
Will have to make do with the FA Cup then!
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 22:15   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

2-0 to them a fair result imho. Pigging 1 off wi me 50-50.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:38   #14
God Member

Lowey won it.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:42   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
To be fair they have assembled a good squad and expect them to make the play offs.They were by far the better team,although we never gave up.
If Acci had Fenton at centre back,I would fancy us for promotion !,still a class player.
They also had some good lads who didn't play tonight ,so no excuses.
Young Dawber did well under a lot of ariel pressure,and his kicking game was also good.
Overall fair result,be different on Saturday though
football19 I agree with you Nicky Fenton showed his class controlling the Morecambe defence he had a great game, our lads never give up and had chance in the second half
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..