Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2013, 23:29   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Morecambe match thread

One final big 90 minutes from the players required on Friday, Leam needs to get them up for this to give every last breathe and ounce of strength.
KiTChener, cashman and football19 like this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-04-2013, 18:29   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
One final big 90 minutes from the players required on Friday, Leam needs to get them up for this to give every last breathe and ounce of strength.
DAV007 - not just this one game, but also the games against Bristol Rovers and Oxford just to be on the safe side

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 18:43   #18
Senior Member+

Read somewhere that in situations of 'tight-finishes' where and whatever these happen to be, that there is always one protagonist involved, however strong or powerful they appear to be at the time,who always find the pressures of the struggle to prove too much to handle and through this fail to stay the course !.
We all have a fair idea where the strengths and weaknesses of our Team lie...the good run of form at the right time...a great Team spirit, and those twin elusive elements of a bit of good luck and the run of the ball....for a change ?.
How do these match up to the factors which make the Barnets and Torquays etc of the League tick ? .
Do the Red's have enough to ensure that they won'tbe
the one's to buckle under the pressure ?.
This holding of the nerve is I propose one of the central issues for the Stanley at this crucial time and I for one will be observing this with interest on Friday night !..
With fingers and everything else crossed !

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 20:43   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
DAV007 - not just this one game, but also the games against Bristol Rovers and Oxford just to be on the safe side
1 more win and we are safe.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 21:03   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
One of the few things we agree on.
Old 10-04-2013, 22:22   #21

for my twopennoth, I reckon the final Saturday will decide the fate of ourselves and others, although Wimbledon & Torquay are my bet for the drop to a highly competitive Conf ( wish they would make it Division 3 but Football League aren't much at inovation ).
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 22:33   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
for my twopennoth, I reckon the final Saturday will decide the fate of ourselves and others, although Wimbledon & Torquay are my bet for the drop to a highly competitive Conf ( wish they would make it Division 3 but Football League aren't much at inovation ).
Would prefer reverting to the owd North @ South Divisions, much better financially fer smaller clubs. better gates, no overnight expenses etc.
LongLostSon likes this.
Old 10-04-2013, 22:44   #23
God Member

hopefully get the win on friday, dont like Oxford being the last game of season.
Old 11-04-2013, 13:50   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Would prefer reverting to the owd North @ South Divisions, much better financially fer smaller clubs. better gates, no overnight expenses etc.
Can't argue with the sense of that Cashy - but would be a bit of a *ugger for us Accy lads marooned down south and living on a pension. Still, I would have to 'take one for the club' if ever there was a referendum ! Can't believe I've not been to the Crown since v. leicester in the league cup. Is that letting the side down, as an old Peel park veteran ?
cashman likes this.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 13:53   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Can't argue with the sense of that Cashy - but would be a bit of a *ugger for us Accy lads marooned down south and living on a pension. Still, I would have to 'take one for the club' if ever there was a referendum ! Can't believe I've not been to the Crown since v. leicester in the league cup. Is that letting the side down, as an old Peel park veteran ?
Don't regard it as letting anybody down, unless yer a millionaire. aint that great living on a pension.
Old 11-04-2013, 17:12   #26

Flying back from holiday tomorrow, thought game was Saturday. Not happy. Good luck Stanley!,
anmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 17:14   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Quote:
LongLost is hereby seconded - I'm looking forward to walking a few hundred yards to watch us at Fratton Park next season
Revived Red likes this.
Old 11-04-2013, 18:54   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Linganzi is available again tomoz, so thats a positive imho.
Old 11-04-2013, 21:16   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Whilst I somewhat agree with the sentiment that one more win will be enough, I cannot help feeling that there are more twists and turns as those at the foot of the table have been winning (look at the run we have been on since being bottom). Just as long as we finish above the bottom two, I will be more than happy and if we can beat Bristol Rovers and Oxford (we owe them for the 5 whatever is was defeat earlier this season) then I will say we are safe. But not until -call me pessimistic, but I will not be saying we are safe, until it is mathematically impossible for us to be relegated.
Revived Red likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 21:33   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The good thing i reckon about this friday night match, If we win, it really rakes up the pressure on those involved in sats matches, which may just help a little, but we gotta win it first.
mab and DAV007 like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..