Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2013, 22:21   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Morecambe match thread

14 points from our last seven games; won 4, drawn 2, lost 1 (to the champions-elect, away, 1-0)
Div3North is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-04-2013, 22:23   #62
Senior Member+

Having had to sit in work all night nervously looking at the Beeb website, how happy I am to see that scoreline. I do not care if it was scrappy, all I care about are 3 points towards safety (I will not say safe yet until it is mathematically possible, however, the goal difference is coming down rapidly) and a clean sheet to boot. Well done the team and the management. Lets hope we can keep hold of Linganzi and others to form the basis of a decent team next season (I nclude Franny Jeffers and James Beattie in that because I believe they have much to offer). Waiting now for the results tomorrow, Torquay v Barnet especially. Cannot see York getting anything from Northampton and I believe Aldershot will be lucky to get anymore than 2 points from their next 2 games, but on the other hand, I cannot see Accy winnning in Bristol next week. It is still in the balance for me.
KiTChener and Revived Red like this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 22:30   #63
Senior Member+

Whatever happens tomorrow, everybody currently below us will still theoretically be able to get to 52 points at least, though I don't think any of them will. As it stands, though, it is mathematically possible that two teams could be relegated with 54 and 55 points!
Old 12-04-2013, 23:03   #64
Senior Member+

Don't know how he played tonight but 2 immense goals in his last 2 games, lots of credit to Murph. He may not be the best player but he must have had his head and heart in both games. Well done lad.
KiTChener and nige b like this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 23:05   #65
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
Don't know how he played tonight but 2 immense goals in his last 2 games, lots of credit to Murph. He may not be the best player but he must have had his head and heart in both games. Well done lad.
No comment, except he knew nothing about his goal!
LeeMus likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 23:56   #66

Dire game bereft of any quality - we won by a scuffed free kick bouncing off an unaware player and an opposition defence parting like the Red Sea ... and I couldn't be happier!

Playing good football is a luxury for a club like ours, I'd rather be lucky than good any day of the week!
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2013, 00:01   #67
Senior Member+

I do think that the flare played a huge part in the second goal

That smoke was irritating to the eyes and nose

Bit of an own goal by the morecambe fan who threw it!
Old 13-04-2013, 00:22   #68
Senior Member+

I don't care if the ball went in off his nu??s he was in the right place at the right time.
Old 13-04-2013, 00:49   #69
Full Member+

A great victory indeed!

"O Accrington is wonderful,o Accrington is won-der-ful"!!
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2013, 01:32   #70
Senior Member+

Jack is looking down and smiling....we'll never forget
Old 13-04-2013, 02:14   #71
Senior Member+

On the Morcambe forum they were talking about trouble in the ground and after on the way to the station. They complained about some chanting by some of their idiot fans and some of their fans being set upon afterwards. They were not blaming Stanley fans but said they were Blackburn/Burnley yobs.
Old 13-04-2013, 05:48   #72
God Member

Think of the best superlative and that fits the MIGHTY STANLEY.
Great GREAT result.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2013, 07:08   #73
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
On the Morcambe forum they were talking about trouble in the ground and after on the way to the station. They complained about some chanting by some of their idiot fans and some of their fans being set upon afterwards. They were not blaming Stanley fans but said they were Blackburn/Burnley yobs.
The yobbo's would most likely have been the normal Accy knobheads, who have turned the town centre into a no go area for decent revellers.
cmonstanley and DAV007 like this.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2013, 07:40   #74
Senior Member+

I was impressed by the almost-endless chanting and dancing from the group of young lads at the front of the Clayton End seats, just in front of the owd codgers. Credit to the lads; it was a pleasure to see them. And, if their presence was a result of the commercial department's activities, well done to them too!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2013, 08:28   #75

Thought we were edgy, particularly at the back, for the first 20 minutes or so. This was perhaps understandable with so much at stake and, whilst we all would love to see lots of free flowing football, I wasn't expecting a game for the purist. Three points for us and a clean sheet was a good night's work and we'll leave the one touch fast football for another time!

Linganzi was immense, Aldred also very solid and they'd done their homework on Molyneux as he was denied space on the ball.

Just been checking the full list of remaining fixtures for all clubs and don't reckon we're safe just yet, however 4 or 5 clubs would gladly swap places with us!
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..