Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2013, 08:33   #76
Senior Member+

Re: Morecambe match thread

The match was not flush with outstanding football but our boys did the job asked of them by Leam..which was to get the three points on the night. I fully agree with comments about Amine being the MOM. He was superb in midfield and as I said last week he was sorely missed at York. I thought that Tom Aldred was super too, he just gets better and better and is very consistent. A bit like Rob Atkinson in the first half of the season. Chubbs played well too and it is this increase in consistency down the centre of our line up that has allowed us to get some form back. Moly and Wilson tried to get things going down the left but it didn't quite come off for them tonight. Boco was once again totally tireless in his running exemplified by his role in our second goal. Rommy has played a lot of matches this season and despite looking a bit tired late on at York and last night he still gave his all...STANLEY SPIRIT!!! Podge worked hard as did the whole team indeed! Also it would seem that we have turned the corner as far as "getting a lucky break" is concerned. eg. Peter Murphy didn't know much about his goal but he was up there in the right position causing problems for their defence. Peter had a couple of great runs in the second half cutting in from the right wing which could have easily yielded another goal.
So well done to Leam and the team. Also well done to the fans who turned out in excellent numbers. The Clayton End was rocking just like a couple of years ago and earlier.
Yes, we will all be watching the results today and hoping they go our way. As Leam keeps saying though, let's just focus on our own results and we should go to Bristol next week with enough confidence that we can come home with a positive result.
(I really do hope though that we can keep our most promising players and not have our squad totally dismantled like two years ago after our play off season!)
Jack B will be smiling up there....
ON STANLEY ON

Last edited by choirboy; 13-04-2013 at 08:36.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-04-2013, 09:35   #77

You'll understand that this hurts for me to admit, but after the first goal we just didn't want it enough and your guys ran out worthy winners.

The game was devoid of any constructive football but at least you got the result wanted to probably stay up.

The Shots fans are not at all happy with our Managers pre match comments about wanting you to stay up at the expense of a Southern based team.....but tough!

Thought the lad from Blackburn was immense and as for Molyneax, it sounds as though he's on his way to the Fylde coast( no doubt for the money) if you believe the rumours coming from the Cod army!

Our revenge is long overdue.....
KiTChener likes this.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2013, 10:23   #78
God Member

its nice to go into a season knowing that there are some guaranteed points
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2013, 10:27   #79
Full Member+

After watching Stanley play at York last Sat , I thought last nights match was brill . The ref was rather one sided to say the least , but overall we got the points we deserved.Well done Leam and the team. I hope the number of Stanley fans there , return .
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2013, 11:49   #80
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post
as for Molyneax, it sounds as though he's on his way to the Fylde coast( no doubt for the money) if you believe the rumours coming from the Cod army!

Our revenge is long overdue.....
It would be a great pity if he went to Fleetwood. He is much better than that!
Outback Ozzy and KiTChener like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2013, 13:16   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Torquay v Barnet today is postponed due to waterlogged pitch.
Old 13-04-2013, 13:59   #82
Full Member+

The postponed game is a shame, but out of the other key games Burton, N'ton and Exeter all need to win.

Wycombe are the only one with nowt to play for, Barnet win or draw would have meant a step closer to safety.

I reckon 2 draws will do it.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 21:42   #83
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Anyone for potted Shrimp Enjoy Accrington v Morecambe - 12th Apr 2013 | Video | League 2 | Sky Sports Football
KiTChener and cashman like this.
Old 14-04-2013, 22:30   #84
Full Member+

Did we really only concede 2 fouls????
Old 14-04-2013, 22:37   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
Did we really only concede 2 fouls????
Where does it say that? wasn't very many but 2 seems nuts to me.
Old 14-04-2013, 23:26   #86
Senior Member+

The second goal is a perfect illustration of why Rommy Boco is wasted on the wing.
Redraine and yonmon like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 08:21   #87
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Where does it say that? wasn't very many but 2 seems nuts to me.
In the stats at the end of the sky highlights cashy......got to be some kind of record for us?
cashman likes this.
Old 15-04-2013, 08:59   #88
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
In the stats at the end of the sky highlights cashy......got to be some kind of record for us?
cheers i never read em, still can't believe it n i was yon.
Old 15-04-2013, 09:00   #89
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
The second goal is a perfect illustration of why Rommy Boco is wasted on the wing.
And if Rommy was moved into the middle we should sign up a 7ft tall winger to stop the goalie's kicks going into touch.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..