Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2015, 22:01   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Morecambe Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
As far as I know, the 10 yds rule applies everywhere. You don't have to wait for the oppo to retreat, but they can't get involved within the 10 yards if they haven't.
I thought that too Chimer !...so is F19 wrong then ??. Must revise my thinking !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-04-2015, 22:15   #62
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Here you go ....
Free Kick Rules in Soccer

Learn the rules of football's direct and indirect free kicks that you may not have known before

There are two types of free kick , direct and inderect. A free kick is used to restart a play after a foul in football. Free kick rules are specified in Law 13 of the FIFA Laws of the Game.

Generally, in any free kick, an opposing player cannot stand closer than 10 yards (9.15 meters) from the free kick spot. The only exception to this is when an indirect free kick is awarded inside the penalty area (see: Parts of a soccer field). Here, the opposing players form a wall on the goal line. When a player is taking free kick inside his penalty area, the opposing players should stay outside the penalty area, at least 10 yards from the ball, till the ball is played or kicked.
Direct free kick rule

Direct free kicks are also known as one touch kick, since only one touch is required for a goal to be awarded. This kick should always be taken at the spot where the offence took place, and the ball should always be in a stationary position when taking the kick. A player can kick the ball straight into the goal from a direct free kick. However, when an offence worth of a direct free kick is committed inside the penalty region; a penalty kick is awarded instead.

According to FIFA's law, a direct free kick is granted for infractions like:
- Jumping at an opponent player.
- Kicking or attempting to kick a player.
- Tackling a player illegally.
- Charging at an opponent player.
- Pushing an opponent player.
- Tripping or attempting to trip an opponent player.
- Handling the ball with a purpose.
- Holding a player.
Old 05-04-2015, 22:30   #63
Junior Member+

The ref blew his whistle as soon as Morecambe grabbed the ball less than 10 yard so it had to be retaken
missastrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 23:00   #64
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

shrimp player what a great goal from our young lad
Old 06-04-2015, 06:43   #65
Senior Member+

thanks for the free kick rules mab
some Ref's are in error of this rule as I have seen many quickly taken free kicks where the opposing team players have been closer than the prescribed 10 yards and the Ref has not ordered the free kick to be retaken. one that comes to mind is Henry's goal here on youtube
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:43   #66
Senior Member+

If my memory serves me correctly, should Devitt not have been booked for ungentlemanly conduct. Also, I believe, if a ball strikes a player from the free kick who has not retreated the prescribed 10 yards, that too is an automatic yellow card or has this rule been amended? From a personal point of view, Crook got away with it a little bit as had he moved the ball with his hand it could not have been classed as being taken, but because he used his feet Devitt may have wrongly assumed it had. Either way Stanley had a bit of fortune (for once) with this referee but the ref was wrong in not booking Devitt!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:59   #67
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thing is wi refs, the one at the Preston match, no idea who he was, Gave everything to Rochdale, certainly was no homer, we said he musta been refing a few Stanley games fer sure.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:03   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
thanks for the free kick rules mab
some Ref's are in error of this rule as I have seen many quickly taken free kicks where the opposing team players have been closer than the prescribed 10 yards and the Ref has not ordered the free kick to be retaken. one that comes to mind is Henry's goal here on youtube
The referee isn't going to stop play for a player not retreating 10 yards if the other team gains an advantage from it. The Henry one is a classic case of karma, the players know they have to retreat 10 yards, if they want to play silly buggers thats their problem

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..