Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2015, 22:20   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Morecambe Match Thread

Post from their forum " Accrington should have won,they were the better side. And played most of the football"
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-08-2015, 22:37   #17
God Member

It wasn't exactly attack v defence, but make no mistake - Morecambe came out as the away side; it was their knockout cup tie and they were set up as such.

Accy were in control for the large part in my opinion. The fact that we didn't create more clear chances was purely down to the amount of Morecambe bodies playing behind the ball. You can't be so short sighted as to pour scorn on the Stanley players for that. A bit more luck for Josh and we're drawing with a view to winning the game.

Gutted to see the end of those wonderful 10 years. Saying that - I remember the days when we used to gaze upwards and aspire to play Morecambe at a national level. That time came, we surpassed them in promotion to the Football League and proceeded to smash them for a decade. I can live with that.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2015, 07:51   #18
God Member

what a boring 97 minuites of football. we had no penetration once we got into the last third if the pitch. nice little tippy tappy midfield play and plenty of possession against a side that were there for the taking. forget the miss by joss and his first half shot that was all we had to offer upfront. they were poor but still looked the most likely to score. improvement needed on Tuesday night with a bit more directness.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2015, 09:10   #19
God Member

Season,s are,nt shaped on the the first 2 games it takes every team 8 or 9 games to get the shape of the team right last season Cheltenham were in the top 3 early doors and went down, as for the game yesterday I thought it was,nt a good game to watch both sides in typical early season form wrong time of the season for derbies for me lacked any passion shown usually at these games as Nick says no need to panic so early on.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2015, 09:30   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Post from their forum " Accrington should have won,they were the better side. And played most of the football"
And if we'd drawn or won the game we'd have been the same old cheating cloggers they usually call us - easy to be magnanimous when they've finally got the win they've been craving for years
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2015, 10:30   #21
Senior Member+

Simplistic game plan,keep possession of the ball and they can't score,keep the ball moving and they have to chase it and finally take your chances when they come.
We did two reasonably well,the goals will come, windlass,Morgan,kee and crookes had half chances,and we got into good areas but went sideways instead of pulling the trigger.
We are a very young inexperienced team and will learn fast.
Tuesday's game will be tough as they will be on a high beating notts county away.
Need to start will a clean sheet !!!
Old 16-08-2015, 11:35   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
We are a very young inexperienced team
I am always hesitant to disagree with you F19, but I don't think this is true. Piero (23), Kee (24), Deano & Gornell (25), McConville (26), Conneely (27), Barry (29). I wouldn't put any of there in the "very young" category.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2015, 11:41   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I am always hesitant to disagree with you F19, but I don't think this is true. Piero (23), Kee (24), Deano & Gornell (25), McConville (26), Conneely (27), Barry (29). I wouldn't put any of there in the "very young" category.
Or inexperienced
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2015, 11:43   #24
Senior Member+

Well you have all being crying out for Adam Morgan to either get a start or come on off the bench. He did yesterday and not one of you who went to the match has mentioned this fact! How did he do in the 20 or so minutes he played after replacing Coneelly? According to the Beeb, he missed our best chance not Josh, but hey ho I wasn't there so cannot comment on that one. The run had to end sometime and as shakermaker has said, we aspired to be at the level Morecambe were at and then surpassed them. All these years without being beaten has now come to an end. On to Tuesday night and Mansfield come to town. Back on track, we all hope.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2015, 12:02   #25
Senior Member+

Think we lost this one from being tired myself! The hull game I though had took it out on our players and most of them looking lethargic and like others have said not that very penetrating against the not so amazing Morecambe defence! Good goal for Morecambe with a great passing move but after that it was every man behind the ball to get a result! Things just didn't tick for Stanley yesterday but we need to start hitting the target and finishing these chances! This is why we have players such as Gornell and Kee and I think they both need to up their game!! Piero I thought should of carried on running towards goal and finished it himself instead of slowing it down and passing it to Morgan who then should of equally of finished and Windass should of easily bagged also but they had the look as we wasted the chances!

Like watching some of the nice football we play too but for me crooks look tired and kept on slowing the ball down and then trying to turn all the time with it which obviously Bentley and the players have done their homework as he kept getting found out!

Need a win on Tuesday to kick off our season!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2015, 12:05   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Those players have played over 1000 Football league games between them, is that inexperienced?

Clear to see that they are good players, is it just matter of giving them chance to gel?

As it's been said already, Morecambe put many men behind the ball making it harder for us in the final 3rd...Im sure it will click and someone will be on the end of a hiding, just hope it's sooner rather than later!
Old 16-08-2015, 12:12   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Revived,always read your posts with interest.
I may not have worded my post correctly (funny yonmons not pulled me up!),i meant young in terms of experience.
I have always said you should only class yourself as a football pro when youve played fifty league games.
Of yesterdays starting eleven(including morecambe game)
Mooney 9
Pearson 10
Davies 2
Wakefield 7
Connelly 14
Crookes 16
Windass 29

Even Piero has only 73 league games under his belt..
That to me is very inexperienced !!!!
Old 16-08-2015, 15:10   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Well you have all being crying out for Adam Morgan to either get a start or come on off the bench. He did yesterday and not one of you who went to the match has mentioned this fact! How did he do in the 20 or so minutes he played after replacing Coneelly? According to the Beeb, he missed our best chance not Josh, but hey ho I wasn't there so cannot comment on that one. The run had to end sometime and as shakermaker has said, we aspired to be at the level Morecambe were at and then surpassed them. All these years without being beaten has now come to an end. On to Tuesday night and Mansfield come to town. Back on track, we all hope.
As one of the most persistent of agitators on behalf of Morgan, I too would like to know how he did. I know he missed a chance but in that he is no different from both Terry and Billy who have both missed a few in the last three games, but did he look at all dangerous and get into good positions? I know you are more a connoisseur of defenders Footbal19, but what did you think?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2015, 15:53   #29
Senior Member+

Morgan didn't do nothing wrong,but played too deep for me.
He's not blessed with searing pace and his game is similar to frannie Jeffers ( on the shoulder and sniffing a chance out)
Good player tho,like most young lads he needs game time to develop,it a difficult as its a results industry!!!.
It's a long season and he will get opportunities I am sure of that.
Thought their CB (Edwards) had a good game and they packed the midfield in the second half.
Old 16-08-2015, 16:31   #30
Resting in Peace

Thanks for that, Football19. I hope he gets a start on Tuesday!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..