Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2015, 17:06   #31

Re: Morecambe Match Thread

Disappointed yesterday. Certainly think we looked a bit jaded, missed a few good opportunities, and didn't make the most of a lot of midfield possession and decent passing.

One characteristic missing - ruthlessness. Need to get a cross in at the earliest opportunity with 2/3 other players racing in to get on the end of it/pick up any scraps (see Lukaku's 2nd goal for Everton yesterday)
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-08-2015, 12:23   #32
Senior Member+

Some highlights of the match!

cashman likes this.
Old 17-08-2015, 12:49   #33
God Member

There were some highlights???
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2015, 12:56   #34
Senior Member+

Stonewall penalty !!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2015, 14:18   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Morgan didn't do nothing wrong,but played too deep for me.
He's not blessed with searing pace and his game is similar to frannie Jeffers ( on the shoulder and sniffing a chance out)
Good player tho,like most young lads he needs game time to develop,it a difficult as its a results industry!!!.
It's a long season and he will get opportunities I am sure of that.
Thought their CB (Edwards) had a good game and they packed the midfield in the second half.
My turn to talk tactics !!...hopefully !.
It occurred to me that Edwards only had half a good game FA, and that prior to half time Terry kept him more than occupied and maybe came out well on top !..However in the second half when Terry failed to appear this Centre Back suddenly found himself with much more time to sweep up and nullify many of Stanley's forward movements which made him look much more successful !. Therefore in my opinion the non-emergence of our striker was perhaps the pivotal point in the team's lack of attacking thrust in the second period, and possibly denied us the point (s) which the team deserved !.

As a footnote !.... Is Sean McConville really capable of playing up to current Football League standards ??...
I'm not sure, and Alfred.E (who never really cared for him much anyway, says quite emphatically NO !!) ..so our jury is out !.
Redraine and cashman like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2015, 14:53   #36
Senior Member+

Fair points Yonmon, thought Terry's movement was good until he was subject to a bad tackle and it seemed to effect the balance of the team.
Our four nightclub bouncers are no angels tho 😀
Old 17-08-2015, 16:05   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
As a footnote !.... Is Sean McConville really capable of playing up to current Football League standards ??...
If Jimmy Bell thinks he is, then he must be. It's relatively straightforward.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2015, 16:15   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
If Jimmy Bell thinks he is, then he must be. It's relatively straightforward.
Nice one!!
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2015, 16:18   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
I'm not sure, and Alfred.E (who never really cared for him much anyway, says quite emphatically NO !!) ..so our jury is out !.
Get young Phillips in instead! Has twice the attacking go in him than our Seany has.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2015, 16:54   #40
Senior Member+

So Sean McConville been chosen as this seasons scape goat as Crookys was last season, Joyce the season before?

That or some people haven't forgiven Sean for still paying off his monthly payments for the miss at Stevenage semi final in 2011!!

Think most will agree this is the best team we've seen at the crown for some years, let's just get behind the team and club and I'm sure we'll come good!
LongLostSon likes this.
Old 17-08-2015, 17:37   #41
Senior Member+

got to agree baldy,best squad of players I've seen at acci,just need to keep playing the way we are and i am sure the results will come.
squads got a bit of everything and good competition all over the park.
Old 17-08-2015, 17:49   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
So Sean McConville been chosen as this seasons scape goat as Crookys was last season, Joyce the season before?

That or some people haven't forgiven Sean for still paying off his monthly payments for the miss at Stevenage semi final in 2011!!

Think most will agree this is the best team we've seen at the crown for some years, let's just get behind the team and club and I'm sure we'll come good!
Scapegoat is an understatement for seany, he actually done well wen he came on at morecambe an created are best chance of the game only for josh to somehow miss an open goal! But some people on hear will be negative about him no matter if his performances are good bad or indifferent. The player redraine has been wanting to play in Morgan was awful, he miss hit one from 4 yards out , and twice crossed over Barry Roches crossbar with no one near him.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2015, 18:20   #43
God Member

Decent highlights showing some good passing football from the yellow reds.

Good noise as well from the faithfull, what a shame we dont have the support of other clubs as we would turn most games into home matches if we did
Red-Osbornello and mab like this.
Old 17-08-2015, 21:41   #44

Although Sean did put in a couple of decent crosses, he did seem to wander infield from the left side of the pitch.... left us vulnerable defensively (I can think of at least 3 separate occasions where Morecambe were able to advance unopposed up their right wing).

Maybe that's an issue with playing Barry, Coneeley and Crooks.... None of them really seem like players to move forward into the penalty area, meaning our more attacking minded midfielders drift in. Drop one of them for tomorrows game?
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2015, 22:10   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I would suggest leaving Barry out.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..