Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2015, 05:33   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Morecambe Match Thread

thought that myself cashy,if we went 4-3-3 , I would try pearson as the holding midfielder,with crookes and coonnelly given licence to get forward and bring bucko in at fullback.
with the squad theres so many options,but wouldn't panic,just need a few goals to kick start us
would stick with 4-2-3-1 at the moment tho
Kiwi John likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-08-2015, 07:19   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
If Jimmy Bell thinks he is, then he must be. It's relatively straightforward.

Touche !!.
Revived Red likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2015, 08:40   #48
God Member

although we have our best squad for years we seem to have too many similar type of players. with this we cant seem to change the game. would still like a big lad to play upfront no not matt crooks but I always thought it was a good gamble to play him there. as for mc conville he was no worse than other midfield players and i.m not his no.1 fan. best person on the field was the ref.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2015, 08:56   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
So Sean McConville been chosen as this seasons scape goat as Crookys was last season, Joyce the season before?

Why do you think those players where made as scapegoats at those particular points in time??

They simply where not good enough !

Are we not allowed to even vent our frustrations anymore when a certain player is not performing?!? Look at Mingoia on Saturday, never stopped for the whole 90+ minutes and even ended up chasing back in defence at some point! No complaints by anyone on here ?

As for Super Sean, he concentrates his efforts on arguing with opponents as well as the officials.

But its fine, he lives at number 3 Coleman close!
cashman, yonmon and keep the faith like this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2015, 08:59   #50
God Member

When you play a system like ours your always going to be wide open down the flanks to a fast counter attack because the system makes you narrow through the middle, this was the case with their goal Saturday quick counter 2 touches to Devitt who had all the time and space he needed guick cross goal 3 pts gone. I too think we could do with a big lad up front if we persist with 1 striker up the top can hopefully get 3pts tonight to stop a bad start and get the season going.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..