Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2015, 09:10   #1

Morecambe Match Thread

I love away trips to Morecambe, apart from some great results and fightbacks there, this fixture usually produces a good game.

Put in a performance like on Tuesday night, and we have every chance of a win today.

Gornell back into starting 11? He did score on Tuesday. Also Coneeley to replace Barry I reckon.

Also how good has Winnard been in the last 2 games, can remember at least a dozen key tackles/interceptions/blocks so far.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-08-2015, 16:14   #2
God Member

Re: Morecambe Match Thread

Absolutely gutted! Morecambe didn't do us over, we did ourselves over - no more to say on the subject
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2015, 16:20   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Absolutely gutted! Morecambe didn't do us over, we did ourselves over - no more to say on the subject
Oh dear - doubtless others will have lots to say
Old 15-08-2015, 17:19   #4

We were poor and it could have been more. I had a bad feeling about today and it proved correct.

For those who think we are promotion material it is a wake up call but we can and will get better.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2015, 17:23   #5
Senior Member+

Does Josh Windass' miss mean he owes the club the league title?

That's how it works if someone misses an easy chance isn't it?
AccyMad likes this.
Old 15-08-2015, 17:30   #6
Senior Member+

Footballs a funny game !,we started what looked a 4-3-3 line up and we dominated the first half and went in one down,unbelievable!.
We weren't as dominant in the second half,but we were by far the better side.
How josh missed an open goal from three yards about summed up the day.
Just need to start scoring to reward the great football were producing.
If I was nit picking,our front three were miles apart and as fatigue kicked in the centre forward became isolated.
Defensively we were excellent and was only undone by a cut back and their midfielder not being tracked (think it was Barry).
Performance was good,pity about the result
baldy likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2015, 17:46   #7
Senior Member+

Well my two pence worth...... First time in a while!

If that is all we have to show over 90 minutes then I really am I worried man. When Winnard has to go up front you know things are desperate. Fancy triangle possession football on the half way line might be great at the Nou camp, Barcelona but not on a Saturday afternoon in Morecambe. No penetration, yes young Josh misses a sitter but we deserved absolutely nowt.

As others have said, Mingoia and Windass seem to be on another planet to the rest of the side, by far our biggest threats. I would love to know how many blades of grass Piero covers over 90 minutes, a wonderful player.

As for Crooks I really would love for someone to tell me what he brings to the side.... Ive seen an ape playing with a melon in Chester Zoo have better ball control than him.... Truly dreadful for me. Gornell looked nowhere near fit to me ??? Thought Kee showed some nice touches but again.... looked unfit. Quite strange that Buxton was left out..... For me he is a sure starter if fit!

A long hard season beckons on that showing...........

But it's fine we have the greatest management team on the planet !!!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2015, 17:50   #8
Resting in Peace

I wasn't there so can't comment on the performance, but am encouraged by reports that we were the better side. From what I've seen this term I'm sure the results will come once we get our best front options settled down. Mansfield had better watch out on Tuesday!��
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2015, 17:53   #9
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Footballs a funny game !,we started what looked a 4-3-3 line up and we dominated the first half and went in one down,unbelievable!.
We weren't as dominant in the second half,but we were by far the better side.
How josh missed an open goal from three yards about summed up the day.
Just need to start scoring to reward the great football were producing.
If I was nit picking,our front three were miles apart and as fatigue kicked in the centre forward became isolated.
Defensively we were excellent and was only undone by a cut back and their midfielder not being tracked (think it was Barry).
Performance was good,pity about the result
I don't agree that you dominated the first half. Goodall's shot comes back off the bar to Ellison and he missed an easier chance than the late chance for Accy. That should have been 2-0.

Anyway I don't think anyone could begrudge us a result today , the run had to end sometime.
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2015, 17:55   #10

Domination does not win games it's goals and they should have scored again long before windass missed when they hit the woodwork and missed the rebound. I presume the disallowed goal was offside for them as it was down the far end.

We did have a lot of possession and they didn't look that great but they still got their first league win and that's a downer today.

Hopefully we have learned but that's two league games in a row where we are lacking a cutting edge.
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2015, 18:02   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
Domination does not win games it's goals and they should have scored again long before windass missed when they hit the woodwork and missed the rebound. I presume the disallowed goal was offside for them as it was down the far end.

We did have a lot of possession and they didn't look that great but they still got their first league win and that's a downer today.

Hopefully we have learned but that's two league games in a row where we are lacking a cutting edge.
Other than the Windass chance we never had any other chances in the game, all nice playing tippy tappy football in the centre of midfield but we didn't hurt morecambe at all. It was a comfortable afternoon for there 2 central defenders.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2015, 18:07   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post
I don't agree that you dominated the first half. Goodall's shot comes back off the bar to Ellison and he missed an easier chance than the late chance for Accy. That should have been 2-0.

Anyway I don't think anyone could begrudge us a result today , the run had to end sometime.
Jim Bentley admitted on lancs radio they were given a football lesson in the first half and were lucky to go in ahead.
That's how I saw it , we never panicked and they were chasing shadows,indeed they took moly off not long after half time to go narrower,it really looked like we were the home team and for large parts tried to force the pace.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2015, 18:26   #13
Full Member+

Well I must have been watching a different game to others . We started well , then fell asleep after ten mins , half time was no better , but the last five minutes were brilliant , we did actually start playing .
It had to be a downer today after the superb performance they gave on Tues against Hull I bet they still worn out from it.
Anyway it's been and gone so bring on Tuesday.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2015, 19:24   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie
But it's fine we have the greatest management team on the planet !!!
Hold, Hold. Tighter, Tighter.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2015, 20:32   #15

Well its early days yet and we probably have not got over two league games what we have deserved
it no good feeling sorry for ourselfs
Come out of the blocks roaring on tuesday and get at em
A win tuesday then its a decent start, then build from there

Dont Panic
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..