Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree80Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2016, 13:31   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Morecambe Thread

Reckon tomorrows game will be a cracker, both sides doing ok. plus a derby match, think we will come of age tomorrow and stuff em.
AccyMad and Chrisr like this.
Old 26-08-2016, 14:23   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Morecambe Thread

Looking forward to this one.

Just hope for a win and Ellison sees RED !
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 15:05   #3

Good afternoon! First time I have felt compelled to type, even though I have been entertained for months on this ere forum.

I'm actually a life long Leeds fan that drifted along to the York cup match last year and fell instantly in love with the club, Brad Halliday, the lady that slowly serves pints in the clubhouse, and the glorious Clayton End views of the sun drenched Coppice where I played as a boy.

I left Accrington in 1969 but am not just back for the glory that Stanley inevitably brings -my parents still live her.
(I think I'm slowly converting my friends who have listened to tales of travels to far flung exotic places like Wycombe and Wimbledon and seen all the iphone videos of the Ultras in full voice with increasing envy. I believe that shortly I will be having most of South Manchester bussed up on a regular basis to witness for themselves the Redvolution.)

Anyway, enough of that bollx. I agree with Cashman and also think tomorrow will be the match where the blue touchpaper of this season is lit, even though the fire will not fully warm the cold Lancastrian air until some further changes are made.

Our defence is looking rock solid (Beckles looks Premier League class in the making, Parish a sigh of relief from the clumsy hands of Chapman, the Don filling Brad's boots - not that that will ever be truly possible) and there are enough busy, small players to cause many problems for the opposition once our pass-and-move ups a gear.

We just need a bit more umph in the middle before we surge up through the divisions to European glory. However, even without this I believe should be capable of getting plenty of narrow victories in Div 2 if we play with the energy of Wednesday night.

That, hopefully, starts tomorrow.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 16:01   #4
I am Banned

Supposed to chuck it down tomorow, let's hope Ellison picks up a sudden injury
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 16:46   #5
God Member

Not according to my weather app. - sunny/cloudy, 21degrees & only 10% chance of raindrops - Big Kev'll be happy
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 17:38   #6
God Member

Quote:
Not according to my weather app. - sunny/cloudy, 21degrees & only 10% chance of raindrops - Big Kev'll be happy
Kev's prepared.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 22:41   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Good afternoon! First time I have felt compelled to type, even though I have been entertained for months on this ere forum.

I'm actually a life long Leeds fan that drifted along to the York cup match last year and fell instantly in love with the club, Brad Halliday, the lady that slowly serves pints in the clubhouse, and the glorious Clayton End views of the sun drenched Coppice where I played as a boy.

I left Accrington in 1969 but am not just back for the glory that Stanley inevitably brings -my parents still live her.
(I think I'm slowly converting my friends who have listened to tales of travels to far flung exotic places like Wycombe and Wimbledon and seen all the iphone videos of the Ultras in full voice with increasing envy. I believe that shortly I will be having most of South Manchester bussed up on a regular basis to witness for themselves the Redvolution.)

Anyway, enough of that bollx. I agree with Cashman and also think tomorrow will be the match where the blue touchpaper of this season is lit, even though the fire will not fully warm the cold Lancastrian air until some further changes are made.

Our defence is looking rock solid (Beckles looks Premier League class in the making, Parish a sigh of relief from the clumsy hands of Chapman, the Don filling Brad's boots - not that that will ever be truly possible) and there are enough busy, small players to cause many problems for the opposition once our pass-and-move ups a gear.

We just need a bit more umph in the middle before we surge up through the divisions to European glory. However, even without this I believe should be capable of getting plenty of narrow victories in Div 2 if we play with the energy of Wednesday night.

That, hopefully, starts tomorrow.
A delightfully crafted post Lord Didsbury !.. which I hope will not be your last !.
How refreshing to read your sensible prose after attempting to make some sense of the odd ramblings offered by our friend directing the ' fan liaison rep ' thread !.
As to tomorrows game, which I hope you will be there to see, as Cashy predicts it should be more than the usual Reds v Shrimps encounter by virtue of the current form being displayed by both teams.
AccyMad, in spite of the advice offered by some Weather forecasters that rain showers are likely to fall around the Wham Stadium, has it seems a direct line to the Almighty,
and has ordered fair weather for the afternoon !.
So all is set for another ride on the Stanley Rollercoaster ....hoping that along with the loyal 1000.. many newcomers will be there to witness the spectacle !.

ON STANLEY !...ON TO GREATER THINGS !!.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 22:55   #8
Super Moderator

A bus from Didsbury I would love to see! it'd make a change from the usual bus load for the Etihad on match days!
Old 27-08-2016, 08:57   #9
God Member

Just hope for a win and Ellison sees RED ![/QUOTE]

that would cap a wonderful week, but a win and alison sorry i mean ellison missing a sitter infront of the clayton end will do.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 15:13   #10
God Member

I may be wrong but, reading the summary of the game so far, I suspect there may be the odd comment on the referee today.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 16:20   #11

Game changed on sending off. Before hand lots of good chances even though Morecambe had a couple of chances we where dominating. Referee has made the decision can see why Hughes was sent off he was last man although it was 25 yards from goal could beckles have got back? After the sending off we lost focus and the score shows what happen. We came on strong late on but we couldnt snatch the equaliser. Good to see billy scoring again and we looked a threat going forward. O'Sullivan and mcconville where good threats all game. As was mccartain early on. Connelly had a rare bad day at the office. We missed being able to bring a proper left back on when we went down to 10 but as I mentioned mcconville did well today.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
monkey hanger likes this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 16:26   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

As far as i'm concerned Coneelly shoulda been subbed at half time or someone should, 2-1 up against the league leaders a defender should have been put on,was obvious to all Morecambe would throw the kitchen sink at us, Tactically Inept in my view.
smudgie and keep the faith like this.
Old 27-08-2016, 16:53   #13
Senior Member+

Massively disappointing today.

Totally agree with Cashman, thought Conneely had an absolute shocker, probably his worst game in a red shirt.

No doubt Coley will try blaming the fans or Accrington public as usual, however the blame is firmly at his feet on this occasion for me.

Mcconville at left back ?!? (No im not blaming him, by his standards he has improved for me this season) Really !??! We have a recognised full back on loan from a premier league side yet he doesn't bring him on when we are down to ten men, quite unbelievable.

We can blame the ref all day, but I personally thought he didn't have a choice with the Hughes Red Card, deserved to go.

What was most frustrating again for me was the lack of subs, to play 120 minutes 3 days ago then leave it till 20 minutes before the finish AND with ten men was quite painful to watch. He has a squad, WHY NOT USE IT !!!?!

Will be interesting to see the XI he picks on Tuesday night.
chevyfire likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 16:57   #14
Senior Member+

I'm sorry cherryfire, have to disagree on one of your thoughts
'connelly had a rate bad day' - he was poor vs Donny, barnet and nothing special vs Bradford.

I don't think he is good enough in the central midfield role, his passing is to sloppy and his creativity and vision is poor. We miss brown although truth be told we really miss crooks!

Surely the French lad can't be any worse than Connelly in central midfield?

Let's be honest, Morecambe where a good team and deserved the win
cashman and keep the faith like this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 17:01   #15
Senior Member+

I also agree with the point raised about the lack of subs and the wider point about the lack of team rotation.
Unlike many previous years, Coleman now had a decent size squad and he should be using them all to keep the lads fresh.
cashman likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..