Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2004, 22:38   #1
Senior Member+

Morecambe tonight

A good solid performance tonight, with all the players playing their hearts out. Brannan again stood out as having an excellent game, as did Bimson. Based on his last two appearances I think we should go all out to make Bimson's move permanent.

Craney's goal? What a cracker and from where we were stood it was in all the way.

I don't think it's unfair to say that we made a decent Morecambe side look very, very average tonight. Anyone agree?
Old 17-08-2004, 22:44   #2
Full Member+

Re: Morecambe tonight

Agreed

Mullin and Jaggers could have easily wrapped up the points with a goal apiece in the second half as we creates a lot more chances than them and better ones as well. Can't understand Cooky's booking - it wasn't as if he was time-wasting and it was him that was getting pushed around by their players!

They looked like a very good team tonight, so much so that it looks a difficult decision who to leave out now that Rory will be back from suspension.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2004, 22:48   #3

Totally agree TM!

Bimson was excellent tonight - outstanding!

Craney's goal has to be an early contender for goal of the seaon - scorcher! The scoreline should have been more impressive if we are honest despite the fact that they had more possesion (sp?).

I thought the ref was never going to blow - where the five minutes (and the rest!) came from I do not know!

Well done to everyone who went - we outsung Morecambe by a country mile, no contest!

Shrimps for supper! Mmmmm.........!
Old 17-08-2004, 22:50   #4
God Member

Great night.. I got sick of going to Morecambe and gtting beat lasts eason.. Even went to the reserves final and got beat... I said I thought this would be a test and we came through with flying colours...

great turn out... But special mention to Jase.... Willie Miller.... Excellent flags mate... all of em... top job there.. round of applause...
Old 17-08-2004, 22:58   #5

Aye the Flags were excellent..

and the Atmosphere.. brilliant, Roll on Stevenage!
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2004, 23:03   #6
God Member

Just had a look on the morecambe board.. it seems we are a very average side., or we are a terrible side and they made us look good. it would seem we arn't very good at all..

But the real killer punch was this one...

Quote:
Accrington came happy to take a 0-0 draw
snigger snigger
Old 17-08-2004, 23:05   #7
Senior Member+

Gotta agree with all that has been said before on this thread. Thought the Ref was over fussy, and the diving and play acting by the likes of Twiss were disgraceful. At one point I though that Howarth (Morecambe No 4) was trying to get Lutel sent off. A disgrace to professionalism. Well done to the lads and the management team. Still top of the league almost.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2004, 23:06   #8

If you had seen us in pre-season and at Exeter Kipax then you would have a similar view. We played it right into Accrington's hands tonight. Yes you were the better side, congratualtions on your three points but I thought you were beatable tonight, yet our poor midfield and pathetic defence made things very easy four you.

P.S. Was the goal kick/penalty incident really a goal kick? And should Lutel James have ended the game on the field?

Good luck for the season
The Fury (MFC) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2004, 23:12   #9

Just been there myself as well Kipax! There were a couple who begrugdingly acknowledged that we may be a force to be reckoned with - but yeah - mostly that they made us look good. I disagree - we outplayed them in every department and, like some of them said, wanted it more. A testament to our performance was them resorting to hoofing it up in desparation after just 20-25 minutes. They had so much more possesion but were just harassed into playing the long (and hopeless) long ball - whereas we used our smaller amount of time with the ball to better and more decisive effect - we had the better chances by far and if they were taken (which, if we are being honest, a couple should have!) then we would have run out as emphatic winners. The ref made a couple of odd decisions which went against BOTH sides! A great performance overall!
Old 17-08-2004, 23:46   #10
Senior Member+

A TOP night, Top flags , Top performance, Top support.

All players were fully commited tonight, Tin Monkey agree about Bimson..Quality through and through. Craney well worth his price tag.

We looked on the whole controlled and confident... Did not like the last 15 mins though I think we could have attacked more and finished e'm in style.

I bet Rochdale are wishing they had not let EVIL go..... if he carry's on like that we will be up at the top for sure...

Lets finish Stevenage off in style and really show e'm what we are made off
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2004, 08:01   #11

Talking Re: Morecambe tonight

So what Morecambe are saying is in fact we only won coz they were so poor? Isnt that the whole point? They were supposed to be at home! If your not up for it in front of your own fans well..I cant remember the last time we went to Christie Park and got all 3 points - I do remember getting wasted 5-0 up there one season - I suppose this makes up for that - well done all at Accy, especially Coley - I bet he was a bit chuffed .. a great start to what hopefully will be a great season.. and yes top flaggage J! Good egg fella...

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2004, 08:23   #12

Bit of a nail biter at the end but what a result !!!! Bimson what a player, get him signed he has been excellent in both league games.

Come On You Reds
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2004, 08:37   #13
Senior Member+

Yeh we were absolutely superb last night, can't fault anyone....

Bimson had a brilliant game and hopefully we can get him signed on.

Nice one Jase for all them cracking flags, now just bring on bottom of the league Stevenage on Saturday!!!!!

Come On Stanley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2004, 17:19   #14

I've always found it quite funny how opposition fans interpret one game completely different to others. We are so unbelievably biased its unbelievable. We usually have a slight eye on the opposition but seem to concentrate more on our own player’s movement etc...or I do anyway.

On Saturday at Exeter I thought Morecambe came back with excellent fighting spirit and changed the game, Exeter fans thought it was down to the incompetence of their side. I suspect it was somewhere in between, like yesterday.
The Fury (MFC) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2004, 17:41   #15
Senior Member+

you watch ur own team and if a player gets teackled, u dont think, Good tackle!, ur annoyed hat ur players lost the ball, and when ur striker isnt closed down and scores, u dont care if it was a defensive error, to you it was a good goal.

anyone understand?
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..