Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2017, 08:22   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Morecambe V Stanley Match Thread

I thought we were much the better team first half could have been four goal up at half time, on the sending off which was right in front of us in the main stand Oliver was out of control a one foot lunge with both feet off the ground so no argument the red, then down to 10 men they seemed to double their commitment chased every ball down, they had a big shout for a penalty at the far end which from our position was impossible to see, thought we got a host of decisions go our way from the ref. that was a big change, then the ever green big Kev gets on the score sheet bless him, as yonmon said the game looks completely different to each set of supporters I guess we are all bios when we watch our team play,
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-09-2017, 08:25   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Shrimpsvoices should look at the stats they had 10 shots 1 on Target. Stanley Had 21 with 6 on target,and if they look at the stats for corners @ Fouls they musta had their eyes shut mosta the 90 mins.
2-1 sounds a close game but for us that went it made morecambe look good. really a one sided game and with better finishing could have been 3 nil by half time. we we good or did morecambe make us look good that is the question that will be answered in the next few weeks. feeling optimistic though after yesterday. if i was shrimpvoices i,d be very afraid this season with a few more performances like that.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:40   #48
Senior Member+

Well my first game in quite a while yesterday, was nice to be back. Always enjoy taking 3 points in Morecambe, whatever the weather! If that's the standard in League 2 then I don't think we have any chance of going down, which for me, should always be the initial target.

Was very impressed with Jackson up front, can't remember us playing 2 genuine strikers together since the Symes & Grant days, was nice to see, especially away from home.

Gutted for the young keeper, but I wasn't surprised to be honest. The luck with have with keepers at our club over the last 20 years has been unbelievable. Can't say Chapman fills me (or the defence by the looks of it) with any confidence.

Like Coley said on the radio, the 8 loanees is proving a problem, with 3 having to be left out every week, I just hope we have the funds to buy one or two.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:42   #49

How good is jackson?! He was giving the morecambe defence all kinds of problems, and had run himself into the ground by 90minutes, really impressed with him so far.

Also we play the current bottom four (and two home fixtures against other teams) in the next six games. If we are serious about promotion, four wins from six should be the minimum goal. Just being optimistic!
monkey hanger likes this.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:46   #50
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Unusual way to treat an injured muscle by stretching it?

Pleased to see Chappers back in. I love feeling anxious.

They were diagnosing it, it is what physios do, in case it was just cramp.

Good prices at Morecambe with £5 fot under 19s , free for under 11s, £10 for 18-22 and £17 for adults.

Save me £13 compared to stanley prices for - and there was a roof
smudgie likes this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:41   #51
God Member

Thought we were awesome in the first 15 minutes could and should have been 3 in front we have a team here that if kept together will only get better at the same time improvement on converting chances hopefully Coley says he wants to turn loans into contracts for some of the 8 lads we have just a quick mention on Young Ogle looks seriously good and in time could lead to a lot of money for Stanley. PS. Always good to beat the sore losers of Morecambe.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 14:13   #52

Chewbacca - obviously physios diagnose injuries it just looked like a full on stretch to me... leg up, foot bent backwards - it looked like he was actually treating cramp!

Anyway, I'm not a physio (though god knows I've had so many injuries over the years, and encountered some very dodgy physics) so regret voicing off. So yes, mr physio if you are reading I apologise.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 17:15   #53
Senior Member+

A slightly longer video, from Morecambe FC:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuu...Fyl2vKtgMZ9xaw
mab likes this.

Last edited by MikeA; 03-09-2017 at 17:19.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 12:36   #54
God Member

For all those Morecambe fans who thought it was a 'fair' tackle...both feet off the ground, studs up, lunging at player and ball.

There's also another photo of an 'over the top' challenge from the same player on the Fishy site.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (101.7 KB, 47 views)
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 09:06   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
For all those Morecambe fans who thought it was a 'fair' tackle...both feet off the ground, studs up, lunging at player and ball.

There's also another photo of an 'over the top' challenge from the same player on the Fishy site.
thought he led with his elbow also in the early part of the game. got his just reward in the end.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:12   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
thought he led with his elbow also in the early part of the game. got his just reward in the end.
He did, but things like that dont count to these Shrimpers, the ref never saw it.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:41   #57
God Member

He didn't see our friend Kevin Ellison having Liam Nolan in a headlock either - on the whole I thought the ref was ok for us which made a nice change but from a Morecambe fan's point of view, well you see things differently when you've lost don't you
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 15:45   #58
Senior Member+

Just watched the video, cheers Mike, a 6'+ goal keeper palming a cross on to their forwards head??? Goals are hard enough to come by without making pressies out of them. However I will get to watch the next 3 home games to get a fuller picture. Can't wait for Saturday, off to Vancouver airport in a couple of hours. Hope to see you at the Wham, will have my ROBERTS Stanley shirt on, say hello.
cashman and choirboy like this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..