Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2019, 15:32   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Mortgaging the family silver

What a great thread this is, everyone pulling the same way, almost total agreement. The only thing I can't understand is some doubts about going in to the championship, why would it cost any more? We would get better gates, earn more money from the F.A., visit different grounds, I don't see any down side, certainly the players wages may be higher but some may be happy just to play in a higher league, as Cash says, I'd take it for a season and enjoy the experience. As for the ground being sold, makes no sense.
cashman likes this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-05-2019, 16:15   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
The lowest average home gate in the Championship last season was Rotherham United with 9,880. Even if we had a full house for every home game (which we wouldn't have), our average home gate would still only be just over half that. How long would we survive in the Championship in those circumstances, even with the fillip of a one-shot payment from selling our ground?
What, I wonder, were the Crazy Gangs average home gates before they became the plastic Dons? Remeber, they played at Plough Lane and yet they managed to get to 1st Division (Premiership) and win the FA Cup. It is possible to survive and, yes, even get promoted to the EPL, but would we, the supporters, be happy?

BTW, my thoughts on this subject are, we must never sell the ground etc for what could prove to be a folly

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 17:07   #33

Andy stated a few weeks ago that if we got jnto the Championship he'd give Coley a million to pull up a deckchair with him and wait for League 1 to start again!

Championship is worth £7m instead of £700k in tv cash, he douldnt give a monkeys if we had crowds of a thousand or sell outs. To us its a fortune and would entirely finish our ground AND put a good wedge towards the following season L1 push if we came straight down.

If we went up it would be another happy accident like the last 2 title wins! But i wouldnt spend a deliberate penny chasing it
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 18:07   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd View Post
Andy stated a few weeks ago that if we got jnto the Championship he'd give Coley a million to pull up a deckchair with him and wait for League 1 to start again!

Championship is worth £7m instead of £700k in tv cash, he douldnt give a monkeys if we had crowds of a thousand or sell outs. To us its a fortune and would entirely finish our ground AND put a good wedge towards the following season L1 push if we came straight down.

If we went up it would be another happy accident like the last 2 title wins! But i wouldnt spend a deliberate penny chasing it
Yeh nailed it correctly there mate.
Spartacus2nd likes this.
Old 22-05-2019, 20:17   #35
Senior Member+

Who is going to pay a lot of money for land with a restrictive covenant on limiting it to football stadium use?

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2019, 08:20   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Who is going to pay a lot of money for land with a restrictive covenant on limiting it to football stadium use?
thats fine if it remained like that but when there,s money flying about you could see the restrictive covenant being removed if the brown envelopes are big enough.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2019, 19:36   #37
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Yes, because the club will (hopefully, and especially if it owns the ground) outlive Andy , and his heirs and successors might not be so well inclined towards Stanley.
Hope you have made your will out Andy.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..