Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2009, 00:25   #136
Senior Member+

Re: Mullers Gone To Bantams

So, I was worrying about getting the fabulously priced season ticket.

Well, worry no more.

Of course they'd thought that through, and were prepared to take the drop in demand.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-03-2009, 01:30   #137
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
20th march 2009, the day loyalty died!
Absolutely nothing would question Muller's loyalty towards the cause of A.S.F.C.-

More of a case of somebody higher in the chain of command seeing an opportunity to get a TOP EARNER off the books,for what they would hope to be seen as a "temporary measure".

Truth is, if Bradford are successful in getting out of League Two with his services, will Mullin want to return ??? Answers on a postcard for attention of........??

Fill in the rest if you will, but what can the club expect ??, with home gates LOWER than numerous Blue Square / Conference sides.

I'm not wishing to defend whoever has sanctioned this deal and nobody would begrudge Mullers for trying to better himself. However, the timing stinks.

Many have said the club has been taking "educated gambles". I.E. not splashing out cash on signings this season, gambling on points deductions to other teams securing our league status this season, etc,etc etc.

This could be one gamble that could, in effect, bury a final nail in a coffin that many critics have been waiting to see "finally put to rest".

With our Talisman gone, the man who was the inspiration and linchpin behind our meteoric rise back to the league and indeed staying in the league,now departed,with survival by no way assured, what price our demise back to the depths of non league obscurity??? If not this season, next?? What effect will this have on squad morale, supporter morale???

Answers on the same post card.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 01:42   #138
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
If one of the players coming in is Barry Conlon, then it could be ok for us until the end of the season.
he's gone to Grimsby until end of season..

Just gets worse IMHO
Old 21-03-2009, 07:37   #139
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
he's gone to Grimsby until end of season..
Yeah, I saw that yesterday. It means that Conlon has the chance to score against yet again this season.
Old 21-03-2009, 07:45   #140
Senior Member+

Bradford City's take on his departure:

Mullin replaces Conlon up front (From Bradford Telegraph and Argus)

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 08:04   #141
Senior Member+

I must say, this has come as a shock to me, but PM has not been scoring of late and JImmy Ryan has. The new signings look good especially Mick Symes so that should mix things up a bit. Also how many teams play us week in week out thinking PM is the target man (which he was) lets mark him out of the game. New blood, different way of playing, confuse the opposition. Good Luck to the team today and for the remainder of the season. For those of you who think it is bad, how many recently praised a certain EW for keeping the club in the black? Maybe this is just part and parcel of the savings, we will never know. Panic me, not yet anyway

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 08:39   #142
K-P

Well I have got over the shock and I have slept on it and today is a new day... My feelings about it now are .... Its still a crock

Has anyone got one good reason other than he wants to? One good reason for accy stanley? cus I ahve a bucket load as to why he should still be here.. Money... we have to pay wages to the ones in you know...Amazing how many of you are now saying he wasnt even up to the job... funny cus Bradford thinks he is and by the fact that he was being picked for stanley.. coley thinks he is as well.

total crock so stop making petty excuses perlease
Old 21-03-2009, 08:50   #143
Senior Member+

If he has gone as some people have put because we get to save a few ££££ and we might of got a loan fee for him, doesn't that say something about the money the club have because how come we never did it last year or the year before that. The club must be really desperate for money to do this to a good striker. 10 pages in one day says something about how the fans feel and the club will have alot to answer for. Walking on the terrace today i think thier will be an air of sadness, confusion, i wonder how coley feels about this, did he have any say in it, did he know they wanted him on loan or did he just get a call saying Mullin wont be in training hes gone bradford for a couple of months. Coley has done some amazing things for the club, but for the board to do this to him (thats if coley did not agree to the matter) than what relationship does that show! Does coley really deserve losing the best striker the club has even if he has not been scoring of late.

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 09:54   #144
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
Well I have got over the shock and I have slept on it and today is a new day... My feelings about it now are .... Its still a crock

Has anyone got one good reason other than he wants to? One good reason for accy stanley? cus I ahve a bucket load as to why he should still be here.. Money... we have to pay wages to the ones in you know...Amazing how many of you are now saying he wasnt even up to the job... funny cus Bradford thinks he is and by the fact that he was being picked for stanley.. coley thinks he is as well.

total crock so stop making petty excuses perlease
yer entitled to think that, my good reason is he aint been cutting it this season. that simple.
Old 21-03-2009, 10:05   #145

Lightbulb Re: Mullers Gone To Bantams

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrogate bantam View Post
thanks for helping us out with mullin. by the responce on here looks like he will do a job for us.

hope you lads dont miss him too much and i hope our fans dont do their usual and destroy him before he gets a chance.

I for one thank you for helping us out, we needed it.
In a decent team P.M. will shine , given the right service.
slerpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 10:08   #146
Senior Member+

Fans have the right to voice their opionion on this ....

However, yet again on here, that opinion is shouted down by the few. That is why less & less post on here. Your opinion may be different then mine but I wouldn'tbe arrogant enough to tell you that you are wrong.

My thoughts :-

Mullin wouldn't go unless he wanted to, therefore I question his loyalty when we are in the middle of a relegation scrap.
JC will not stop any player moving on if they want to. That his the basis for his sales pitch to get players in.
The "suits" have to balance the books, if this is the real reason then lets say so.........

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 10:17   #147
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Yeah oh wise one, sorry about that.

Mullin ain't just another player. Using my head it is easy to see reasons why he would like a shot at a "big club". It is easy to see why Coleman would not stand in his way. It is easy to see that it could make financial sense.

However, as a football romantic... I yearn for a time when loyalty is valued above ££££ notes.

That time, even at lowly Accrington, has gone..........

PS Its prob more childish to respond to my point of view with just........."grow up"
Quote:
Fans have the right to voice their opionion on this ....

However, yet again on here, that opinion is shouted down by the few. That is why less & less post on here. Your opinion may be different then mine but I wouldn'tbe arrogant enough to tell you that you are wrong.

My thoughts :-

Mullin wouldn't go unless he wanted to, therefore I question his loyalty when we are in the middle of a relegation scrap.
JC will not stop any player moving on if they want to. That his the basis for his sales pitch to get players in.
The "suits" have to balance the books, if this is the real reason then lets say so.........
theres the arrogance which you wouldn't be willie, try learning what words mean.
Old 21-03-2009, 10:24   #148
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
theres the arrogance which you wouldn't be willie, try learning what words mean.
Those quotes just highlight my point

Try highlighting the one when my opinion was quashed with a "grow up"

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 21-03-2009, 10:34   #149
Senior Member+

The back of the LET says and i quote

"Eric Whalley insists there is a strong possibility that Accrington Stanley supporters have not seen that last of Paul Mullin in a Reds shirt. A section of Stanley fans yesterday vented thier anger on website messageboards over the clubs decision to let Accrington favourite Mullin join League Two rivals Bradford City until end of the season" it goes onto say about the loans we brought in than says
"But questions have been raised over whether thise additions adequately compensate the loss off Mullin.... The move does prove financially beneficial for Stanley, as Bradford pay Mullin's full wages and an additional fee to accrington for each apperance the striker makes. however stanley chairman whalley insists it was mullin's burning desire for a new challenge that twisted the club's arm to relinquish thier star striker. the manager coleman didn't want to let him go, but it was Pauls decision to move to bradford said whallet it was a chance of playing at wembley"

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 10:44   #150
Senior Member+

I think Mullins opinion on the deal should have been secondary......

Who will be at fault if we get relegated.......

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..