Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2009, 12:00   #166
God Member

Re: Mullers Gone To Bantams

Paul Mullin clearly had nothing to do with this deal except for helping out the club's financial woes by going on loan.

Has anyone seen the Lancashire Telegraph from last night? Paul was joking about not letting Jimmy pass him in the scoring charts for too long. That article will have been put together on Thursday. Come Friday he wants a kick-about at Wembley in a naff kit? Anyone who believes that needs their head feeling.

The official statement on Paul leaving comes from the business side of the club, not the management. The management put together some words through gritted teeth about Michael Symes and there passes another day at Accrington Stanley.

Paul Mullin gets better every season. His presence is immeasurable and invaluable. This leads to him being marked and targeted with greater hostility as the season wears on. To see him score any is an achievment with the batterings that lad has to take. His passing and positioning have improved greatly in the new year, and at this rate I'd envisage a one year extension onto his current deal. Perhaps a hint of sentiment there.

We've lost of our linchpin on loan, we haven't had time to learn a different style of play (let alone look forward to one), and we have brought in three duffers.

The team are going to need all our support this afternoon.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-03-2009, 12:02   #167
Senior Member+

Three "duffers"? Based on what?
Old 21-03-2009, 12:04   #168
God Member

One reported duffer and two inexperienced unknowns. Better?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 12:08   #169
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thats the way it should be mab, hope yer right n the sulkers get behind whoever replaces him.
cheers cashyimho paul has done the right thing for him self and the club as a whole,i would think pm wages of around 2k a wk would ease the cash flow for the club
Old 21-03-2009, 12:11   #170
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
have you seen the setup at bradford.. having tasted the relative big time will he want to go back to porta cabins... he doesnt need the money.. he has nothing to prove and has probably gone to bradford for a taste of somehting else....
Not sure its entirely different. Its the only other ground I can recall where the players change in a changing room block separate from the main stand in the corner of the ground.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 12:20   #171
Senior Member+

if folk want to protest, if folk want to sulk, if folk want to boycott....

let them, its their club. i for one will be fully behind Stanley but will let my feellings be known

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 12:25   #172
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
One reported duffer and two inexperienced unknowns. Better?
So based on nothing substantial at all. Give these lads a chance.

When Symes first went to Shrewsbury he was a revelation. A skillful player, but one that has suffered from injuries and a loss of form. Who's the say he won't re-find it with us?

We might even be saying, "Paul who?", in a few weeks.
Old 21-03-2009, 12:38   #173
Senior Member+

I agree with TM.

When my other club returned to the top flight they took Lee Chapman who was thought to be finished at that level after duff periods at Arsenal and Sunderland for a knock down fee. The bloke was soon re-born and after a great spell at S6 went on to greater things with Leeds before moving to West Ham.

Symes has a good pedigree and is still only 25. The lad from Burnley must be good to make their bench so early. What's wrong about coming from Burscough? Evil began there. Who can forget their cup exploits only losing 3-0 against Sheffield United at Bramall Lane and great players like Bobby Langton who played for England.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Old 21-03-2009, 12:39   #174
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yer entitled to think that, my good reason is he aint been cutting it this season. that simple.
Well I ahve seen every game home and away this season and I think his contribution is second to none.. Poeple keep calling him a striker yet he was never brought to the club as one.. he is a target man who can hold the ball up.. goals are a bonus.. I say he has done enough to be in the team every week.. Coleman says the same.. bradford think he is worth it and shrewsbury say the same...

But cashman has a different opinion to three league two clubs ... what do you base your opinions on cashman ?
Old 21-03-2009, 12:42   #175
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Not sure its entirely different. Its the only other ground I can recall where the players change in a changing room block separate from the main stand in the corner of the ground.
yer kidding... the ground and facilities at bradford and the crowds ect... how can you even compare it to stanley.. its a different world... give over
Old 21-03-2009, 12:44   #176
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
cheers cashyimho paul has done the right thing for him self and the club as a whole,i would think pm wages of around 2k a wk would ease the cash flow for the club
Your having a laff.. where do you get 2k a week from in PM wages... did you get hit on the head and the figure popped up ?
Old 21-03-2009, 12:48   #177
K-P

If the new keeper has to come on today and plays a blinder.. if the new midfielder sets up the new striker for a hatrick it would be fantastic.. If they so much as have a half decent game I will be happy... I hope they do ... But IT'S STILL A CROCK that paul mullin has lbeen loaned out.... all this about saving thousands a week on his wages and him not playing good enough.. what are you people on for gawds sake
Old 21-03-2009, 13:45   #178
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
yer kidding... the ground and facilities at bradford and the crowds ect... how can you even compare it to stanley.. its a different world... give over
Yeah I am familiar with both grounds and my wife is a Bradfordian and I weigh my words. The key word is entirely.

Whatever the magnificence of the rest of Valley Parade its not entirely different - it has one feature in common with the Crown that Mullers can relate to ie it has a quaint changing room block tucked away in a corner separate from their main stands rather than the main stand tunnel arrangement that's so common elsewhere.

Old 21-03-2009, 16:04   #179
Senior Member+

Nearly 4600 hits on this thread!

There's a link from the Bradford fans own thread which probably accounts for a lot of it.

Old 21-03-2009, 19:15   #180
Senior Member+

what they thought of him today

Bradford City Football Club • View topic - Mullin

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..