Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2009, 08:31   #196
Senior Member+

Re: Mullers Gone To Bantams

The post-Mullin period got off to a great start yesterday. Let's move on. We've lost players before and we haven't crumbled.
Old 22-03-2009, 09:12   #197
K-P

One of the busiest threads of the season..all these people wanting to talk about it but you want them to stop.. try not to take this the wrong way but...my arnt we feeling important

I say let the people posting decide if they want to stop... the thread will slowly sink to the bottom of the page and off to the land of the fairies when the people decide theres nothing left to talk about... not when you feel its time.

we lose a player of paul mullins ability for no good reason other than he wanted to go.. opinion is divided and i say the club should ahve said NO and kept hold in case we needed him. I say the club is far more important than pauls needs.

haha but thats all OK becasue we won a game... what a nice simplistic world that is
Old 22-03-2009, 10:34   #198
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
the subject is paul mullin this yr...

You say he isnt up to it this season.. you base that opinion on what you saw 50 yrs ago

i say he is up to it and i base my opinion on seeing every game he played this season.

duh!
no i do not all i did was answer yer question, what i have seen this season of paul mullen is a guy who trys his heart out, but is past it. if that dont sit well with you tough. also i have witnessed as a teenager the DEATH of stanley through Financial Mismangement,which as a kid is heartbreaking, but thats summat you would not know i reckon. so i'm a realist n reckon taking everything into account it was the best move fer the club.
Old 22-03-2009, 10:39   #199
Full Member+

K-P...try not to take this the wrong way but...you need help

Slerpy, thanks for the PM and I take your point about experience/youth balance but the team deserve credit for the way they played yesterday with everything seemingly stacked against them , they pulled off an excellent win
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 10:42   #200
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
was really tempted to post that but feared the response!
Why

Everybody was a little shaky before KO and when we went 1-0 down the usual shower of s***e who are currently on loan to the Clayton End from the cowshed were all cackling and moaning, but I thought from then on Stanley did'nt sit back and give up like they usually would and on a few occasions looked quit dangerous atacking. Paul may have been Mr Accy Stanley, but no player should be bigger than the club itself and there are plenty of other players to play

Old 22-03-2009, 10:53   #201
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
One of the busiest threads of the season..all these people wanting to talk about it but you want them to stop.. try not to take this the wrong way but...my arnt we feeling important

I say let the people posting decide if they want to stop... the thread will slowly sink to the bottom of the page and off to the land of the fairies when the people decide theres nothing left to talk about... not when you feel its time.

we lose a player of paul mullins ability for no good reason other than he wanted to go.. opinion is divided and i say the club should ahve said NO and kept hold in case we needed him. I say the club is far more important than pauls needs.

haha but thats all OK becasue we won a game... what a nice simplistic world that is
I actually meant that we should move on as a body of fans and as a club. If people want to live in the past in the hope of maybe reversing what has happened, then I'm not going to try to stop them from doing that. Feel free to stagnate if you so wish, but I'd rather move on and look at what's going to happen next.

We're not safe from relegation yet, but we're getting nearer and nearer. It'll take a herculean effort from the likes of Chester to catch us now, although I won't be relaxing until it's in the bag.

Next season will be a new start (in a lot of ways), so I'd rather concentrate on that, than on one player who's no longer with us.
Old 22-03-2009, 11:10   #202
God Member

well said tin monkey on stanley on
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 12:40   #203
God Member

Not sure if this has been posted before, apologies if it has, but I found this an interesting read, especially McCall's take on the reasons for Mullin's loan.

Bradford City | News | Breaking News | Breaking News | Paul Mullin set for Vale debut

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 13:33   #204
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Not sure if this has been posted before, apologies if it has, but I found this an interesting read, especially McCall's take on the reasons for Mullin's loan.

Bradford City | News | Breaking News | Breaking News | Paul Mullin set for Vale debut
So are we to take it from this that it was the club and not the players decision????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 14:54   #205
Full Member+

If it was, so be it. It makes financial -(and football IMHO)- sense.
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 15:51   #206
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
So are we to take it from this that it was the club and not the players decision????
Your guess is as good as the next mans, however, it does add another dimension to the debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgobbin View Post
If it was, so be it. It makes financial -(and football IMHO)- sense.
Very true, but it would be nice to be told the 'real' reason..............I know thats a big ask coz we are just 'fans'!!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 17:54   #207
God Member

Question Re: Mullers Gone To Bantams

If this is to be believed (I do not doubt the poster!) ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
I asked the powers that be on Saturday, both Rob & David O'Neill.....

I had enough balls to do that so replying to a post from someone I have never met is quite easy!

Mullin wanted to go, Coleman didn't want him to go, the club wanted what was best, the deal was a good one for a player that wanted to go

I, still think he should have stayed as Mullin said he wouldn't sulk if he wasn't allowed........

Then why did the club/player not take advantage of previous offers from clubs much better placed - Dale/Shrews??? And why was Mullers (Allegedly) talking about catching Jimmy in the goal charts only a couple of days before??

With all that is going on re-raking in the cash before end of tax year, it does sound like it was more the club trying to cut the wage bill - along with the returns of JP Kissock/Kallum - which is all good and well, because as people like Cashy have said nobody wants a repeat of '62. But if this is the case WHY can somebody from the club not come out and tell us this? Do we - the supporters mean that little to them???

Old 23-03-2009, 17:55   #208
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
If this is to be believed (I do not doubt the poster!) ......

Then why did the club/player not take advantage of previous offers from clubs much better placed - Dale/Shrews??? And why was Mullers (Allegedly) talking about catching Jimmy in the goal charts only a couple of days before??

With all that is going on re-raking in the cash before end of tax year, it does sound like it was more the club trying to cut the wage bill - along with the returns of JP Kissock/Kallum - which is all good and well, because as people like Cashy have said nobody wants a repeat of '62. But if this is the case WHY can somebody from the club not come out and tell us this? Do we - the supporters mean that little to them???
Truth is Mullin did want to go to Shreswbury, it took a big contract to keep him at the Crown

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 18:13   #209
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Truth is Mullin did want to go to Shreswbury, it took a big contract to keep him at the Crown
Fair play then Willie !!!! If that is the case then sobeit..

P.S. Sorry for misspelling your name in my "C*ck up" of a post about Lindfield Much too much ale.......

Old 23-03-2009, 18:30   #210
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Very true, but it would be nice to be told the 'real' reason..............I know thats a big ask coz we are just 'fans'!!
wouldnt it be a refreshing change if the club was to actually tell us whats going on instead of treating every single stanley fan like a 7yr old who wouldn't undertsnad ....

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..