Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2009, 20:01   #211
God Member

Re: Mullers Gone To Bantams

my twopenn'orth on the Mully issue is good luck to the guy.

Mully has given us 9 years worth of exemplorary service, having missed only 10 games in the period. He is a player who gets battered every single week yet still gets up, dusts himself down and gets on with the game. He doesn't moan, he doesn't throw his toys out of the pram and he doesn't get himself yellow or red cards. He bleeds the red and white of Stanley and was dearly looking forward to his testimonial year.

It has been said by many that if Paul had more pace he would surely have gone much higher in the game. Therefore I don't begrudge him the chance to play in front of big crowds in a big stadium with nice facilities.

The big contract that Willie Miller describes was no doubt the two year contract that he was given. It was a bigger contract than the club had wanted to give him and Shrewsbury rightly came in to offer him what we were dragging our feet to do and what Paul was worth. Shrewsbury wouldn't have been a big enough club to have tempted him from Accrington on a similar deal.

The club could and should have refused this deal on the grounds that relegation is not yet a distant threat, but yet we still have to do what we can to balance the books, and a pay as he plays deal plus the lack of his wages will probably free up around £30k - money we need (it will pay the entire wage bill for a fortnight). If relegation was still to materialise then £30k will of course be a drop in the ocean. But if one man is the difference over the nine games that remained then it is a poor state of affairs.

The more realistic problem will be Mullin's as and when he returns (which is more than likely). Will we have learnt to cope better without him? will the free flowing attacking football have returned and improved to a level where he isn't required?

It would be a tragedy to the memory of his career with us if he was to see out his final year as a bit part substitute - but it would have been of his own doing.

My problem with it all is that I want to remember his career for all the good things - and not for him wanting to taste life at a bigger club for a few weeks. Willie Miller mentions players such as Grimmy (who left three times) and I would use Paul Beck (who left twice). A decade and a bit on from those players and we only remember their 300 plus games and the Beck hat trick against Gateshead etc - the good times. Mullin will be remembered for those moments, just the same as the others, regardless of the postulating of some people. The club will of course continue to hide the truth of big stories from us and it will continue to tell the fans only what it wants them to hear. Protests will come and go, fans will come and go but ASFC will live on without them and without Paul Mullin.

Personally I think he only went to give Jimmy Ryan a chance of Player of the Year

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 23-03-2009 at 20:04.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-03-2009, 20:09   #212
K-P

Yer where doing alright rob until you started pulling figures out from the clouds

100% agree the club shouldnt have agreed to it ..its ok saying it worked out well.. the club didnt know that at the time. IF and this is a big IF theres somehting we dont know then why not tell us... none of our business i guess

As said before.. given his age and the reason he went.. why would he come back.. cant see it myself and its a crying shame it happened like this.. I hope he gets what he wants.. he did his bit and now its time for him to get summat out of it before its too late I guess... if anyones passing messages on then mine would be.. Good luck number 10 (in joke)
Old 23-03-2009, 20:13   #213
God Member

which figures have I pulled out of the clouds oh knowledgeable one?
Old 23-03-2009, 20:16   #214
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
which figures have I pulled out of the clouds oh knowledgeable one?
figure me and you know nothing about ... unless yor erics lovechild and he tells you everyhting.. hmm actually... hmm well are you ?
Old 23-03-2009, 20:22   #215
God Member

Wink Re: Mullers Gone To Bantams

Quote:
and a pay as he plays deal plus the lack of his wages will probably free up around £30k -
I assume this is stratospheric (geddit? works on two levels ) figure you think I plucked out of mid-air?

Wages of x amount paid by Bradford from now until (potentially) the play-off final (9weeks) plus a figure paid out every time he plays (potentially) 12 games. It's not rocket science to work out that it could probably free up around 30k. And we haven't discussed win bonuses or goal bonuses yet

Now apologise for your tone of typing camera dude
Old 23-03-2009, 20:25   #216
K-P

Quote:
IWages of x amount paid by Bradford from now until (potentially) the play-off final (9weeks) plus a figure paid out every time he plays (potentially) 12 games. It's not rocket science to work out that it could probably free up around 30k. And we haven't discussed win bonuses or goal bonuses yet
For you to get the answers wouldnt you ahve to know what wages he is on.. Or are you going with mabs dream about 2k a week?

Truth is you have absoloutly no idea what it frees up.. hence my comment

Quote:
Now apologise for your tone of typing camera dude
aaaw come on.. if I did that then I wouldnt be me would I
Old 23-03-2009, 20:26   #217
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

sorry kp i agree with Rob on the money side of things and no be for you say it again i haven't banged my head again and a figures just popped upim sure im right in saying that after the shrews and the dale came in for him paul was givern a pay rise each time so there for my guess of 2k awk wouldn't be far of the mark with bonuses thrown in
Old 23-03-2009, 20:30   #218
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
sorry kp i agree with Rob on the money side of things and no be for you say it again i haven't banged my head again and a figures just popped upim sure im right in saying that after the shrews and the dale came in for him paul was givern a pay rise each time so there for my guess of 2k awk wouldn't be far of the mark with bonuses thrown in
But you dont know what the starting wage was.. you dont know for sure he was given pay rises or for how much....

You both dont have whats called a base figure.. so how can you add to a figure you dont know and come up with another figure..

I dont know how much he was/is on .. but then again I aint posting on a messaegboard telling the world he gets 2k a week ...

sack the fairy mab.. she is giving you false info
Old 23-03-2009, 20:32   #219
God Member

it wouldn't be fair to discuss someones wages on a public forum but I know what he was on before we went full time. As he would have to give up his full time accountancy in order to become a full time footballer then any pay rise would take him to a good level of income. Plus a goodly rise after the Conference win, plus a probable rise after previous bids. It wouldn't surprise me if he was on a lot more. And I am sure that he had a clause in his contract a while back that stipulated he must be the clubs highest earner.

Truth is you're right I don't know but neither do you, and I am a lot closer to the figure than what you are. I do know what Bradford are paying though lol
Old 23-03-2009, 20:38   #220
K-P

Quote:
it wouldn't be fair to discuss someones wages on a public forum
So your discussing it and even giving out figures..

Quote:
but I know what he was on before we went full time.
as does the world and we all know what they where offered to go full time and why most turned it down.. it wouldnt cover most peoples wage they already got let alone the added bit for playing.. How do you get from that to 2k?

Quote:
As he would have to give up his full time accountancy in order to become a full time footballer then any pay rise would take him to a good level of income.

hang about... the story at the time was that paul could afford to take a drop in wages and did it in order to take his probably one chance of full time football and hopefully football league.. hes not short of a few quid ... well he wouldnt be on 2k a week would he hahaha

Quote:
And I am sure that he had a clause in his contract a while back that stipulated he must be the clubs highest earner.
hahaha where did you get that from... i aiont saying its not true.. i suppose anythings possible.. but i find it a bit ...oooer out there.. your sure are you? but not 100%

Quote:
Truth is you're right I don't know but neither do you, and I am a lot closer to the figure than what you are. I do know what Bradford are paying though lol

eeerm i havent given any figures.. all i ahve done is question you and mab as to where your getting yours from.. seems to be a mixture of fairies and clouds from what i can gather..

its all guesswork... you havent really got anything other than guesses.. the nearest you ahve to fact is...i am pretty sure ...
Old 23-03-2009, 20:46   #221
God Member

the point is Tony is that you pull apart a perfectly good post on by spouting sh'te and banging on about clouds and fairies when you aint got a clue what people know or don't know. The figure I put out was an approximation, it didn't say this or that, you are the one who keeps bringing it back up (as you usually do) and cornering people into responding by inferring they are talking crap (as you usually do). Throughout the threads you seem to be able to pick on a post and your replies come across as attacks. EVERYONE comments on it. Yet you are one of the first to go on other forums calling Accy Web for its negativety. You are one of thee most negative around (not you personally but you turn the threads negative)

(macca ducks under tin hat and fully expects a post back saying something along the lines of oo err no need to get all defensive)
Old 23-03-2009, 20:53   #222
K-P

Quote:
the point is Tony is that you pull apart a perfectly good post on by spouting sh'te and banging on about clouds and fairies when you aint got a clue what people know or don't know. The figure I put out was an approximation, it didn't say this or that, you are the one who keeps bringing it back up (as you usually do) and cornering people into responding by inferring they are talking crap (as you usually do). Throughout the threads you seem to be able to pick on a post and your replies come across as attacks. EVERYONE comments on it. Yet you are one of the first to go on other forums calling Accy Web for its negativety. You are one of thee most negative around (not you personally but you turn the threads negative)

(macca ducks under tin hat and fully expects a post back saying something along the lines of oo err no need to get all defensive)

well there isnt is there

my god.. i cant believe your taking all this seriously.. if i thought it bothered you i wouldnt even reply mate.. .. i do believe the figures are ficticious or whatever its called... but crckey mate.. its only a messgeboard.. in real life we wouldnt even be having this conversation would we... its not even important is it? theres nothing we can do bar chew it over..

i smile when i am posting... i aint upset angry or trying to be nasty... but i do like to get stuck in... stir it up a bit.. get things going..but you already know that ..and to this day i find it incredible how serious some folk take it... i didnt think you where one of em ...
Old 23-03-2009, 21:08   #223
God Member

this will make great reading in the book the whalley years...will the truth ever come out..
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 21:10   #224
God Member

there was no need for your initial response IMHO.

People respond to you because they feel they have to if you are questioning what they have said, or if you are ridiculing them, which you do

Re-read page 12 - you put four posts in a row having a go at four different people. Why?

You dig your own holes.

Is it inconceivable that our consistently best player for the last 9 years was costing the club up to 2k a week? gross wages, employers NI contributions, bonuses.

on page 12 you state that Paul doesn't need the money - on basis do you reach that conclusion? do you how much his mortgage is? car insurance, gambling bills?
Old 23-03-2009, 21:12   #225
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
wouldnt it be a refreshing change if the club was to actually tell us whats going on instead of treating every single stanley fan like a 7yr old who wouldn't undertsnad ....
thats one area we can agree on, i said that, mcr admin i think it was also did, so thats a cross section of owd n young, that think that way.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..