Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2009, 01:12   #271
Full Member+

Re: Mullers Gone To Bantams

I agree with TM. I think Mullin's return would be a serious backward step. Let's face it, it was only after he went that we started to put a few results together.Thanks, Paul, for everything, but it's time for the club to move on.
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-04-2009, 08:03   #272
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgobbin View Post
I agree with TM. I think Mullin's return would be a serious backward step. Let's face it, it was only after he went that we started to put a few results together.Thanks, Paul, for everything, but it's time for the club to move on.
You are pretty shrewd for an old git, Stan - and the Bradford fans know a thing or two also, as per this typical comment on their forum:-

"Yes, no more big useless target men like Conlon and Mullin thank you very much, if you are staying Stuart

I got slaughtered on here by Northern and Northern Monkey after I criticised Mullin after his first game for us and for dare suggesting that the decision to bring him in would prove fatal to our play-off chances..I dont know what the thinking was for bringing him in as a like-for-like replacement for Conlon, but its plain to see the difference in style of play when we have started games without those two is staggering and we look a very good team at this level when we keep it on the 'deck'

I really hope Stuart stays and learns from this and re-builds a hungry, younger team worthy of our support next season"

Last edited by Redraine; 26-04-2009 at 08:04. Reason: quotes in wrong place
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 08:45   #273
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgobbin View Post
Don't no where you get your stats from!! when we started stringing that run together ie(6 game unbeaten) paul played in 3 of the games ,macc away (w) county (D) vale (W) then went to bradford next 3 games ie exeter(W) darlo (W) roth utd (D) and sinces that run 3 loses and 2 wins.So in my book paul was apart of our winning run,not as you say after he left
Old 26-04-2009, 09:05   #274
Full Member+

I think we'd be better off without mullers next season - we could do with his wages to sign up/keep other players. But we have him on contract so as long as he now has to fight for his place in the team rather than be the first name on the sheet it could allow us to develop new tactics, whilst still having the option of the mullin game. In other words we should be more flexible and less predictable - and might be able to change formation effectively during a game when required. Think paul may be regretting?
dabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 12:49   #275
God Member

Smile Re: Mullers Gone To Bantams

Spoke to Coley last night at the O.S.C. do and he said that Mullers was coming back. I know that nothing is definite and I would not really expect Coley to say, (In a bar at an E.O.S. do) no he is not coming back, but he seemed pretty forthright in his reply. I for one would like him back, like his attitude and he is still able to do us a job (With the right players)

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 13:47   #276
God Member

mullers is too slow at this level. now he has been a brilliant servant but as the song says the times they are a changing........thank you paul for your service but maybe a supersub...sorry but when you look from afar things become clear..
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 16:13   #277
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
mullers is too slow at this level.
He's quicker than most of our players actually.

Why must Paul Mullin be absconded for us to play a different style of football?! Mentals. It's John Coleman who manufactures the tactics we employ, it's upto him whether the long ball is played or not. I've still got full faith that Paul Mullin can do a great job for us in the coming season.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 16:21   #278

Paul Mullin is a wonderful player at this level, next season he will put in his normal high level of goals.
slerpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 16:27   #279
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slerpy View Post
Paul Mullin is a wonderful player at this level, next season he will put in his normal high level of goals.
well if 4 league goals is a high level ya could be right.
Old 26-04-2009, 16:31   #280
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well if 4 league goals is a high level ya could be right.
This season he's got 7 league goals, 8 in total.
Scored with very little service & being marked brutally in most games.

He's missed a few sitters, but so do the best. He can clearly still do a great job for us.

Last edited by shakermaker; 26-04-2009 at 16:34.
Old 26-04-2009, 16:39   #281
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
This season he's got 7 league goals, 8 in total.
Scored with very little service & being marked brutally in most games.

He's missed a few sitters, but so do the best. He can clearly still do a great job for us.
don't say that on profiles on fishy site shaker, says 4 league 1 league cup, on that premise is not high. far as i'm concerned been a great servant, but time to move on.
Old 26-04-2009, 16:45   #282
God Member

Quote:
don't say that on profiles on fishy site shaker, says 4 league 1 league cup, on that premise is not high. far as i'm concerned been a great servant, but time to move on.
Therein lies the rub, man of cash
Old 26-04-2009, 17:25   #283
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Therein lies the rub, man of cash
not really, my line of thought is simple, stanley IMHO have played a much better standard of football this season, rather than the old "Lump it up to Mullen" which i saw last term,i much prefer it n can see advancement if they carry on that way.
Old 26-04-2009, 17:29   #284

Quote:
not really, my line of thought is simple, stanley IMHO have played a much better standard of football this season, rather than the old "Lump it up to Mullen" which i saw last term,i much prefer it n can see advancement if they carry on that way.
He meant you got your facts wrong as you got them from the official website which is run terribly- hardly anything on there is kept up to date.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 17:31   #285
Senior Member+

Quote:
He's quicker than most of our players actually.
You lost me at that point. I can no longer take anything you say seriously anymore.

As I said earlier, I have nothing against Mullin and I certainly hold no grudge against him for leaving Stanley. However, I do think that it's a shame that he still has a year left with us.

I know he'll be back and give 100% again, but I'd have liked to have seen what we'd have done without him.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..