Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2009, 12:34   #46
God Member

Re: Mullers Gone To Bantams

Hmmm not sure what to make of this!!!!

sad...yes.... shocked ..... no

but think there is more to this than we may know

Lets hope Michael Symes gets them knocked into the back of the net

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-03-2009, 12:44   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I keep thinking i'm still asleep and having a recurring nightmare - one that's going to continue on the pitch tomorrow. I need chocolate!
Take a look on their fans message board (but close your eyes on the main page as Paul does not look right in that horrible bloody shirt) - most of 'em don't even want Paul, hope he plays crap for them and he comes back next week
Thats harsh no matter how much you dislike his decsion to go to bradford for whatever reason play at wemberly etc. you should wish him all the best and hope he enjoys his time at the club but he will always know he will never be forgot at stanley and will always be a hero at stanley and i look foward to see him in a red shirt in august

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 12:45   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Cannot open it TM ? What do you do???? Tried clicking it but nowt appens...
I cocked up the link a bit. It was the picture of Mullin in a Bradford shirt, from the Bradford site.
Old 20-03-2009, 12:47   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I cocked up the link a bit. It was the picture of Mullin in a Bradford shirt, from the Bradford site.
Cheers TM !

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 12:51   #50
Senior Member+

As Bradford's top scorer, Peter Thorne, is out with a neck injury, Paul could well be playing against Port Vale for the second time in 5 days. Wins for us and Bradford would then see us above Vale in the league.

In fact, if all the results go our way on Saturday, we could go as high as 16th.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 12:55   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
As Bradford's top scorer, Peter Thorne, is out with a neck injury, Paul could well be playing against Port Vale for the second time in 5 days. Wins for us and Bradford would then see us above Vale in the league.

In fact, if all the results go our way on Saturday, we could go as high as 16th.
Do not want any wins for Bradford!!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 12:57   #52
God Member

here's a link to the bradford story

Bradford City | News | Breaking News | Breaking News | City swoop to sign Paul Mullin

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 12:57   #53
Senior Member+

Found one positive thing see fishy site! Not that it will helps us on the pitch! To be honest tomorrow we will see how much we miss Paul Mullin, but also we will see how we play without him. I think it will make the game more interesting as alot of clubs think w just hoof the ball up the mullin and we play from thier. If we lose tomorrow some people will blame the club for letting Mullin go, but Exeter are doing well in 6th so it will be a hard game. Am looking foward to tomorrows game even more now.

Old 20-03-2009, 13:04   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
Found one positive thing see fishy site! Not that it will helps us on the pitch! To be honest tomorrow we will see how much we miss Paul Mullin, but also we will see how we play without him. I think it will make the game more interesting as alot of clubs think w just hoof the ball up the mullin and we play from thier. If we lose tomorrow some people will blame the club for letting Mullin go, but Exeter are doing well in 6th so it will be a hard game. Am looking foward to tomorrows game even more now.
i am also looking forward to tomoz, i think we will see n improved attack, tomorrow will be the test.
Old 20-03-2009, 13:06   #55
K-P

Paul Mullin is 35 years old isn't he? We have probably seen the last of him this season..

Given his age.. will he be back next season? have you seen the setup at bradford.. having tasted the relative big time will he want to go back to porta cabins... he doesnt need the money.. he has nothing to prove and has probably gone to bradford for a taste of somehting else..

I would honestly be more than surprised if he starts for us next season..
Old 20-03-2009, 13:14   #56
Full Member+

That's assuming he does well for Bradford, KP. If he doesn't they'll ship him back, pronto. They may even do that anyway if they achieve thier aim of promotion
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 13:16   #57
Senior Member+

Looking at it from a Bradford perspective, this does seem like a desperation move by McCall. The wheels have come off their promotion charge and he seems to be grasping at straws.
Old 20-03-2009, 13:20   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
Thats harsh no matter how much you dislike his decsion to go to bradford for whatever reason play at wemberly etc. you should wish him all the best and hope he enjoys his time at the club but he will always know he will never be forgot at stanley and will always be a hero at stanley and i look foward to see him in a red shirt in august
Just read their fans comments about him and you may not think it's so harsh - of course for Paul's sake I'd want him to be (almost) happy there - but they don't deserve his services, most are writing him off before he's kicked a ball for them.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 13:21   #59
Full Member+

I agree TM. McCall has made it clear he'll leave if they don't make the play offs

Last edited by Reamer; 20-03-2009 at 13:24.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 13:40   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Just read their fans comments about him and you may not think it's so harsh - of course for Paul's sake I'd want him to be (almost) happy there - but they don't deserve his services, most are writing him off before he's kicked a ball for them.
I have read it and yes you are right, they are saying he is a non-league go around and only turning pro at 2004 etc some bad comments which will hurt alot of stanley fans as it did to me because we know how good he is! But how many of our fans wrote of Lindfield when we signed him saying things like he has been to many clubs and only scored a handfull of goals etc. Ever game i have been to home and away he has play very well. The game on Tuesday was the best i have seen him play, yeh he aint scored lots of goals but he works very hard and will have an even more inportant job tomorrow. Mullin is 35 does not have long left in the career and proberly wants to play infront of more than 2,000 fans every week. Better ground and proberly training facilities. Tomorrow will be a very good game. I have great faith in Coley and Jimmy and the squad to continue where we left off on tuesday

Roll on 3pm Saturday nothing better than watching Stanley in the Sun shine, having a good old sing song, and the team playing brilliant like tuesday.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..