Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2009, 15:48   #76
Senior Member+

Re: Mullers Gone To Bantams

Yeh i was as gutted as most when i heard the news Mullin had gone on loan because just as the team was getting a good run together it gets broken down. But their is nothing we can do about it! Yes he plays good football and like i said Mullin will not be forgotten nor am i saying "move on get over it" but what if he decided to retire after his contract was up next season. We would still be in the same position as we are today, Losing a very good player but we have to find another play who will fill his place might not play the same e.g hold up the ball etc but we will see a different kind of football like we have done lately at the FES using the wings more and not just hoofing the ball up the Mullin.

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-03-2009, 15:49   #77
God Member

it feels like there has been a death in the family.
Old 20-03-2009, 15:58   #78
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM
but we will see a different kind of football like we have done lately at the FES using the wings more and not just hoofing the ball up the Mullin.
Err... that's down to Coley's tactics and the competence of our midfield servicemen. Not the presence of Paul Mullin.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 16:00   #79
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
hoofing the ball up the Mullin.
No wonder he's left...that sounds painful!
Old 20-03-2009, 16:04   #80
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Cannot agree with that, sorry...
Why not ? Jeff is stating facts.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 16:09   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Utter rubbish.

Also, your "oh well, Paul's gone, get over it and move on" attitude just won't cut it. Paul signed for Stanley a season or two after I started coming on the Crown regularly and his exemplary footballing ethic has been one of the main reasons why I've continued to watch the reds. If anyone embodies Accrington Stanley, Paul Mullin is far ahead of any other contender. It is impossible to feel positive about the Exeter game when there's such a huge feeling of loss. It sounds stupid and melodramatic but it's true. Come back Paul!
no-ones saying owt about paul mullens services to stanley, but yer losing the plot here shaker.
Old 20-03-2009, 16:13   #82
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
I have read it and yes you are right, they are saying he is a non-league go around and only turning pro at 2004 etc some bad comments which will hurt alot of stanley fans as it did to me because we know how good he is! But how many of our fans wrote of Lindfield when we signed him saying things like he has been to many clubs and only scored a handfull of goals etc. Ever game i have been to home and away he has play very well. The game on Tuesday was the best i have seen him play, yeh he aint scored lots of goals but he works very hard and will have an even more inportant job tomorrow. Mullin is 35 does not have long left in the career and proberly wants to play infront of more than 2,000 fans every week. Better ground and proberly training facilities. Tomorrow will be a very good game. I have great faith in Coley and Jimmy and the squad to continue where we left off on tuesday

Roll on 3pm Saturday nothing better than watching Stanley in the Sun shine, having a good old sing song, and the team playing brilliant like tuesday.
What a great lad you are, MCR. Could do with a few more like you on this messageboard.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 16:21   #83
Senior Member+

If anyone wants to know what other fans think
Mullin signs on loan for city - Football Forums

What bradford fans think. Most of them or saying why sign him but other people rate him
Bradford City Football Club • View topic - Paul Mullin Signs For City
Someones even got him as thier picture

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 16:34   #84
God Member

Positivity my eye. This sucks.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 16:34   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Bournemouth fan:

"Symes is the poorest player ever to pull on an AFC Bournemouth shirt, terrible and not even Conference North/South standard.

He had him on loan for 1 month and quickly sent him back when it turned out that he was horrific"
and he is the worst striker at shrewsbury this season he's to lasy he won't be able to be as good as mullin 4 you he will be back with us in a month because he's to crap for league 2 he wont start many or score many if any for you i can't understand why you let mullin out on loan
shrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 16:45   #86
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
If we have brought players in ( Three up to now ) they must cost us????
A striker who according to his own fans is not good enough, a young lad in his first year as a proffesional from a club who have probably charged nowt and a non league reserve goalie looking for a break. My guess is that the total amount is about 5p
Old 20-03-2009, 16:46   #87
K-P

I reckon this was all Baldricks idea.. he has lots of cunning plans like this
Old 20-03-2009, 16:47   #88
Senior Member+

This is a crock!

Mullin's been a fantastic player, head & shoulders above anyone since we started our run to the league. For me, the club have messed up, for me Mullers has blotted his copy book!

League 1 or above I could understand but for a day out at Wembley........ Bull sh it! He will only be a bit part player even if he does make it.

Sad Sad Sad Sad; you think the worls of some of your "heroes" then they stab you in theback

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 16:49   #89
K-P

ooer thats gonna cause a stir that one jase
Old 20-03-2009, 16:49   #90
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
I reckon this was all Baldricks idea.. he has lots of cunning plans like this
I didn't even think Rick was bald, and as the ground announcer can't see him having that much influence

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..