Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree179Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2016, 08:47   #16
God Member

Re: multi-media digital display

just can,t really the see the point of it as there could be better ways of spending the money but will support it if the majority want it.
MikeA and baldy like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-10-2016, 09:04   #17
Senior Member+

I read on this thread that folks, although supporting the idea of a screen, think money could be spent better elsewhere. The only thing is, they don't say where. I know someone mentioned the changing rooms and that was explained by the fact that they were part of the bigger picture in the redevelopment of the Wham. Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't go in the new Whinney Hill stand (when it is built). On a personal note, I think the big screen idea is a good one but could well be a 2 year project. But, for my two penneth, if you want the money to go elsewhere, join the supporters club and air your views.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:51   #18
God Member

if someone can come up with a better idea on how to spend 40 grand on the club to improve attendances at the club i,d like to hear them. i personally don,t use the fanzone but can see the point of it for some. as for the screen probebly a good idea if the wham was the finished product but for me its like spending money decorating your house when you,ve a hole in the roof.
AccyMad and baldy like this.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:40   #19
Senior Member+

Just off the top of my head, The Sports Bar needs work doing on it, Mould on the wall where we have the projector screen on the wall, Not just on match days but would you have a birthday party there in that state?...Maybe someone on here knows the plans Andy has to redevelop the main stand, maybe this is in his plans already?
Old 08-10-2016, 16:08   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Just off the top of my head, The Sports Bar needs work doing on it, Mould on the wall where we have the projector screen on the wall, Not just on match days but would you have a birthday party there in that state?...Maybe someone on here knows the plans Andy has to redevelop the main stand, maybe this is in his plans already?
I won't swear to this, but I'm sure I saw somewhere that William Dyer (sponsor of one of the stands) has started doing up the sports bar. No doubt someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 17:21   #21
Full Member+

I would have thought that the priority at the moment would be to update the club website and app to allow fans, Home and away buy their tickets online and maybe allow them to be printed off at home if required. I would market the club to the widest audience possible using every means affordable. The screen is a good idea for later on. We need to increase attendances first to establish a bigger and more solid base. The club seems to be losing its community feeling and is simply money oriented. I think it is time to rethink some strategies.
AccyMad likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 18:27   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
The club seems to be losing its community feeling and is simply money oriented. I think it is time to rethink some strategies.
Absolutely spot on.

The issue of improving attendances has been discussed ad nauseam in this forum. The common view always seems to have been that it is a hopeless task because of the proximity of Blackburn and Burnley. Andy Holt seems able to do most things. So until he can move Blackburn about 20 miles to the west and Burnley about 20 miles to the east, there would appear to be little likelihood of improving attendances.

There is a real danger now, though, that the loss of community feeling could have a detrimental effect.
monkey hanger likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 08:08   #23
God Member

only thing that worries me is andy holt is putting all this energy and money into stanley but is getting no return by getting extra fans to come to games. hope he will not get fed up by all this and walks away due to lack of support.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 09-10-2016, 08:32   #24
Senior Member+

I would have to agree in the grand scheme of things we have 500 things that needed to be done at the Ground.

Surely this is job number 498?!
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 17:07   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
I won't swear to this, but I'm sure I saw somewhere that William Dyer (sponsor of one of the stands) has started doing up the sports bar. No doubt someone will correct me if I am wrong.
You are correct.... ish

WM Dyer help out Reds ? Accrington Stanley FC
Outback Ozzy likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 17:41   #26
Full Member+

i think that work was done before the burnley game
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 18:39   #27
I am Banned

ew JB Stand improvements to incorporate changing rooms, function rooms, bars, catering, turnstiles, TOILET facilities etc.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 21:43   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post

There is a real danger now, though, that the loss of community feeling could have a detrimental effect.
Utter rubbish

The club is trying to live within its means

Any extra revenue is being invested in the playing budget

You have absolutely no evidence to support your horrible accusation that there is a loss of community feeling

The club has never been this good
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 23:06   #29
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Utter rubbish

You have absolutely no evidence to support your horrible accusation that there is a loss of community feeling

The club has never been this good
Mr Holt stated any moneys gained from our cup run would be put in to ground improvments http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A7x9U...ykxRJiTHU7UcQ- ACCRINGTON Stanley’s EFL Cup run - which continues with a third round tie against West Ham tomorrow - will allow owner Andy Holt to reinvest the profits in further work at the Wham Stadium.
A number of improvements were carried out at the ground over the summer and Holt plans to use the money made from their cup heroics this season to continue with the work as he looks to make matchday a more enjoyable experience for Reds fans
DAV007 likes this.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:59   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:

I think you mean to say that the club is living within Andy Holt's means

Quote:
Not according to Andy Holt himself. Read mab's quote. I would have thought that as the soi-disant fans' liaison officer, you would have known this.

Quote:
Well Chrisr thinks that there is so there are at least two of us. My evidence is circumstantial. I could refer to the decline in forum posts by some of those who posted regularly until about a year ago. I could refer to conversations I have had (both in person and on line) with some supporters. But a specific question for you. From your exalted (but entirely mythical) position as fans' liaison officer, can you tell us if there have been any changes in the board of directors?

Furthermore, as you rarely comment on the actual games, I continue to speculate on how many you actually attend.
Chrisr likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..