Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree179Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2016, 11:25   #61
I am Banned

Re: multi-media digital display

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
not everybody has the capability to update a website though Nigel. People are mixing up Andy Holt with ASFC. Andy posts a lot of stuff about himself, Wham AND the club. It's random, it's brief and it's frequent. I can't think of anything particular that has been posted on twitter that doesn't go onto the website.

One answer may be to have a twitter feed posting live onto the front page of the website, but that surely couldn't happen as then we come back to Cashman and his "anybody can post any old crap". An away fan could tag the club and then troll the website with profanities.

So then it would be just the club posting tweets on its own website, that it then updates with the same news a few inches to the left of it
The Twitter feed is shown on the main website at the bottom
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-11-2016, 17:27   #62

Big screen update latest?

https://twitter.com/tifosy/status/801755451717193728
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 17:39   #63
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Really don't see this as an update
Old 24-11-2016, 18:48   #64
God Member

Oldham Athletic used the same format for something and it raised £13k
Old 25-11-2016, 12:55   #65

Sorry - think I've misunderstood. Is it not to do with the big screen?
Old 25-11-2016, 13:14   #66

I think we need a left sided player before a multi-media display.

Is this what we are crowd funding?
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2016, 15:53   #67
God Member

Quote:
Sorry - think I've misunderstood. Is it not to do with the big screen?
Yes.

From what I understand of it Tifosy is a fan organisation that runs a website designed purely for fundraising. Their target market is not the localised one that the OASSC can reach by themselves, but rather a national or international market that otherwise may not know what is going on.

From what I can gather there is little or nothing lost in this venture so any money is raised is money we wouldnt otherwise have had.

I've got to add a footnote here, I've been well impressed with the way the supporters club has gobe about it's business in recent years. They set a target of something substantial and then set about achieving that figure. The 25k for the changing rooms, that became the Fanzone, and now this.

I agree with those who say we dont need a screen of that magnitude, but regardless ... build the new ground around it
Old 25-11-2016, 17:37   #68
I am Banned

Eastleigh have a big media screen cost them 20k
Old 26-11-2016, 08:31   #69
Senior Member+

https://twitter.com/asfcofficial/sta...36735254822912
Old 27-11-2016, 13:12   #70

Great new video. Apologies if it's already been posted

https://www.tifosy.com/en/campaigns/...anley#campaign
Old 27-11-2016, 16:22   #71
Full Member+

I use social media quite a lot. Twitter, instagram, facebook, The site is a place for the proper statements on club issues. social media is very easily misinterpreted and it is a terrible job trying to correct rumours at times. The club site should have the capability to sell tickets properly to home and away fans with the ability to change seats if you wish to bring a friend along. That is a debate that is ongoing. A proper company could put a system in that is connected to the Stanley site which would make life a lot easier for people to buy a ticket to the match. I was proud to see the British legion in attendance for the remembrance of the Somme and the great wars. Davo might be able to help here. What do we as a club do for veterans or injured service personnel from the clubs perspective. I think you will find the answer is FA. I have felt that the focus of the club is simply money. I know the club needs money but it also needs bums on seats. I remember when unemployed and disabled got concessions to come to the match. not full price but better than nothing as the spaces were there anyway. So there is the community loss for me. If we had a full ground every home game I could understand the reluctance of the club to offer any sort of reductions for different categories. It seems the same lame excuse put out by the FA is that each club can make it's own rules on these issues which is good. It becomes bad when the FA statements are used as an excuse to remove these concessions. it would have cost the club nothing in real terms but it has shown us as a club that simply want to play in the big leagues at any price.
The big screen does pose a problem, As I understand it the proposal is to site the screen on top of the cabin in the corner. I also was under the impression this cabin has only got a temporary planning permission. That could be a problem. Maybe the good old FA would consider a donation to the screen if it was to be used as Goal line technology perhaps. Has anybody asked? I noticed there seems to be plenty of spaces reappearing in the ground again. This is the biggest problem the club has. Disenfranchising different groups of people has not helped. People may argue that has not made any difference. I think it has. So when Davo gets on his defensive rant he should seriously consider posting some positive ideas for discussion. I know many supporters that used to go to the OASSC who have simply given up as they felt it was not performing the function expected and had become clicky. I gave up going for other reasons. Many people go to the matches at home and are not enthused to spend that bit more. The fanzone has been a good idea put into action. What is the average gate this season compared to last? If it is the same or less then we are going backwards. the club has to take steps to be seen to more inclusive. I find the Fans at Stanley amongst the most friendly anywhere yet people come once or twice and don't come back. Why? maybe we should hand out customer satisfaction slips and ask them why. Is it the price, the experience, the team performance, or other reasons. This is the basic information we need from the customer. Once armed with that information we could formulate a plan. We are an internationally recognised brand and yet we are struggling in the bottom league. Perhaps ask via the local press as well other media sources. Accrington Stanley needs to be seen as club that cares for all the community.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2016, 20:43   #72

Maybe worth looking at the Dingles average attendance over time. It ranges from 3,200 in 1996 to 30,000.
I don't know what loyalty schemes they had in place, but there was one factor which might explain it. 30,000 when they won the league 3,200 when bottom of the 4th division.

All the club can do it make improvements all round (like it is doing) and gradually move up the league (like it has done). A big screen, the fanzone, new seats, an owner spending some cash....as long as it continues I wouldn't panic.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 27-11-2016, 21:03   #73

Quote:
Maybe worth looking at the Dingles average attendance over time. It ranges from 3,200 in 1996 to 30,000.
I don't know what loyalty schemes they had in place, but there was one factor which might explain it. 30,000 when they won the league 3,200 when bottom of the 4th division.

All the club can do it make improvements all round (like it is doing) and gradually move up the league (like it has done). A big screen, the fanzone, new seats, an owner spending some cash....as long as it continues I wouldn't panic.
While your stats are correct other than it was mid 80s, they are very selective. They have averaged over 10000 every season since 1997 and all but once since 1992.

There were 2 seasons in the 3000s an 1 in the 4000s since 1907 or there abouts so not a great comparison. Plus they took 35000 to Wembley in 1988 for the Sherpa Van final

England historical attendance and performance
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:14   #74
God Member

burnley have always had a larger fan base than stanley and always will have. when people go on about them being a small town club they don,t realise the number of fans they get from outside the town. colne, nelson, the calder valley, skipton and even keighley have numerous fans from these areas. it will take years to increase our fan base without any success on the pitch as 40 odd years without a league club has forced generations of fans to look elsewhere for their football. fanzones and big screens will help the so called matchday experiance but will never double our gates as that is what we need.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 06:56   #75
Senior Member+

They have some digital displays on offer in B&M for £9.99
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..