Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2007, 17:47   #136

Re: Myfootballclub

Quote:
Originally Posted by okuz View Post
i for 1 hope we take your tiny club off your hands and build it..because quite frankly you have not got a clue, any of you. So when we buy your little club and start playing fantasy football with it i want you lot to stay the hell away. i am going to put your goal keeper on the wing and the manager in the net...oh what fun we will have at your expense, going to be well worth 35 quid
I seriously doubt that this person is a member of MFC - the sentiments expressed here do not represent that views of the membership of MFC as expressed on the MFC forums. It is clearly an attempt by someone hostile to MFC to stir things in a very negative fashion. I suggest you take them with a very large spoon of salt.
doheochai is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-09-2007, 17:56   #137
God Member

....as we do the whole concept
Old 26-09-2007, 17:57   #138
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
These jokers associated with MFC simply don't get the message do they??
Let me spell it out plain and simply:

THE MAJORITY OF FANS AT THIS CLUB DO NOT WANT MFC !!! GET THE MESSAGE ???

So go and irritate somebody else !!
you just don't understand....its not what u want its what we want and we are going to take your little club and play with it until we get bored then we will leave you in the s**t lmfao
okuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 17:59   #139
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by doheochai View Post
I seriously doubt that this person is a member of MFC - the sentiments expressed here do not represent that views of the membership of MFC as expressed on the MFC forums. It is clearly an attempt by someone hostile to MFC to stir things in a very negative fashion. I suggest you take them with a very large spoon of salt.
oh yes i am look me up
Old 26-09-2007, 18:09   #140
Senior Member+

Quote:
Actually he sounds much more fun than you, doesn't have that actuarial, "joy of an undertaker" feel, that your posts have.

Squabbling amongst yourselves already, and you've done nowt yet.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 18:12   #141
Senior Member+

I found you mate & copy & pasted your profile

Name: Oliver Kuntz
Hobbies Sitting in soiled undercrackers spouting drivel to strangers cecause all my friends hate my personality & bad manners. Never been kissed because of my coma inducing body odour.
Ambition To be one of 50,000 other internet "Roman Abramovich"s' who think they'll be special for £35 per year

Adios Loser

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 18:14   #142
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
I found you mate & copy & pasted your profile

Name: Oliver Kuntz
Hobbies Sitting in soiled undercrackers spouting drivel to strangers cecause all my friends hate my personality & bad manners. Never been kissed because of my coma inducing body odour.
Ambition To be one of 50,000 other internet "Roman Abramovich"s' who think they'll be special for £35 per year

Adios Loser
i resent that......i am 41
Old 26-09-2007, 18:26   #143

Now to address the real comments -

Quote:
Accrington Stanley is a real club. It has a tradition & a history that sets it apart from others. Real life directors who have invested twenty times the amount of effort & time that your franchise could come up with. Thats not withstanding the personal money sunk into it & the time taken away from leisure & family pursuits to drive our great club forward. This is something that everybody who has ever done anything for this unique football club can understand. They Can remember with fondness & feel that they in some way helped make it happen. They remember the hard times (Barrow away) & more importantly the good (Radcliffe away). They can share stories around the place with like minded Stanley fans who have also experienced; laughed or cried with them. Despite having one of the lowest gates in the League there is such a great feel about ASFC. It sounds daft but it grabs you & it keeps you hooked (well most of us) It is something that is sometimes missed on a forum because debating gripes & side issues can take over. However, I know that owner, manager, staff & fans are united in their love for all things red & white. You can see this in the passion on the terrace. You can see it in the friendliness in the stands. ASFC will live forever.
I agree whole-heartedly with everything you say here and so would every member of MFC.

Quote:
Now back to your concept. Although cash is king in football, the majority of sensible honest fans at Accy Stanley would be horrified to suddenly have all this "fake" interest in our club. Especially when most of the Uk only remember ASFC for the "Milk Marketing Boards" advert choice in 1985.
I, for one, knew about Accrington Stanley long before the said adverts. The members of MFC are all football fans - they are interested in what is best for football and the fans who pay every week at the gates. Over the past twenty or so years football has changed dramatically. Football fans have had to sit by and watch their clubs (in most cases) being driven into debt by owners who couldn't care less about the club they own and what happens to it or the supporters. MFC is about putting football fans in control. It's about creating a situation where the fans make the decisions. It's about involving all football fans in demonstrating that supporters know just as much, if not more about running a football club than any chairman/owner. It's about involving the whole community in developing a football club. And it's about changing how people look at football, the need to no longer accept that you have to have a Roman Abramovich or Malcolm Glazier or whoever to be successful, the fact that football fans without any money can compete with the billionaires, that football is about the people who pass through the turnstiles and stand on the terraces.

The interest that some MFC members have in Accrington Stanley is not 'fake' interest. It's a genuine interest in helping any football club that we can and that need our help. MFC members are football fans. They support many different clubs but they all have a passion for the sport and they all want to see the way the sport is run changed so that football supporters have a say in their game.

Quote:
I mean what effect do you really think it would have on the whole make up of the enterprise that is OUR club. A 2 million investment we ain't worked for. New players on contracts we never could afford. A new ground handed to us. They all sound great but then - and this brings me to the real heart of the matter. Something I care more about than promotion, or a roof, or Evils new shoes...........
The money is a very minor part of what MFC is about. MFC rules prohibit any club we purchase from entering into player (or other) contracts that are unsustainable without MFC involvement. In other words unless the money is set aside for the contracts they cannot happen. MFC has to run the club on a break-even basis. The money could contribute to transfer fees - re-developing the ground - improving training facilities - developing a youth academy - bring the club into the community - and making sure that supporters aren't fleeced by constant rises in ticket prices, merchandise etc.

Quote:
WHERE OH WHERE HAS OUR SOUL GONE...............?
I would put it this way - is your soul not big enough to take on board people who will do nothing else except operate in the best interests of the club - who will involve as many existing and new fans as possible - who will work with the local community to maximise community involvement.

Quote:
Well I'm afraid £35 of it went to Dulwich
£35 to Harrogate
£35 to Milton Keynes
£35 to Cleveleys
£35 to Orkney
£35 to Isle of Wight..................
in reality the £35 is coming FROM these places (and many others all over the world) not going to these places

Quote:
ACCRINGTON STANLEY (A club whose real value is measured in the memories of the folk who fought to get it where it is today)
Do Stanley fans only live in the past? Memories are important - but they are not limited. Whatever club MFC purchases - the members of MFC and the existing fans will create new memories - and hopefully memories (good and bad) that will be cherished for a long time.

Quote:
STAY AWAY LADS (as I know I will if I end up stood next to Mr Harrogate or Mr Orkney!)
As I said before I do not think that MFC will become the new owners of Stanley. The ownership, board, staff and fans at Stanley have done a magnificant job over the past period. I personally wouldn't want to disrupt this situation. I sincerely hope that Stanley continues to develop, as I do with every club that is struggling in the current situation. I want MFC to purchase a club that is in serious need of the help we can provide (both financial and organisational) that has fans in desperate need of a new situation and that has an owner who doesn't give tuppence about the club. I don't know if Stanley is one of the eight clubs that MFC are negotiating with (as I said before I think it is unlikely) but if we are - then it is because Mr Whalley feels we have something very positive to offer the club.

The memebrs of MFC are very confident that we can make a positive contribution to a club and to football in general - here's hoping time will prove us correct.
Old 26-09-2007, 18:40   #144
Senior Member+

Thanks for the response but the magic would be lost .... Gone forever hidden beneath a football gimmick that would have the media drooling & the club somehow "gone". Its soul would be gone just because the mission statement says buy a club, any club

The history of football is littered with magical stories & anecdotes but I'm afraid there ain't nothing magical about "well we all get together & put our £35 ........"

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 19:16   #145

Quote:
The history of football is littered with magical stories & anecdotes but I'm afraid there ain't nothing magical about "well we all get together & put our £35 ........"
This is something that has never been tried before - and only time will tell if it has 'soul' or not.
Old 26-09-2007, 19:33   #146

Quote:
This is something that has never been tried before - and only time will tell if it has 'soul' or not.
Ah, soul!
melonhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 20:06   #147
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonhigh View Post
Ah, soul!
Brilliant!

That's told the ambulance chasers.

Old 26-09-2007, 20:08   #148
Junior Member+

You could always buy Barrow FC. Then you'd only have to pay 35 pence each.

This idea is perfect for a Harwood Town revival
sameday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 20:16   #149
God Member

Quote:
I recall asking you about supporting a football club and you said you didn't.

<TABLE class=tborder id=post468497 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap><!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->doheochai<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_468497", true); </SCRIPT>
Junior Member+

</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Sep 2007

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_468497><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- icon and title --><!-- google_ad_section_start -->Re: Myfootballclub<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --><!-- google_ad_section_start -->Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by lancsdave
No disrespect but I find that strange. The growth of myfc has been based on promoting itself through foottball forums such as this. That would suggest most members already have a first club. Do you not already support a club ?
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Actually I don't - most do but not all

Quote:

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I fail to see how anyone who doesn't actually support a club to understand what 'soul' means to a true football supporter. Anyone can watch from an armchair but the only soul there is the one you sit on
Old 26-09-2007, 21:04   #150
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I fail to see how anyone who doesn't actually support a club to understand what 'soul' means to a true football supporter.
If he doesn't get banter, he won't get soul, and most of the banter directed at this guy has gone totally over his head.

I wouldn't wish MFC on anyone, "have you tried Barrow", was a euphemism, not a suggestion.

Ever heard Dylan's, "Ballad of a Thin Man", Mr. Doheochai ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..