Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2007, 17:50   #166
Senior Member+

Re: Myfootballclub

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGibbo View Post
Is anyone on here not against the idea?
As far as I can tell, only the MFC "activists" who weren't on here before this thread started. A few of us were open-minded to start with but have realised the idea is, at best, daft. I've always thought it was a simple scam, and have seen nothing to change my mind.
Old 27-09-2007, 21:20   #167
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
A few of us were open-minded to start with but have realised the idea is, at best, daft. I've always thought it was a simple scam, and have seen nothing to change my mind.
I was one of those and after weighing up the options I don't think it's a scam I just think Stanley are not the right club to pick for this venture.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2007, 11:55   #168
Junior Member+

I'm a member of MYFC and was born in Nelson Lancs, have a cousin who is a Stanley fan and we have both been to a few games in the past, so I hope you won't regard me as too much of an intruder.

Bagpuss may be right and Accrington isn't the right club for us though I have to admit it would be my choice. I certainly wouldn't want to take on a club where we didn't have the support of the local fans and this is the view of MOST MYFC members. It would be interesting to find out what the view of most Accrington fans is, while I respect all the views expressed on this forum, it is only a few people. I went to the game against Grimsby (4-1 eh Obviously I'm a lucky mascot ) and the people I spoke to seemed to have quite an open mind about our project.

What concerns me is this, and I don't think it can be ignored. Forget MYFC for a minute, but how do you think the club will survive in the long term if only 120 season tickets are purchased? I was quite surprised. i would have thought with Stanley getting back into the league, bearing in mind its history and everything, there would have been far more interest locally in the club than there actually is. Has anyone got an explanation for the low number sold?
Arithon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2007, 14:18   #169
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arithon View Post
but how do you think the club will survive in the long term if only 120 season tickets are purchased? ....... Has anyone got an explanation for the low number sold?

plus 120 odd concessions plus over 250 Junior Reds (free entry) and all of these numbers have risen since the 'article' went to press. It's not as bad as it sounded. Also our board have never really included gates into their budgets (has been said numerous times over numerous seasons so I would imagine this season to be no different) s they cannot be relied on.

The 'article' only said that if we wanted to push on from this league we would need further investment as crowds were crap. If we just want to stay here for a while, consolidate, learn to walk before we can run etc then our present crowds/income can manage that. How competitive we can be remains to be seen. Don't believe all that you read int'papers1
Old 28-09-2007, 14:31   #170
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Don't believe all that you read int'papers1
I don't, I thought i got it from a direct quote from Mr Whalley. I'm glad that things are improving and the freebies for the kids sounds a great idea. At least the club is relatively debt free, which not all clubs can claim.

After watching the grimsby match I'm also surprised that the results have been poor. Hopefully that wasn't just a blip. I'm hoping to get to the Bury match (it's a bit of a trek (130 miles each way)so I'll get another chance to gauge the form. thanks for the update.
Old 28-09-2007, 16:25   #171
God Member

I often get asked, “Who’s your team” I answer, “Accrington Stanley”, the reply is always the same “who are they” I always answer that question with “The best club in the whole f***ing world” as there is no answer to that, we can start to talk football in a relaxed way, and generally indulge in some good banter.

If MFC were to be involved with The Stanley, I would get laughed at, nobody would be able to have proper football conversations nor indeed, friendly banter. Everything would be a joke, Thats why I’ll never support such a thing as Myfootballclub.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2007, 18:20   #172
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redash View Post

If MFC were to be involved with The Stanley, I would get laughed at
My local team is Leicester City and I get laughed at regardless of MYFC involvement. I'm not sure they would laugh at you Redash, and if they did they wouldn't for long. I spoke to about a dozen Accrington fans before and after the Grimsby game and no one laughed, most were quite positive and asked a lot of questions about how it all works.
Old 13-11-2007, 10:57   #173

First time post, but I'm so happy these myfc numpties have left our club alone, I can't help myself. Apparantly they're buying Gravesend & Northfleet/Ebbsfleet. We're well rid...
BedsRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 11:08   #174
God Member

Should be interesting when the grounds they visit get a request to provide 53,000 seats in the directors box
Old 13-11-2007, 11:48   #175

Perhaps they're already planning for a Champions League place?
alwaystouchout.com - Ebbsfleet International
Old 13-11-2007, 12:33   #176
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BedsRed View Post
First time post, but I'm so happy these myfc numpties have left our club alone, I can't help myself. Apparantly they're buying Gravesend & Northfleet/Ebbsfleet. We're well rid...
Quite eloquently put ! And so much for the claims of 50,000 members ! a little matter of 30K out on that. Anyway best of luck to em'......the genuine Ebbsfleet fans that is. I think they'll need it.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 13:56   #177
Senior Member+

Well that will be the end of Ebbsfleet in a couple of years.

“How will the team be picked?”

From FAQ
The Head Coach will brief members. This will include a review of the previous match, reports from the training ground and views on the forthcoming opposition. He will also give his thoughts on players, their form and fitness, as well as possible selections and tactics.

Members will then submit their preferred 11, formation and tactics. A database will calculate the most popular choice. This will be handed to The Head Coach to instigate.

All player will be voted on before they are bought/offered a contract.

Lets buy player A
Lets buy player B
Lets buy player C.
Have you seen them play much then?
Player A is a young up and coming player I've seen a few times at a few games.
I saw player C on youtube! He scored a well good goal innit. Look at this link he hits it well hard.
Oh right.
Results: Player A 2,003 votes.
Player C - 33,000 votes.

He wins. Congratulations. You have a YouTube player

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 15:07   #178
Senior Member+

Haha good one Bazf!

I really hope it works out for them even if they only get into the FL.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 15:31   #179

Wink Re: Myfootballclub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf View Post
All player will be voted on before they are bought/offered a contract.

Lets buy player A
Lets buy player B
Lets buy player C.
Have you seen them play much then?
Player A is a young up and coming player I've seen a few times at a few games.
I saw player C on youtube! He scored a well good goal innit. Look at this link he hits it well hard.
Oh right.
Results: Player A 2,003 votes.
Player C - 33,000 votes.

He wins. Congratulations. You have a YouTube player
Wonder how many of us would have to join to shift Evil?
Old 13-11-2007, 15:41   #180
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BedsRed View Post
Wonder how many of us would have to join to shift Evil?
What do you mean by 'shift Evil' ?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..