Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2007, 22:18   #91
Senior Member+

Re: Myfootballclub

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Phil Whalleys next book would be a doddle

'the owners of Accrington Stanley - a complete listing'

50000 people all parting with an extra tenner to see their name up in lights!
Future book : "The complete history of Accrington United" to be written by Jesus_was_A_Red. Not really a book, more a 2-page leaflet.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-09-2007, 09:01   #92
Junior Member+

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">We do not want confrontation, we just want to help a club in dire need of a considerable cash injection, so that the club can become a flag bearer of what a club can achieve with the injection of cash needed to achieve success.Forget the Myfc concept for a moment. If a multi millionaire offered the same injection of cash that, MyFC could offer, what would your reaction be to that???? See no name calling or anything as in your post. </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Quote:
who said anything about going bust you numpty?

if it ever comes down to it we'll just drop a league or two, or come up with some kind of Exeter like scam to avoid it. But how can a club with no debt go bust? The fact of the matter is you pillock we don't want you, so whats the argument? And then if Eric does sell to you we'll just picket the gates so you can't get in
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" UNSELECTABLE="on" height="1">

Malcolmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 13:53   #93
Senior Member+

Well I for one would be reasonably happy, depending on the identity of the multi-millionaire and his level of commitment. My problem is that I simply cannot forget the ludicrous MyFC concept - even for a moment.
Old 10-09-2007, 14:31   #94
God Member

Dont agree with myFC theory, can u imagine the board meetings & its bad enough for a manager as it is if they wish or need to spend money on players, ground etc. If Eric wants to sell then should do so with best interest of accy stanley club. What do u get really for your £35 stake??? nice on fantasy football but not really for real life, can imagine alsorts of problems
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 19:40   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Future book : "The complete history of Accrington United" to be written by Jesus_was_A_Red. Not really a book, more a 2-page leaflet.
Future book by Revived Red: ''My five games attended - still counting''
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 23:36   #96
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_was_A_red_ View Post
Future book by Revived Red: ''My five games attended - still counting''
Not quite - it was six games in 1961 - but you are near enough. Well done. Sadly, the 450-mile round trip for home games does make it a bit difficult but I think 10 per season plus 5 or 6 away games isn't too bad. I don't think I'll be quite as keen to watch Accrinton United, though.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:11   #97
Junior Member+

Quote:
but what would buy-the-club members make out of that deal
As I explained in an earlier post, the MyFC members cannot profit in any way from such a situation. All profits from ANY business go right back into the club. It may be hard to believe, but none of us is in this trust to make money. It's simply against the laws, the way our trust is organized.
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 14:52   #98
Junior Member+

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">You an ostrich then? Do love your smilies, Much better than the ones available on most sites. By the way take a trip down Bishops Avenue, Hamstead are of north London, Back to back millionaires there mate you may be lucky................ </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Well I for one would be reasonably happy, depending on the identity of the multi-millionaire and his level of commitment. My problem is that I simply cannot forget the ludicrous MyFC concept - even for a moment.
Malcolmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 21:30   #99
Senior Member+

You an ostrich then? Do love your smilies, Much better than the ones available on most sites. By the way take a trip down Bishops Avenue, Hamstead are of north London, Back to back millionaires there mate you may be lucky................

Help!! Can anyone translate this into English? Or explain it?
Old 12-09-2007, 23:32   #100
God Member

I did wonder myself RR but I thought it was the drink and I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND THE RELEVANCE?
Old 19-09-2007, 20:23   #101
Senior Member+

Rob Heys' Interview and some feedback from Myfootballclub supporter:

Fan Power: Another One Bites The Dust

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 00:55   #102
Full Member+

Hopefully MFC have got the message.

Interesting to note that L.U.F.C are now top of their list. If Cuddly Ken Bates sells out to MFC then that's their lookout !!!

Seriously though, If this club that I love, is to survive as a league team, we have to get behind the efforts of all the people who are working hard to keep us where we aspired to be.

Bums on seats,feet on terrace,Turnstile clicking .(hopefully past the 2,500 mark)

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2007, 07:29   #103

Question Re: Myfootballclub

I doubt these fantasy football madmen would be welcome anywhere so why dont they do what FCUM did and just start their own club up? That way, if they screw it up they only screw themselves....

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2007, 13:40   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo T Hornblower View Post
I doubt these fantasy football madmen would be welcome anywhere so why dont they do what FCUM did and just start their own club up? That way, if they screw it up they only screw themselves....

Jimbo T blower
Interestingly, a number of MFC members who live near Accrington attended Stanley's last home game and posted a gernerally positive response from the people they spoke to on the terraces. This is not to say that MFC are looking to purchase AS - just that discuccions took place with some fans. MFC members are only too well aware that some fans will be hostile to MFC no matter what club we buy. Starting a club from scratch is not an option because no matter where we go we will be stepping on someones toes.

As regards screwing up anything - The worst that can happen to the club MFC buy is that the club will receive a financial injection of at least £1million. As I said before MFC is prohibited, by its own rules, from borrowing money and placing the club in debt, or entering contracts that could create a future financial burden on the club. In relation to AS - Eric Whalley has suggested that the club will not progress without further investment.

By the way - I actually don't favour MFC attempting to purchase AS, but many MFC members do. Either way I wish the club and its fans all the best.
doheochai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2007, 17:35   #105
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by doheochai View Post
Interestingly, a number of MFC members who live near Accrington attended Stanley's last home game and posted a gernerally positive response from the people they spoke to on the terraces.
They weren't stood in the open, by any chance.

Secondly, if they live near Accy, and support "football" why aren't they attending anyway, or do they just like window shopping?

(Nothing personal, BTW.)

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..