Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2007, 18:20   #106

Re: Myfootballclub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Secondly, if they live near Accy, and support "football" why aren't they attending anyway,
Well Accrington is surrounded by a lot of other football clubs - so, I presume, they are probably supporters of other clubs (cue comments about not wanting supporters of other clubs owning yours)
doheochai is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-09-2007, 19:48   #107
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by doheochai View Post
Well Accrington is surrounded by a lot of other football clubs - so, I presume, they are probably supporters of other clubs (cue comments about not wanting supporters of other clubs owning yours)
You don't get it do you pal?

And you never will!!

Just do the decent thing, and go away.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2007, 19:53   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
You don't get it do you pal?

And you never will!!

Just do the decent thing, and go away.
Well said
BTLawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2007, 21:34   #109
Senior Member+

Quote:
Was Bob Lord an Accy supporter from a surrounding club?

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 03:41   #110
Full Member+

Re : Mr Doheochai.

Whilst I am sure that MFC and its members wish to make some form of "positive" contribution to a football club, it's plainly and blaitantly obvious that the fans and dare I say it the officials of this wonderfull club do not want to indulge in /or entertain the intentions of your consortium.

The whole concept of the MFC scenario is plainly and simply "FANTASY FOOTBALL"

This club is not the figment of some idealistic scenario.The Chairman,board,management,players,staff and fans have worked hard,TOGETHER, to put this club back into the national spotlight.

UNLESS it is plainly indicated by the powers that control this fantastic club, I Feel ,the general concensus of fans of this club do not wish to indulge in this "Fantasy Football Experiment"

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 08:38   #111
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Was Bob Lord an Accy supporter from a surrounding club?
I actually spoke to 2 of these MFC people and I said I was still gathering info and was still undecided but that statement Haggis has swayed me into the go away MFC we only want Stanley fans running our club.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 09:26   #112
God Member

Stuff all this 'My Football Club' bizzo....It could be MY( as in me Kiwi Johns') football club cause I am the only person in NZ who is 'alive' in the footy pools after 5 games.I will wake up tomorrow AM (NZ) ,race to the computer and hopefully find that Scum,Newcastle and Bolton have all won by1-2 goals and the other 2 games are draws...then Accy could be owned by a colonial git... how would that go down????
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 20:23   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
Re : Mr Doheochai.

Whilst I am sure that MFC and its members wish to make some form of "positive" contribution to a football club, it's plainly and blaitantly obvious that the fans and dare I say it the officials of this wonderfull club do not want to indulge in /or entertain the intentions of your consortium.
That is quite possible - We do know that as late as this week another club has approached MFC for discussions and a meeting was held with club officials and the club manager (this now makes eight clubs that MFC are currently in negotiations with).

Quote:
The whole concept of the MFC scenario is plainly and simply "FANTASY FOOTBALL"
Have to disagree with you here. I am not in the least interested in 'fantasy football'. I want to be involved, as a football fan, with running a club - something fans should be doing in every club in the country.

Quote:
This club is not the figment of some idealistic scenario.The Chairman,board,management,players,staff and fans have worked hard,TOGETHER, to put this club back into the national spotlight.
Acknowledged and absolutely agree. Everyone involved with the club have made a magnificant effort to get the club to its current position (remember I said earlier that I wasn't in favour of MFC buying Stanley - and this is the reason - MFC should not (and as far as I know isn't) be looking to buy a club that has been well run and has fans actively supporting the board.

By the way a number of MFC members are planning to go to a Stanley game in the next couple of weeks - please give them a warm welcome - afterall they are giving a little boost to the crowd numbers and that can't be bad.

Last edited by doheochai; 24-09-2007 at 20:29.
Old 24-09-2007, 20:36   #114
God Member

Quote:
I want to be involved, as a football fan, with running a club - something fans should be doing in every club in the country.
This is where the fundamental difference with us folk lies, sir.
Fans should stay fans.
We should spectate, not dictate.
Football clubs have boards of directors for a reason - THEY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING!
Fans don't.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 21:16   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
This is where the fundamental difference with us folk lies, sir.
Fans should stay fans.
We should spectate, not dictate.
Football clubs have boards of directors for a reason - THEY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING!
Fans don't.
Really have to disagree with you here - how many clubs have been f*cked-up by their chairmen/boards? In all honesty there is absolutely no reason why fans couldn't do as well - if not better - than most of them. You should have more confidence in the ability of ordinary fans to know what is best for a football club.

Specifically in relation to MFC - unlike current owners - MFC, because of its rules, cannot put a club into debt or sign contract for which money hasn't be secured. Even with Man Utd the Glaziers put the club in hock to the tune of £400million to fund their takeover.

In terms of decision making - current owners have their own agenda which don't always mean they operate in the best interests of the club. MFC members cannot make any financial gain from their membership so decisions would be made in the best interests of the club - not the best interests of the owner.
Old 24-09-2007, 21:36   #116
God Member

Quote:
Really have to disagree with you here...
Then we'll have to agree to disagree.
All the best with your investment, but please tell your lot not to come near my club
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 21:47   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Then we'll have to agree to disagree.
Hopefully we'll get a chance to prove you wrong.

Quote:
All the best with your investment, but please tell your lot not to come near my club
Have absolutely no influence there - MFC are in negotiations with eight clubs (Think it is unlikely - but you never know Stanley could be one of them - confidentiality is a b*tch) - and the takeover team will pick the one with the most potential (if a deal can be done).
Old 24-09-2007, 22:21   #118
Senior Member+

Stanley - the Club that wouldn't Die

(Unless a set of muppets with £35 to waste get hold of it, get bored & move on to another daft web based try to get rich quick scheme. Have you not got real clubs to invest your £35 into, the ones you've always followed)

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2007, 18:19   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
another daft web based try to get rich quick scheme.
Just for clarification - the members of MFC cannot make any financial gain from the purchase of the club (it's in the rules of MFC). If the club is sold any funds will be distributed to charity (however, in all likelihood if/when MFC withdraws from club ownership - the club could well be sold to a supporters trust for a nominal fee).
Old 25-09-2007, 18:52   #120
God Member

Quote:
when MFC withdraws from club ownership - the club could well be sold to a supporters trust for a nominal fee).
Had the OSC better start saving up?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..