Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2007, 23:10   #121
Senior Member+

Re: Myfootballclub

Quote:
Originally Posted by doheochai View Post
Just for clarification - the members of MFC cannot make any financial gain from the purchase of the club (it's in the rules of MFC). If the club is sold any funds will be distributed to charity (however, in all likelihood if/when MFC withdraws from club ownership - the club could well be sold to a supporters trust for a nominal fee).
OK daft hair brained make yourself feel important scheme

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-09-2007, 23:23   #122
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by doheochai View Post
If the club is sold any funds will be distributed to charity (however, in all likelihood if/when MFC withdraws from club ownership - the club could well be sold to a supporters trust for a nominal fee).
Why doesn't MFC save its members and the fans of the football club MFC intends to take over (and probably ruin) a lot of heartache and hassle ??

Instead of throwing £35 at an idea, that,while nice in it's idealistic intentions, Will probably be doomed to fail, donate your £35 to a worthwhile and deserving charity (and there's plenty of those) That way some good will come from the £35 burning a hole in your pockets.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2007, 23:29   #123
Senior Member+

Listen MFC Members.....

Accrington Stanley is a real club. It has a tradition & a history that sets it apart from others. Real life directors who have invested twenty times the amount of effort & time that your franchise could come up with. Thats not withstanding the personal money sunk into it & the time taken away from leisure & family pursuits to drive our great club forward. This is something that everybody who has ever done anything for this unique football club can understand. They Can remember with fondness & feel that they in some way helped make it happen. They remember the hard times (Barrow away) & more importantly the good (Radcliffe away). They can share stories around the place with like minded Stanley fans who have also experienced; laughed or cried with them. Despite having one of the lowest gates in the League there is such a great feel about ASFC. It sounds daft but it grabs you & it keeps you hooked (well most of us) It is something that is sometimes missed on a forum because debating gripes & side issues can take over. However, I know that owner, manager, staff & fans are united in their love for all things red & white.

You can see this in the passion on the terrace. You can see it in the friendliness in the stands. ASFC will live forever.

Now back to your concept. Although cash is king in football, the majority of sensible honest fans at Accy Stanley would be horrified to suddenly have all this "fake" interest in our club. Especially when most of the Uk only remember ASFC for the "Milk Marketing Boards" advert choice in 1985.

I mean what effect do you really think it would have on the whole make up of the enterprise that is OUR club. A 2 million investment we ain't worked for. New players on contracts we never could afford. A new ground handed to us. They all sound great but then - and this brings me to the real heart of the matter. Something I care more about than promotion, or a roof, or Evils new shoes...........

WHERE OH WHERE HAS OUR SOUL GONE...............?

Well I'm afraid £35 of it went to Dulwich
£35 to Harrogate
£35 to Milton Keynes
£35 to Cleveleys
£35 to Orkney
£35 to Isle of Wight..................

ACCRINGTON STANLEY (A club whose real value is measured in the memories of the folk who fought to get it where it is today)

STAY AWAY LADS (as I know I will if I end up stood next to Mr Harrogate or Mr Orkney!)

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Last edited by Willie Miller; 25-09-2007 at 23:32. Reason: Wiggle it just a little bit
Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 07:10   #124
Senior Member+

Listen MFC Members.....

You've probably done us a favour by provoking many posts on what being a fan is all about, not least Willie Miller's post above.

Goodbye.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 08:49   #125

To paraphrase Mr Churchill: "Never have so few vented so much fury at so many!"

STAY AWAY.
Old 26-09-2007, 10:39   #126
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I was a swayer but now reading these posts I'm now firmly in the camp that says "LEAVE STANLEY ALONE".

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 12:12   #127

At the end of the day if the club don't want to get involved with MFC they don't have to, no one can just take the club over !! If Eric and the management want to talk to them they can, and if they want MFC to get involved there is nothing anyone can do really.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 16:50   #128
Junior Member+

i for 1 hope we take your tiny club off your hands and build it..because quite frankly you have not got a clue, any of you. So when we buy your little club and start playing fantasy football with it i want you lot to stay the hell away. i am going to put your goal keeper on the wing and the manager in the net...oh what fun we will have at your expense, going to be well worth 35 quid
okuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 17:01   #129
God Member

and I will barricade the gates so your poxy new board of shareholders can't get anywhere near.
Old 26-09-2007, 17:04   #130
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by okuz View Post
i for 1 hope we take your tiny club off your hands and build it..because quite frankly you have not got a clue, any of you. So when we buy your little club and start playing fantasy football with it i want you lot to stay the hell away. i am going to put your goal keeper on the wing and the manager in the net...oh what fun we will have at your expense, going to be well worth 35 quid
Another fine example of customer relations from the subbuteo outfit
Old 26-09-2007, 17:11   #131
Senior Member+

Quote:
..... going to be well worth 35 quid
Your 35 quid's gone already mate, you've been scammed
Old 26-09-2007, 17:14   #132

Quote:
I could possibly, just possibly, have been tempted to risk £35 with MyFC, but having read the above it's blatantly obvious that it involves morons and no brainers. Think I'll save my money and buy some extra pies at the next home game. What rubbish!!!
melonhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 17:19   #133
God Member

Quote:
What a no-brainer u are, perfect mangerial sence is that ^^^ - no fans = no club

Get a clue & a life - mind u getting one brain cell would be hard enough for you!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 17:22   #134
Full Member+

Quote:
These jokers associated with MFC simply don't get the message do they??
Let me spell it out plain and simply:

THE MAJORITY OF FANS AT THIS CLUB DO NOT WANT MFC !!! GET THE MESSAGE ???

So go and irritate somebody else !!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 17:24   #135
God Member

If this MFC want to do something a lot more productive with their £35 why not donate it to the OSC instead, you will get more out of that than with this stupid fantasy crap!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..