Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2006, 14:14   #16
God Member

Re: National XI team news

You're right KIPAX it was a sweeping statement and I should have gone further.
I meant that at this very moment, compared to our league games - the internationals are of no real importance; as they are not in a major world tournament or anything like that...they aren't 'essential' games if you will.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-02-2006, 14:50   #17
God Member

your still missing the point.. not important or essential to who ? I think you will find they are important to the players at the very least and a lot more people besides..

WH: We are all worried. I did say I would prefer they didnt play and didnt play in cup games.. league games only for me at this stage...

Its the "not important" comments I would take to task.
Old 02-02-2006, 15:19   #18
Senior Member+

Many many players should defo be rested for Tuesday & some for Saturday. I was gonna go to Hearts v Aberdeen this Saturday because for me the trophy sort of slips down the pecking order somewhat with regards to the important games coming up

Well done to Ian & Gary, but Coley "pull them out"

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 15:25   #19
God Member

NOT IMPORTANT IN COMPASRISON TO LEAGUE GAMES

bloody hell, clear yet????

the internationals are mickey mouse matches which are completely unecessary - yes it makes the players proud to pull on an England shirt and represent their country but they hold no place at this stage of the season; to let important players play in these silly matches would be absurd.
it's my opinion - disagree all you want but it would be in the best interest of the club to withdraw Gary & Ian.
Old 02-02-2006, 15:45   #20
Member.

I think it’s wonderful that we are afforded to opportunity to discuss these matters, but at the end of the day no matter how good we think we are, we or I should say the Club employs a professional manager and an assistant manager not to mention medical, physical and psychological practitioners and advisors and not least the players all of whom bear the responsibility of make these decisions on our, the supporters behalf. That’s why we’re top of the league.

Also these other games allow the team to play against other professional players who in turn directly or indirectly impart new tactics and skills to which we benefit from. The old adage of Practise Makes Perfect is none the less true and the more non conference practise our lads can get the better. Yes they need to be rested and fit, but it’s the skill and determination on the day that will grant us promotion. Just look on these side issues as training games and pray coleys got it right…………

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 15:57   #21
God Member

The bottom line is we cant afford players to be getting more tired than is necesary at this stage of the season. 3 games in 5 days is absurd
Old 02-02-2006, 16:00   #22
Full Member+

It's three games in SIX days.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 16:39   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
NOT IMPORTANT IN COMPASRISON TO LEAGUE GAMES

bloody hell, clear yet????

the internationals are mickey mouse matches which are completely unecessary - yes it makes the players proud to pull on an England shirt and represent their country but they hold no place at this stage of the season; to let important players play in these silly matches would be absurd.
it's my opinion - disagree all you want but it would be in the best interest of the club to withdraw Gary & Ian.
I would seriously watch your attitude young man.. No one was disagreeing with you regarding there inclusion. you only need to read my posts to see that... I didnt agree with the statement that they are not important... I would advise you not to say that in hearing distance of craney or roberts, it would at the best insult them...all things are relative. they are important depending on your viewpoint. Its a big world out there and not everyone is going to have the same viewpoint as you.

I strongly suggest we leave it at that
Old 02-02-2006, 18:00   #24
Senior Member+

Playing for your country is what it is all about..It will be a tremendous moment for the boys and they fully deserve it..It may seem unimportant to us shakermaker but to them it is up there with the proudest moments of their lives..I'm sure the league is impoortant to the two but as is personal pride and representing your country..:engsmil:
Old 02-02-2006, 18:05   #25
God Member

Calm down man...I apologize for how strong and ignorant my post came across....little embarassing reading it back...bad day coming out it stressed posts and all that.
Anyway; agreeing to disagree is the best way forward. Does the National Game XI still have the age-cap? I was wondering this when seeing that Pete Cav was not selected....is he too old now?
Old 02-02-2006, 18:26   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
Calm down man
sigh... you just dont learn do you well thats OK .. if making enemies is your thing then so be it.. glad to oblidge.
Old 02-02-2006, 18:29   #27
God Member

so you cant get past the first 3 words of a post? it wasnt a dig at you or anything like that why must you pick at anything and evrything you can? if anyone is the trouble maker it is you - i apologized and tried to move the thread on yet you bring the tone down once again....some people just arent worth the effort.

moving on...does anyone know why Pete Cav wasn't picked again? Is it because of his age? I heard he had a really good game the last time he played for the XI.

Last edited by shakermaker; 02-02-2006 at 18:31.
Old 02-02-2006, 18:32   #28
God Member

having a dig and apologising in the same sentence didnt work. does that surprise you..and you continuing to post telling me off isnt helping. you started with the attitude and I suggested we stop. you couldnt help yourself having a little dig with every post. insulting and calling me isnt making it better either.

keep pushing little boy.
Old 02-02-2006, 18:39   #29
God Member

I tried to move the thread on but you refuse to do so and persist in this childish argument. Fine by me; get the last word as you so wish.
Old 02-02-2006, 18:41   #30
God Member

and now you call me childish... like i say.. keep pushing.. keep insulting..

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..