Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2013, 22:35   #1
Junior Member+

Nephew's First Game

Hi all, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's game as I'm taking my 7 year old nephew to his first ever football game. He has only just started to take in football and has asked if I would take him. After looking at all the Lancashire clubs ticket prices Accy Stanley's is bar far the best priced for a youth to go and watch some football.
LeeMus is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-03-2013, 22:59   #2

Re: Nephew's First Game

Welcome to the rollercoaster Lee. Get on the Clayton End for tommorow's game. The little one will love it!! Hopefully the men in Red can do their part and entice you back again!!
Old 31-03-2013, 23:00   #3

Get behind the goals in the Clayton End.

I was around 12 when I first went to a Stanley game but the atmosphere behind the goals got me hooked - unlike the trips to Ewood Park I had occasionally done previously.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2013, 23:49   #4
Junior Member+

Thank you both, will he have a good view in the Clayton End? I myself have been Ewood a few times and even Turf Moor but neither did anything for me.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:19   #5
God Member

there's no such thing as a bad view at Stanley, you are so close to the action no matter where you are.

The Clayton End is the home goal end and has seats at the front and good old terracing behind it. The drum and the singing is pretty much right behind the goal on the terrace. So the advice would be to sit nearish to the middle in the seated area, you could move along whenever you like to either end or indeed to the terracing behind you.

The language can be a little colourful, like any football ground, but singing wise the concentration is pretty much on support rather than just singing swear words at the opposition players or fans.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:24   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Am sure yer nephew will love his afternoon on the Clayton End.End of game the players come oer n applaud the fans yon, sure that should suit the lad.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:07   #7
Junior Member+

Thank you all for the advice.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:56   #8
Full Member+

your starting at the right place. Best atmosphere at Stanley .Where alse can you shake hands with the players etc .Welcome young man ,enjoy!!
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 13:44   #9
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

No doubt the Archbishop Wynn of Stanley will be there to welcome you to the flock.

On top of that, if you're after getting the young un his footy baptism Stanleys as good as any if not better due to their uniqueness, anyone can follow the merchandising & marketing, but for the heart, soul & spirit it's got to be Stanley.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 01-04-2013, 16:51   #10
Junior Member+

Thanks everyone, my nephew really enjoyed the game and so did I. Good to see Beattie score too. He has asked me to take him on again so could be a regular fixture for us.
Old 01-04-2013, 16:54   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeMus View Post
Thanks everyone, my nephew really enjoyed the game and so did I. Good to see Beattie score too. He has asked me to take him on again so could be a regular fixture for us.
Splendid, glad yeh both enjoyed what was a very good game. Been watching football 60 yrs n can assure yeh, there is no other club like Stanley.
Old 01-04-2013, 18:08   #12
Senior Member+

I don't think you could have picked a better game!!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 20:41   #13
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeMus View Post
Glad you enjoyed it, now for your next step in his conversion - take him to York next week. You can have a great day out, perhaps take him to the Railway Museum beforehand, and witness what may well turn to be our biggest match of the season. You'll be doing us a favour, too, as we need all hands on deck on that away terrace!
Old 01-04-2013, 21:42   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Glad you enjoyed it, now for your next step in his conversion - take him to York next week. You can have a great day out, perhaps take him to the Railway Museum beforehand, and witness what may well turn to be our biggest match of the season. You'll be doing us a favour, too, as we need all hands on deck on that away terrace!
Good idea, Wyn, my youngest grandson is 5yr old, well into Thomas, so may be able to bribe him into Railway Museum before the match!!
Bonus if I can get the Missus & daughter to go shopping between 2.30 & 5.30.... without my credit card!!

Last edited by KiTChener; 01-04-2013 at 21:44. Reason: Spelling mistake.. can't abide them!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 21:48   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Good idea, Wyn, my youngest grandson is 5yr old, well into Thomas, so may be able to bribe him into Railway Museum before the match!!
Bonus if I can get the Missus & daughter to go shopping between 2.30 & 5.30.... without my credit card!!
If yeh manage to go somewhere wi the missus n get her to go shopping whilst yer at the match n not use yer credit card, "Please tell me how its done"

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..