Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2015, 09:37   #1
God Member

new chief executive

Welcome back Rob, crack on with the good work :-)
Old 11-11-2015, 09:49   #2
Senior Member+

Re: new chief executive

Done some great work since returning!!
Old 11-11-2015, 10:18   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well if he genuinely means what he says, that can only be a good thing. imho
Old 11-11-2015, 10:29   #4
Full Member+

Wonder if he's got a good price from Betfred for Saturday's game
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 12:22   #5
Resting in Peace

Very funny, M.R.
How's your big Chinese investment coming along, by the way?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 12:57   #6
Senior Member+

Welcome back Rob. Yes he has paid for his crime which IMHO was excessive, but what about the former players who were also caught? They have been hung out to dry on this forum. They too served their time yet would not be welcomed back by some members.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 13:14   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Do yeh not think theres a big difference between someone actually playing for stanley outback? cos i sure do.
Old 11-11-2015, 14:33   #8

I personally am gutted. Always thought he did a poor job first time around. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a nice enough bloke. But Joey Essex is a nice bloke, but don't make him Prime Minister. Personally think Rob had a massive influence and was a major part of our tin potted past. Plus, don't forget he was David O'Neill's mouth piece, helping cover up all his lies. All this was before the gambling fiasco. Job for the boys it seems.

Out of his depth and difficult to trust again. Think a lot of fans forgive and forget due to personal relationships with him and the fact he is also a fan.

Anyway, what is done is done. Onwards and upwards but with less optimism and hope for the club than before.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 17:08   #9
Senior Member+

Rob has admitted he made a mistake, apologised and took his punishment!

I'd like to see how much money in sponsorship that the club now has since Rob has come back compared to when he wasn't here!!
Old 11-11-2015, 17:33   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Rob has admitted he made a mistake, apologised and took his punishment!

I'd like to see how much money in sponsorship that the club now has since Rob has come back compared to when he wasn't here!!
Well how longs he been back baldy? please enlighten seeing the club aint bothered too.
Old 11-11-2015, 17:38   #11
God Member

Mr. Heys has been appointed as "interim" CEO, meaning provisional, l presume, depending on various factors one of which, I'm sure, will be his performance. I'm sure he's a wiser lad than a few years ago, so good luck to him.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 17:48   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well how longs he been back baldy? please enlighten seeing the club aint bothered too.
Come on Cashy you've been a breath of fresh air with your optimism of late and been doing ever so well, Don't let yourself down now!

Let's just get behind everyone at the club, Owner, Chairman, CEO, Manager, Players and fans!...The futures bright!
Old 11-11-2015, 17:50   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Mr. Heys has been appointed as "interim" CEO, meaning provisional, l presume, depending on various factors one of which, I'm sure, will be his performance. I'm sure he's a wiser lad than a few years ago, so good luck to him.
Thats the way i read it, but baldy seems to know more, so either he enlightens or its nonsense.
Old 11-11-2015, 18:15   #14

This appointment might just divide opinion, and I suspect Andy Holt knows this,hence the words used at the end of his last sentence on the website.

Just incredible is my view. He's a nice bloke and absolutely has the best of intention for our club, however the lack of judgement and naivety he demonstrated in his previous tenure was remarkable and not what I expect or want from someone in a senior leadership position. His words on the website don't give me the view that he's truly learnt from a sorry experience. He doesn't give me the impression that he's the person that going to set the tone for the club, improve professional standards etc - all the things you want and need from a CEO.

I agree with Mr Matthew that he's out of his depth.

Interesting that appointment is interim, which may mean many things going on behind the scenes.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 18:49   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeg Red View Post
This appointment might just divide opinion, and I suspect Andy Holt knows this,hence the words used at the end of his last sentence on the website.

Just incredible is my view. He's a nice bloke and absolutely has the best of intention for our club, however the lack of judgement and naivety he demonstrated in his previous tenure was remarkable and not what I expect or want from someone in a senior leadership position. His words on the website don't give me the view that he's truly learnt from a sorry experience. He doesn't give me the impression that he's the person that going to set the tone for the club, improve professional standards etc - all the things you want and need from a CEO.

I agree with Mr Matthew that he's out of his depth.

Interesting that appointment is interim, which may mean many things going on behind the scenes.
You obviously knew that it was a breach of FA rules for anyone employed by a football club to have a bet on, e.g., who was going to win the Cup, then? Have to say it came as quite a surprise to me .....

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..