Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2007, 13:39   #1

New Keeper Signs!!

On Fishy Site..!!

Scottish goalkeeper Kenny Arthur has signed a one year deal at Accrington Stanley, making the move south from Partick Thistle. The 28 year old 6'3" shot stopper was Partick's longest serving player with over 250 appearances, and played against Stanley in our friendly match at Partick last season. He played in the Scottish Premier Division for two seasons with Partick, and was also selected for the Scottish national team by Berti Vogts, on the bench for the home game against Iceland and away at Lithuania.

Tractorboy Red
Old 29-05-2007, 14:00   #2
Senior Member+

Re: New Keeper Signs!!

He had a testimonial at Partick last year and is currently leading a poll amongst Partick fans of who should be offered a new contract.

Seems like a good signing. Here's hoping.
Old 29-05-2007, 14:11   #3

Hi all.

Just seen that Kenny has signed for you and he will be sorely missed by all at Firhill. A true legend who has been with the club through all the good and bad times over the last 10 years and when he has been offered to go other clubs for bigger money he has stayed true to us. Unfortuntely last season he was treated like garbage by the ex management team and was subsequently not offered a new deal, which was met by anger and sadness by the majority of our fans, after all the years of service he had given to the club, also since the other keeper who he is viewed to be better than by most was given a new two year deal while he was offered nothing.

I assume your manager also seen him make a couple of top class saves in the friendly last year as well?

If given an opportunity to become the first choice keeper he'll definetly do a job for you.

Last edited by Thistle_Fan1; 29-05-2007 at 14:15.
Thistle_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 14:14   #4

Got yourself a good keeper there, im raging at the way he was treated during his testimonial season by our ex manager.

Anyway our loss is your clubs gain and i will deffo be checking in next season to see how the champ is getting on.

Scotlands Number 1 - King Kenny
jagsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 14:20   #5
Junior Member+

Another Jags fan checking in to say good luck to Kenny at his new club. You've got yourselves a fine goalie and a great pro. Left Thistle very much against the wishes of the fans only because we're broke and he's out of contract.

Hope a few of us will be down to see you guys play some time next year.

All the best to Kenny and yourselves for the new season!
Fellow Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 14:33   #6
God Member

I got all excited when I saw the headline 'Coleman signs Keny' - thought we'd somehow captured Paddy Kenny . Anyway, sounds like some positive comments from the Partick fans for our new signing - so fingers crossed he'll be a good asset
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 14:54   #7

Sounds great, just a bit concerned that Coley could've confused Scot with Scouse!
Local Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 15:02   #8

Trust me guys, I'm a Partick Thistle fan, and have been for just a few years longer than Kenny has played for us. He is one of the best goalkeepers in Scotland and I wouldn't say he was unfortunate not to play for a bigger club, its more to the point that he was too loyal to us to move elswhere. The guy is a true legend and is seen at his best defending penalties. Go onto Video Highlights | Pressbox | Partick Thistle Football Club and check out the highlights in the Peterhead game. We were 2-1 down going into this 2nd leg of the Playoff finals for promotion. We won 2-1 then it went into E.T. then penalties. Kenny won that game for us in my opinion and he will never be forgotton as a true Partick Thistle legend. We can only wish him well and hope that a few of you visit the Partick Thistle forum on ptfc.net - Home and let us know what you think of one of the best Scottish goalkeepers in the game this day. A true legend. And yes, he was our number one on the wishlist but the guy, in his testimonial year, got treated unfairly and dropped out of the squad to a young Northern Irish goalie who is shorter than the average man and isn't a patch on Kenny in my opinion, even tho he has had a call up for the nationals. Kenny never got that high because we're in too low a division and he was too loyal to us to make that leap up.

Get onto the Jags forum, let us know what you think initially and what you think when you've seen this guy play!

DJ The Jag
DJTheJag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 15:16   #9
God Member

Looks promising, can we have your No.9 as well

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 15:41   #10
Junior Member+

His Gr8

His Tall
james-the-accy-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 16:04   #11

Quick sour point - Partick conceeded more than any other team in Scots First Division last season....

Partick fans...is it your defence that's bad???
sarah_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 16:23   #12
God Member

Must admit, when we played Partick He did make two wonderful saves, so looks promising!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 16:27   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah_d View Post
Quick sour point - Partick conceeded more than any other team in Scots First Division last season....

Partick fans...is it your defence that's bad???
Our defence last year and the year before it was attrocious and thats being kind !! You could have put Buffon in goals and we would still have leaked goals like they were going out of fashion. If Kenny was not between the sticks at times i would dread to think how many goals we would have lost by. Our ex manager signed about 15 defenders in his 2 years at the club and they were all rubbish, i guess it never helped that he played left backs at right back and so on but you get the gist. We re-signed Alan Archibald who is another fans favourite at Christmas there and he steadied the defence slightly but alas even though our ex-manager was still around at the time it was the clubs board that re-signed Archibald - what does that tell you lol.
jagsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 16:42   #14

Sounds like an excellent signing!!! Well done Coley!! Long live King Arthur!!!
Old 29-05-2007, 16:49   #15

Great signing for you guys, sorry to see him go, shame the way the previous management treated him.

Best of luck big man, there'll be a wee drink at the bar for you next time youre back in glasgow
tobester_35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..