Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2014, 16:43   #1
God Member

New Loan Signing

Any one heard of him? According to BBC Sport website we've signed Matt Crooks on loan from Huddersfield.20 NOVEMBERMatt Crooks[Huddersfield - Accrington] Loan.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-11-2014, 16:44   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: New Loan Signing

Not me, but reckon that areas our weakest link. So welcome to the lad.Had just read it on fishy.
Old 20-11-2014, 17:00   #3
I am Banned

Huddersfield Town loan Matt Crooks to Accrington Stanley - Huddersfield Examiner

According to the Huddersfield examiner were a league 1 side, have I been asleep for a year?
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2014, 18:21   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Huddersfield Town loan Matt Crooks to Accrington Stanley - Huddersfield Examiner

According to the Huddersfield examiner were a league 1 side, have I been asleep for a year?
Unless I have missed something or the paper have edited the website/newspaper, there is no mention of League 1 Stanley. On a different note, welcome Matt, hope you enjoy your stay.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2014, 18:24   #5
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Unless I have missed something or the paper have edited the website/newspaper, there is no mention of League 1 Stanley. On a different note, welcome Matt, hope you enjoy your stay.
They have changed it back to fourth tier
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2014, 18:57   #6
Senior Member+

Sure he came on as a sub for Hartlepool against us last month.
He was a big lad and played up front who was an handful,sure it's him
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2014, 19:04   #7
God Member

You know your stuff.....

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2014, 19:17   #8
Full Member+

your right with that F 19, Quote from the match report in the morecambe programme, on 63 minutes Sub Matt Crooks misses a gilt edged chance for pools
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2014, 01:28   #9
Resting in Peace

Question Re: New Loan Signing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Not me, but reckon that areas our weakest link. So welcome to the lad.Had just read it on fishy.
Yes, but what area Cashy? He is variously described as a defender and midfielder, where we seem to be well covered , so are we going to use him up front even though his goalscoring record is almost non existent. Maybe he has scored lots of goals in reserve football?
baldy likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2014, 09:32   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Yes, but what area Cashy? He is variously described as a defender and midfielder, where we seem to be well covered , so are we going to use him up front even though his goalscoring record is almost non existent. Maybe he has scored lots of goals in reserve football?
Midfield which was virtually non-existent at Carlisle, played ok in the cup on tues, but we need options when they aint firing imho.
Old 21-11-2014, 09:51   #11
Resting in Peace

OK, I'm with you now, Cashy. So a Proccy type player who can get the ball down and make things happen then?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2014, 10:04   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Midfield which was virtually non-existent at Carlisle, played ok in the cup on tues, but we need options when they aint firing imho.
Interesting. Sadly I wasn't at either game. But who were the personnel in each game? Were O'Sullivan & Maguire playing at Carlisle? I do know that Piero played in the cup - and had a good game by all accounts. I'm not sure if we need more midfielders - but rather better use of the ones we do have. Just a thought.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2014, 10:30   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Interesting. Sadly I wasn't at either game. But who were the personnel in each game? Were O'Sullivan & Maguire playing at Carlisle? I do know that Piero played in the cup - and had a good game by all accounts. I'm not sure if we need more midfielders - but rather better use of the ones we do have. Just a thought.
Midfield was Proccy @ Joyce at Carlisle both were completely anonymous that afternoon.
Old 21-11-2014, 10:49   #14
God Member

Quote:
Midfield was Proccy @ Joyce at Carlisle both were completely anonymous that afternoon.
To be fair the whole team with the exception of our keeper were pretty anonymous at Carlisle
yonmon likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2014, 11:32   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
To be fair the whole team with the exception of our keeper were pretty anonymous at Carlisle
True di, which i said meself on the thread, but yeh will be very fortunate to score owt, if midfield aint firing or producing anything imho.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..