Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree254Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2013, 12:01   #226
Full Member+

Re: New Manager

Is Dav007 John Coleman or Jimmy Bell by any chance ?
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-05-2013, 12:05   #227
God Member

Not the last time I saw him

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:57   #228
God Member

maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 13:23   #229
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Nice one Macca, that was one of Barnsies better days, but could the Stanley lads take this type of team talk?

Every week!
Old 11-05-2013, 13:53   #230
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
jaysay fails to answer a question... again
you haven't asked one mainly because no brain power to work one out
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 14:30   #231
Senior Member+

Quote:
What did steve kean do wrong?
Allow me to answer that. Just about everything, including slag off his predecessor. In public!!

I saw several Blackburn games when Kean was manager. It was embarrassing. The worst was the Carling Cup game at Cardiff. He picked a 3rd rate team, later admitting he didn't want to win. That was an offence to the Blackburn fans who had travelled all that way for an evening game, some staying overnight. Blackburn were outthought, outclassed, outplayed.

In none of the six games I watched was there any evidence of tactics.

At first, I thought he was being hard done by - and then I watched the games.

And then there were his post-match interviews in which he always wanted to "take the positives". The man was deluded.

That's your answer, DAV007. Or do you know better from your viewing of the Blackburn games?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 14:38   #232
Resting in Peace

And don't let the fact that he took them from a comfortable upper half Premier league position to a miserable relegation fool you either, Davo. His reign was best summed up by their crucial away game at Spurs which they needed to win, when instead of battling to save their lives the team managed only one shot on goal in the match, and that was in injury time.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 14:57   #233
Resting in Peace

What nobody seems to understand about the Kean issue is that it was a conspiracy (cue MargaretR) When Venky's were negotiating to buy the club they were advised by Jerome Anderson, a football agent, who just happened to be Steve Kean's agent too, within a matter of weeks BFS had been sacked and Kean installed as caretaker manager which soon became full time on a whacking great big contract of which my 15% got a massive pay increase, plus he advised on player input which in all cost agents fees of around £4.5 million, then of course there was the stupidity blurted out after every abysmal display, which was nearly every week. when all said and done football is about fans not prima dona managers or footballers, just a point I haven't noticed to many managers who were so vocal in decrying the fans for the way Kean got stick, jumping in with offers of work
Old 11-05-2013, 15:02   #234
Senior Member+

I was under the impression the Blackburn fans where fed up will allerdyce and wanted him out?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 15:03   #235
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
What did steve kean do wrong?
Stay loyal to his boss?
In a nutshell........He had your mentality.
Old 11-05-2013, 15:13   #236
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I was under the impression the Blackburn fans where fed up will allerdyce and wanted him out?
You know as much about Rovers as you do about Stanley, precisely nothing much
Old 11-05-2013, 15:45   #237
Senior Member+

Just to inject a smidgeon of levity into this slightly deteriorative thread ..

Projected scene at next week's interviews !...

A member of THE Selection Panel to F19's 'surprise' candidate for Manager's situation at t'Stanley...

" And apart from the latest fashion in Tracksuits, is there anything else that you feel you can bring to the job ??..."

( ps ...Just for safety's sake..this is NO way intended to caricature John Coleman !!).
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 19:33   #238
God Member

I really struggle to understand why fans of the club would not want Coleman & Bell back at the club.

"They ditched us once before" - do you really blame them? They had a chance after giving over a decade of their lives to us and taking us to the promised land. They are ambitious and wanted to try to prove themselves at a higher level. It didn't work out. Big deal.

"They said they'd taken us as far as they could" - they had at the time; since then the club has gone backwards on the field. No one can doubt that. Off the field we are only marginally better. Players not paid recently.

"Bullish personalities" - so what. Are you really that offended? They are winners and love the club. They are flawed but give their all. Surely that's all that matters?

I'm not wanting to start typical accyweb handbags but I'd love to understand the opposition.
SamF and DAV007 like this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 19:49   #239

Re: Re: New Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I really struggle to understand why fans of the club would not want Coleman & Bell back at the club.

"They ditched us once before" - do you really blame them? They had a chance after giving over a decade of their lives to us and taking us to the promised land. They are ambitious and wanted to try to prove themselves at a higher level. It didn't work out. Big deal.

"They said they'd taken us as far as they could" - they had at the time; since then the club has gone backwards on the field. No one can doubt that. Off the field we are only marginally better. Players not paid recently.

"Bullish personalities" - so what. Are you really that offended? They are winners and love the club. They are flawed but give their all. Surely that's all that matters?

I'm not wanting to start typical accyweb handbags but I'd love to understand the opposition.
100 percent agree.

Think battle lines have been drawn between a few people on here and that's inevitably going to sway minds 'I'm against that because that's what THEY think'
DAV007 likes this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 20:17   #240
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You know as much about Rovers as you do about Stanley, precisely nothing much
No, your wrong.
It may be convenient to re-write history, but the facts are Blackburn fans where sick of the football under Big Sam and where happy when he was sacked.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..