Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree254Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2013, 20:25   #241
Senior Member+

Re: New Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I really struggle to understand why fans of the club would not want Coleman & Bell back at the club.

"They ditched us once before" - do you really blame them? They had a chance after giving over a decade of their lives to us and taking us to the promised land. They are ambitious and wanted to try to prove themselves at a higher level. It didn't work out. Big deal.

"They said they'd taken us as far as they could" - they had at the time; since then the club has gone backwards on the field. No one can doubt that. Off the field we are only marginally better. Players not paid recently.

"Bullish personalities" - so what. Are you really that offended? They are winners and love the club. They are flawed but give their all. Surely that's all that matters?

I'm not wanting to start typical accyweb handbags but I'd love to understand the opposition.
People who oppose JC and JB have a real problem.

They cant oppose them on their record with Stanley - they are the greatest thing to happen to the club
They cant oppose them on players and building teams - they are masters in turning a rough diamond into a gem.
They cant oppose them on desire to go forward - they took Stanley into the football league and believed they could keep Rochdale up and took the plunge to leave the comfort of Stanley for Spotland.
They have a desire and ambition to succeed.

So they oppose them on their city of birth, they oppose them on their personalitys, and they oppose them on their percieved poor conduct.

And IMO opinion, those 3 reasons which are continualy spouted on here are disgusting.
But hey, some of these so called fans then make statements which expose them for the 'real fans' they are NOT - 'I will find it hard to go the game anymore if they are appointed'.
They are not fans at all, and they dont represent what this club stands for.
Their comments are shameful.

Facts speak louder than opinion, and when it comes to the raw facts and stats, JC & JB are more than perfect for Stanley.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-05-2013, 20:41   #242

ive got to stop you there dav007 jimmy hinksman springs to mind,
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 20:49   #243
Senior Member+

Once again shaker is spot on
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 20:59   #244
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well come on davo highlight for me where someone/anyone has stated they will find it hard to go to a game if they are appointed? Cos i am not aware of this? So prove me wrong or you are a liar, its that simple. Its you who has a real problem, yeh wouldn't know the truth if it slapped yeh in the kisser. I apologise in advance if yeh can demonstrate what yeh claim is true.
Old 11-05-2013, 21:20   #245
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Ideal time for clean slate what irks me the most is the chance of old brooms sweeping that clean slate, if so my presence won't be there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
If all that actually comes to pass it would destroy all sense of great anticipation I have felt this season on my walks up Whalley road to the Crown ground. It sure would test my commitment to the Reds.
Thank you cashman for refering to me as a liar and being proved wrong again.
Old habits?
Old 11-05-2013, 21:31   #246
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Thank you cashman for refering to me as a liar and being proved wrong again.
Old habits?
I aint changed me mind at this point davo, i'm near certain stanleymad said summat to the effect, it was said in anger? n redraine only said it would test his commitment, which yeh also highlighted, unless scouse is a form of non-english that don't mean what yer saying. Your old habits of twisting to yer advantage i think?
Old 11-05-2013, 21:42   #247
Senior Member+

Nope, it another example of Cashman wearing those tinted specs.

Interpret it how you like cashman, you do anyway.
Old 11-05-2013, 21:52   #248

Can we have a separate thread for the bitching please?

So that those not interested in the personal issues still have somewhere to discuss Stanley :-)
DAV007 and McKayz like this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 22:01   #249
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Can we have a separate thread for the bitching please?

So that those not interested in the personal issues still have somewhere to discuss Stanley :-)
I dont call it personal issues we just disagree on some aspects simple, if yeh dont like it tough. in fact theres things we even agree on, but if yeh miss those wi being a bit slow,i cant help it.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:36   #250

Re: Re: New Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I dont call it personal issues we just disagree on some aspects simple, if yeh dont like it tough. in fact theres things we even agree on, but if yeh miss those wi being a bit slow,i cant help it.
The post by DAV007 that I posted after was totally personal and had no place on the thread.

Im not just calling him though there are plenty at it. If not bitching then straight up personal insults.

Could you lot at least take the personal stuff to PM?

Edit: And for an example of how this stuff is negatively affecting things - notice none of the many people against Coley have replied to Shakers post? Its all been 'he said she said' and the discussion has been lost

Last edited by SamF; 12-05-2013 at 08:42.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:57   #251
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Hows this fer personal? Shut up yeh tart.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:03   #252
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
No, your wrong.
It may be convenient to re-write history, but the facts are Blackburn fans where sick of the football under Big Sam and where happy when he was sacked.
Obviously you don't spend as much time on Rovers message boards as I do, Sam's style of football wasn't the best but he was brought to the club for one reason, to keep Rovers in the Prem, a job he's quite good at, ask West Ham fans, Newcastle suffered the fate of sacking Sam and were relegated the season after. Rovers fans thought that when Sam was removed it was because he was being replaced by a top line manager, not the dip stick we ended up with, what happened was Rovers went into free fall and only just managed to stave of relegation for a second successive season. If Sam were still at Ewood we would probably still be in the Prem

Last edited by jaysay; 12-05-2013 at 09:10.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:07   #253
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
The post by DAV007 that I posted after was totally personal and had no place on the thread.

Im not just calling him though there are plenty at it. If not bitching then straight up personal insults.

Could you lot at least take the personal stuff to PM?

Edit: And for an example of how this stuff is negatively affecting things - notice none of the many people against Coley have replied to Shakers post? Its all been 'he said she said' and the discussion has been lost
Although like you Sam I find the repetition of those needless 'I said/You said' posts on this particular thread a bit wearing..I feel that it just a case of flexing the muscles which control the ability to create critical and personal repartee until the expected 'big news' of next week is unveiled, which should provide all of those who cause you concern to really go ballistic !...I hope !!.
BUT it is an open Forum, well moderated, and thus we are all free to choose whatever words in whatever style we adopt to make our points and state an opinion....which in turn motivates others..which keeps the wheels turning !...for which I for one am glad !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:12   #254
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Although like you Sam I find the repetition of those needless 'I said/You said' posts on this particular thread a bit wearing..I feel that it just a case of flexing the muscles which control the ability to create critical and personal repartee until the expected 'big news' of next week is unveiled, which should provide all of those who cause you concern to really go ballistic !...I hope !!.
BUT it is an open Forum, well moderated, and thus we are all free to choose whatever words in whatever style we adopt to make our points and state an opinion....which in turn motivates others..which keeps the wheels turning !...for which I for one am glad !.
Spot on yonmon, without debate, forums wouldn't exist
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:28   #255

Not against debate - as I mentioned before it is my opinion that the personal crap is getting in the way of debate.

If everyone else is happy for the handbags to carry on then fine it's my issue to put up with but I just can't see the need for it to be airred in public

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..