Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree254Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2013, 18:05   #301
Senior Member+

Re: New Manager

I think it's a great choice. He has great experience throughout football and he will have many contacts thanks to his experience. His name alone could draw in more sponsorship too.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-05-2013, 18:13   #302
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Can't help but think the club have gone for the cheap option rather than a sensible football decision. Will support Beattie all the same.
The guy's only been in the job five minutes and already the sniping's started. Would've expected better from you, Shakey.
Old 13-05-2013, 18:15   #303
God Member

Quote:
Can't help but think the club have gone for the cheap option rather than a sensible football decision. Will support Beattie all the same.
agreed on both counts.

anyways, on with the drum Beating (see what I did there?) ... James get at those disillusioned Rovers fans and players and get the mini revolution going
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 18:16   #304
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
The guy's only been in the job five minutes and already the sniping's started. Would've expected better from you, Shakey.
Sniping, really? Have said I'll support him and I will all the way. Only said that I hope the reasons behind the decision are just. Surely that's a fair concern as a fan of the club? Crikey.
football19 likes this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 18:28   #305
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sniping, really? Have said I'll support him and I will all the way. Only said that I hope the reasons behind the decision are just. Surely that's a fair concern as a fan of the club? Crikey.
You've said that you hope the reasons behind the decision are just? Don't think you did, Shakey. You did, however, say appointing him isn't "a sensible football decision" which to my way of thinking is a bit of an insult to him. At least, give him a chance to show what he can do!
Old 13-05-2013, 18:28   #306
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Well unless yer totally thick, its obvious to me the players have either been asked or put in there 2 pennorth on this appointment,before it happened.
Old 13-05-2013, 18:34   #307
Senior Member+

A breath of fresh air from a wind of change blowing across the Storefirst Stadium ??...James Beattie, a young man with a mission !!...I reckon WE ALL wish him well in what is going to be some challenge in the coming season !!.
jaysay and Revived Red like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 18:34   #308
God Member

I have voiced concerns that appointing him isn't a sensible football decision - rather than 'sniping' this is a genuine critique based on the lack of managerial experience or qualifications of JB. Elsewhere on the forum I raised my opinion that our board has a lack of football-minded input and my concern is that the decision has been made purely on a financial basis, taking advantage of the fact that Beattie has (brilliantly so) charged us very little for his services so far and offered public relations opportunities.

I have, however, stated very plainly that I will support him all the way. I hope for the very best for him as that will mean good things for my club.

Have tried to stick around on here in spite of all the nonsense but obviously the disease of this forum - the inability to separate fair critique from personal insult - has spread too far. Apologies if I've offended anyone, I'm off.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 13-05-2013, 18:35   #309
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well unless yer totally thick, its obvious to me the players have either been asked or put in there 2 pennorth on this appointment,before it happened.
Wow, ok. Cheers mate.
Old 13-05-2013, 18:38   #310
Senior Member+

Must admit Cashy I read Shakers post in a more positive light,few reservations,but will get 100% support,I did warn you there would be a surprise !!
DAV007 likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 18:38   #311
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Wow, ok. Cheers mate.
Stop sulking shaker, its sod all personal, no good spitting yer dummy out.
Old 13-05-2013, 18:39   #312
God Member

Gents, come on,this is supposed to be a good day and a day for celebration. This is a forum, therefore it is about opinion......

We are ALL in it for the same thing......

Wynonie Harris and cashman like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 18:47   #313
Full Member+

Can't help but think the club have made the right call. Whilst Beattie is untried as a manager, the players considering their contracts will all know him so there is continuity (hope the backroom staff are retained too). It also shows ambition by the club who could have gone for the 'safe' option that many of us feared, yeh good call, new broom and all that.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 18:54   #314

Bloody ell it,s kickin off already and DAV007 ain,t even here yet "wheres me tin hat" haha.

ANYWAYS CONGRATULATIONS JAMES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stanley till I die
Wynonie Harris likes this.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 18:58   #315
Senior Member+

Every manager gets 100% backing from me and Beatties no exception.Looking forward not backwards and see what rabbits he can pull out of the hat !!
Players like him,so that's a start,but as Leam learned you have to distance yourself (he will know that tho)
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..