Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree254Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2013, 18:59   #316
Senior Member+

Re: New Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
Bloody ell it,s kickin off already and DAV007 ain,t even here yet "wheres me tin hat" haha.

ANYWAYS CONGRATULATIONS JAMES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stanley till I die
He's been writing it for the last hour,but still not finished
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-05-2013, 19:00   #317
Senior Member+

Appointing Beattie is a risk but a somewhat calculated one given his fame, determination to prove himself and the inevitable extra coverage the club will pick up having Beattie as manager.

Is he still intending on playing?
Any news on a number 2?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 19:03   #318
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Appointing Beattie is a risk but a somewhat calculated one given his fame, determination to prove himself and the inevitable extra coverage the club will pick up having Beattie as manager.

Is he still intending on playing?
Any news on a number 2?
Dunno should come to light in tomorrows interview i think. Agree wi yer comment n also possible to attract sponsorship?
Old 13-05-2013, 19:09   #319
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
/
I have, however, stated very plainly that I will support him all the way. I hope for the very best for him as that will mean good things for my club.

Have tried to stick around on here in spite of all the nonsense but obviously the disease of this forum - the inability to separate fair critique from personal insult - has spread too far. Apologies if I've offended anyone, I'm off.
As Valarian rightly says Shaker, this day when again our Club has arrived at a satisfactory resolution of a major problem is not for recrimination, blame, or needless criticism but for sharing in the pleasure of a task completed which will hopefully result in success for the Team and Fans alike.
I can appreciate your reaction to much of the negative persiflage which has been posted lately, but I for one would ask that you might see fit to continue making your welcome contributions to the analysis and banter on our Forum.

DAV007 likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 19:13   #320
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Dunno should come to light in tomorrows interview i think. Agree wi yer comment n also possible to attract sponsorship?
You would presume it gives our commercial team an extra feather in their cap so to speak

Im dissapointed it was not Jimmy & John BUT im DELIGHTED we havent ended up with a journeyman manager.

Time to start planning the James beattie banner
Old 13-05-2013, 19:17   #321
Super Moderator

Quote:
You would presume it gives our commercial team an extra feather in their cap so to speak

Im dissapointed it was not Jimmy & John BUT im DELIGHTED we havent ended up with a journeyman manager.

I never thought I'd say this but...well said, Davo!
Old 13-05-2013, 19:17   #322

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Greetings Al,long time,no see!!, I won't mention the FA Cup lol,Preston still in div one ,
Hi Ian. I was well pleased for Wigan, thoroughly deserved it. I think their doomed for the drop though, will lose their Manager and be playing derbies with Stanley in a couple of years.

As for PNE? Now the clown Westley has been replaced by Grayson, i suspect they might just make a push for the play offs next season.

Surprising news at Stanley, might just be an inspired choice. I was sure JC and his puppet where coming back. It should be an interesting summer and pre-season to see what sort of player he can attract.
football19 likes this.
Larry Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 19:23   #323
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

Agree 100% a journeyman was the last thing needed in my view. Everyones gotta start somewhere, n yeh it don't always work we all know that, But in our situation, feel its well worth trying.
Old 13-05-2013, 19:28   #324
Senior Member+

If anyone wants to see an example of a journeyman money grabber, check out who is providing in studio updates of the championship play off game on Sky sports news.
He has been a disaster since he took over at Southend, and it the rumours are correct is picking up £200k plus a big bonus IF he gets them up.
At least the Southend board wont have to pay the bonus on top of those huge wages!

I can only predict of the 100 candidates, a good chunk would have been journeymen after their next pay check.
Well done Peter Marsden and co for not going down that route.
Wynonie Harris, Redash and smobile like this.
Old 13-05-2013, 19:50   #325
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Agree 100% a journeyman was the last thing needed in my view. Everyones gotta start somewhere, n yeh it don't always work we all know that, But in our situation, feel its well worth trying.
Didn't think the term 'journeyman' fitted JB, but as it is translated as ;-
' Someone who has completed an apprenticeship and is fully educated in a trade or craft, but not yet a 'master'.
To become a 'master', a journeyman has to submit a master work.'...
So
really all James has to do is to produce as HIS master work Stanley's promotion to League One ( This time as well !)...

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 20:04   #326
God Member

Great news, not only about Mr Beattie, but also for the club that the new manager has most of the summer (sic) to organise things, rather than having to spend the first three months of the playing season doing so. Well done to the board for making a good and timely decision, and all the best to James Beattie in his new career.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 21:08   #327
Senior Member+

What is his policy on Christmas partys?
Old 13-05-2013, 21:10   #328
God Member

Quote:
What is his policy on Christmas partys?
If you get invited you're his mate
Old 13-05-2013, 21:44   #329
Senior Member+

Everyone's invited EXCEPT DAV007 ......AKA (Mrs.Coleman?)
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 22:29   #330
Resting in Peace

Stuck in a hotel room in London and my BlackBerry is hard work for posting. Very pleased with the news and with the feeling of renewed unity on here!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..