Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree254Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 17:44   #91

Re: New Manager

QUOTE; I find the concept of Coley and Jimmy returning to the club strangely exciting and for all the reasons given on the other threads.

My only concern is that whilst at Rochdale they kept going back for the same old players that they'd had previously, which still puzzles me today. Whilst at Stanley they uncovered some real gems, so why didn't they do the same down the road? Added to that they let one of the best midfield players in L2 walk away from the club because of a 'clash of characters'.

here here Tin Monkey

IMHO we should be looking elswhere but if they come back so be it, plus if we end up in the same predicament at the end of next season under their charge it would be interesting to see which hymn sheet DAV007 sings from !!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
DAV007 likes this.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-05-2013, 17:47   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Doubt very much if he would change his view,if that were to occur,!! Scousers tend to stick together.
stanley convert likes this.
Old 01-05-2013, 18:06   #93
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Added to that they let one of the best midfield players in L2 walk away from the club because of a 'clash of characters'.
And a couple of useful full backs in Chris King and Jon Bateson.
cashman likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 18:51   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Definition of nepotism
noun
The practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs:

Was this word invented to describe the recruitment and team selection policy of Messrs Coleman & Bell?
What a pointless and pathetic jibe.Coley knows the Merseyside area...knows who the best Liverpool/Everton drop outs are. Why not utilize those contacts?

I personally couldn't give a rats arse where the players come from as long as we're successful. I cant for the life of me understand this Coley hatred.

Ironic that if not for the teams Coley built....many of those spitting venom towards him wouldn't know where the Crown Ground was.

As for the brilliant "no thanks" comments. Ladies and Gentlemen I give you Accyweb Debater Of The Year 2013!!!

If we drop out of the league we will NEVER come back. Indeed we would probably sink further down the pyramid.

Yet people would rather gamble on any Tom, Dick and Harry than appoint a man with a proven track record of not just keeping the club in the league but pushing onward.

Anybody who remembers the years BC (Before Coleman) would have to be raving mad to disregard Coley.
SamF and johnc like this.
Old 01-05-2013, 18:53   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
And a couple of useful full backs in Chris King and Jon Bateson.
I think the players he brought into the club more than atone for this. Still don't let facts get in the way of your agenda.
johnc likes this.
Old 01-05-2013, 19:35   #96

For me you can't look past coleman an bell, no one comes close to what they have done for this club! People do have very short memories, how people say there sad to see leam go is beyond me, he left the club 3 points above the drop an without a few last minute goals we would be relegated comfortably! John an jimmy perfomed miracles over the 13 years they gave us an are both stil young (ish) an can push us on again! Look at the players we sold an got money for from our play off season! Ryan (150.000) mcconville (80.000) gornell (15.000) cisak (15.000) that's a lot of money! I think john an jimmy will bring the exact same brand of football back that we seen that season an some of the best most attractive football av seen. We need to employ the immediately so they can build a similar squad to play attractive watchable football! An not just be happy with surviving in league 2! Cook an richardson have done nothing to make the club any better since john an jimmy left an that's a fact! I for one will be right behind them if they come back!! An whom ever they sign..
Alvin the chipmunk and DAV007 like this.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 21:15   #97

Referring to Coley's body language at the end of his previous tenure is a Red Herring.
Then he was musing on finding a stepping stone up after 13 years lets not forget extraordinary service in one place. OUR place.
Now he's fifteen months older and probably a few years wiser. Judging by his reaction at the whistle on Saturday last,when after an effectively dead rubber he rushed to the touchline to speak to Peter Murphy, he's lost none of his passion for this club. After his (mis)adventures at Spotland, it may be that Stanley offers him the real canvas or which to create his masterpieces. Like Gaudi, sorry Gradi at Crewe.

Fighting against the odds (and regularly triumphing) must have its attractions.

I'd be utterly delighted to welcome him and Jimmy back. Though based on what others have said, James Beattie seems to have demonstrated humongous commitment to the club over recent weeks. Certainly feel I missed out on his speech on Sunday, judging from comments.

Either way pretty sad Leam has gone. The boy did good. Nothing surprises me in football management anymore.................
The Red Darreners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 21:43   #98
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
I think the players he brought into the club more than atone for this. Still don't let facts get in the way of your agenda.
What on earth are you on about? I don't have any agenda. I was merely quoting the names of two other good players that we lost because of "clash of character". Fact.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 21:50   #99

At the end of the day the jury will be split on the return of J&J and to coin a phrase I don,t give a rats arse who is the next manager as long as they do the best for my club, we can throw this about all day long and try to second guess the outcome but the board will decide on the best canidate so there aint no point falling out about it.
My only concern regarding the dynamic duo is if they were to be appointed and it all went wrong which would,nt be good for the club J&J or the fans would the 12 years of success count for nothing as we all know football is a very fickle business to be in.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 21:59   #100
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The 12 years of those 2 will always be remembered by me,thats certain. n i'm one that wants new blood.
Old 02-05-2013, 00:08   #101
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The 12 years of those 2 will always be remembered by me,thats certain. n i'm one that wants new blood.
ah yes, the Unibond Prem winning season and the Conf winning season. Good times indeed, I'll see your two years and raise you by the Unibond 1st Division winning year and the 2 1/2 promotion push years as well
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 00:44   #102
Full Member+

I said when they left for Rochdale that they'd be back with their tails between their legs within 18 months. "The grass isn't always greener"they often quoted when referring to players who stepped up a division. Now that they've practised what they preached about they might be changed men? I'd like to see them back in charge, but if not then give Beattie(if he's interested?) a go.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 18:22   #103
Senior Member+

Some great posts , but I am with shaker on this,coley for me just makes sense,
smobile likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 19:16   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
ah yes, the Unibond Prem winning season and the Conf winning season. Good times indeed, I'll see your two years and raise you by the Unibond 1st Division winning year and the 2 1/2 promotion push years as well
Not to mention that one of those promotion push years coincided with the treble. It speaks volumes that that season is largely forgotten.
Old 02-05-2013, 20:41   #105
Senior Member+

Seem to remember that the delay to recruitment plans caused by the playoffs a few years ago caused us major problems for the start of the following season. Can we now afford delays if we defer the choice of new manager till June? To me anyone other than Coleman and Bell are an unknown quantity to this club. Remember the number of managers we went through before they arrived and the number since. We enjoyed success under them that we have not known since or (except for Galbraith) before.
smobile likes this.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..