Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2014, 19:59   #16
Senior Member+

Re: New Mills tonight........

New Mills 2 Stanley 4 Bowerman
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-07-2014, 20:17   #17
Senior Member+

New Mills 2 Staney 5 Hatfield Penalty
Old 15-07-2014, 20:31   #18
Senior Member+

full time New Mills 2 Stanley 5
Old 15-07-2014, 21:24   #19
Senior Member+

Interesting to see ex-Red Paul Collinge in goal for New Mills. He didn't have many games for us but was a class act.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2014, 21:42   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Very impressed wi fitness levels for the first match,was New Mills 3rd game but Stanley outplayed n outran em. got a prog fer yeh teabag cyas sat if yeh want it.
Old 15-07-2014, 21:55   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Very impressed wi fitness levels for the first match,was New Mills 3rd game but Stanley outplayed n outran em. got a prog fer yeh teabag cyas sat if yeh want it.
I read that first off as "New Mills 3rd team" and nearly had a heart attack
Old 15-07-2014, 21:57   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Forgot to say the pitch was terrible luckily only a linesman got injured as he fell in one of the many grooves. was sat near us most of second half wi ice on his foot, does nobody inspect these pitches or what? to me a professional match should not be played on that!!
Old 15-07-2014, 22:00   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Interesting to see ex-Red Paul Collinge in goal for New Mills. He didn't have many games for us but was a class act.
blimey, I don't remember him! When was he with us?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2014, 22:04   #24
Senior Member+

That's em
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2014, 22:24   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
blimey, I don't remember him! When was he with us?
Sorry, it's Peter, not Paul; typo! He was with us at the beginning of the 2005/6 season. As far as I remember, he left to go to Clitheroe, then spent a month back at Bury as emergency cover.

Last edited by MikeA; 15-07-2014 at 22:29.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2014, 22:47   #26
God Member

Good game - reminded me of how much I miss the non-league atmosphere, if not the standard of pitches as cashman rightly points out.

New Mills were lively throughout, with the keeper offering a running commentary - to the detriment of his own defenders.

Josh Windass played a central role in the first half and looked confident as well as creative - wouldn't be surprised to see him nail down a starting position this season.

The most surprising element for me was how spritely Brett looked in the 2nd half. There could well be legs in the old dog yet...

Belford didn't cover himself in glory but willing to see how that one goes. Talented stopper but not sure how far ahead of Dawbs he is.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2014, 23:03   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Was Dawbs injured shaker? seemed to have marks on his leg,was surprised he didn't do the second half? Thought Windass distribution was tops had a good game.
Old 15-07-2014, 23:05   #28
God Member

He wasn't named on the team sheet so I assumed as much.

Will post the sheet tomorrow as it appears to be an impossible task on mobile (at this time anyway!)
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2014, 23:26   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
He wasn't named on the team sheet so I assumed as much.

Will post the sheet tomorrow as it appears to be an impossible task on mobile (at this time anyway!)
Got team sheet in front of me hes number 22, next to bottom,so i assumed hed be on second half.
Old 16-07-2014, 01:05   #30
Resting in Peace

[QUOTE=cashman;1110745]Forgot to say the pitch was terrible luckily only a linesman got injured as he fell in one of the many grooves. was sat near us most of second half wi ice on his foot, does nobody inspect these pitches or what? to me a professional match should not be played on that!![/QUOTE
From the New Mills forum:-
A well drilled and pacy side but our performance was encouraging with three of their goals coming from two penalties and an own goal.

One of their supporters on the Stanley forum (Cashman) is something short of magnanimous:

"Very impressed wi [sic] fitness levels for the first match, was New Mills 3rd game but Stanley outplayed n outran em."

And:

"Forgot to say the pitch was terrible luckily only a linesman got injured as he fell in one of the many grooves. was sat near us most of second half wi [sic] ice on his foot, does nobody inspect these pitches or what? to me a professional match should not be played on that!!"
From the New Mills forum:-

If this guy is right, it seems that I must have missed my first game in two and a half years!!.

Given that while their players were being driven up from their hotel in Leicestershire, most of ours would have been driving home from their day jobs, along with the fact that they are fully professional and have just completed "a week and a half of intense pre-season training", I would have been surprised if they hadn't outplayed and outrun us.
His comments regarding the pitch seem to be somewhat at odds with the compliments received from Accrington and James Beattie.

Are you sure Chubbyman got you to the right match, Cashy?http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/i...s/confused.gif

Last edited by Redraine; 16-07-2014 at 01:08.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..