Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2014, 05:35   #31
Senior Member+

Re: New Mills tonight........

I thought Dawbs was carrying a knock, again.

Hopefully nothing to serious.
He has a habit of picking up injuries at the moment.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-07-2014, 06:07   #32
Senior Member+

Good work out considering the team had the legs run out of them in the morning training session prior to the game !!!
The pitch was poor and hopefully we haven't paid the price as a few of their team and linesman did.
Anyone notice an ex. Acci player in their ranks?
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2014, 06:27   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Good work out considering the team had the legs run out of them in the morning training session prior to the game !!!
The pitch was poor and hopefully we haven't paid the price as a few of their team and linesman did.
Anyone notice an ex. Acci player in their ranks?
Young Ryan Hopper by any chance?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2014, 06:28   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I thought Dawbs was carrying a knock, again.

Hopefully nothing to serious.
He has a habit of picking up injuries at the moment.
Maybe he did it during the penalty shootout on Question of Sport??
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2014, 08:45   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Young Ryan Hopper by any chance?
Yeh he was No7 fer them, didn't exactly stand out.
Old 16-07-2014, 08:51   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

[QUOTE=Redraine;1110756]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post

Given that while their players were being driven up from their hotel in Leicestershire, most of ours would have been driving home from their day jobs, along with the fact that they are fully professional and have just completed "a week and a half of intense pre-season training", I would have been surprised if they hadn't outplayed and outrun us.
His comments regarding the pitch seem to be somewhat at odds with the compliments received from Accrington and James Beattie.

Are you sure Chubbyman got you to the right match, Cashy?http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/i...s/confused.gif
Yeh n will wager no stanley fan that was yon will say much different, you sure yer on the right planet mate?
Old 16-07-2014, 09:31   #37
Senior Member+

To be fair acci looked very sharp at times despite the training then travelling.
First game and players are mindful of getting injuried and. Missing vital fitness work.
Heard that Dawbs has been showing up well in training,so I presume Beatts was having a good look at the keeper.
Outsider to do well this year -- mcCarten !!,looks really sharp
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2014, 09:35   #38
Resting in Peace

[QUOTE=cashman;1110769]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Yeh n will wager no stanley fan that was yon will say much different, you sure yer on the right planet mate?
Don't shoot the messenger, mate. Only joking! Feel free to take me to task on Saturday at Nelson, but since I only finished my 10th and last chemo session yesterday I will be sitting in the stand if that stands to reason, if you want to walk round and have a go!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2014, 10:35   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

[QUOTE=Redraine;1110775]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Don't shoot the messenger, mate. Only joking! Feel free to take me to task on Saturday at Nelson, but since I only finished my 10th and last chemo session yesterday I will be sitting in the stand if that stands to reason, if you want to walk round and have a go!
Sod all to have a go about. we was talking to some New Mills fans who said the pitch was good compared to a couple of years ago.
Old 17-07-2014, 10:35   #40
Full Member+

[QUOTE=cashman;1110778]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Sod all to have a go about. we was talking to some New Mills fans who said the pitch was good compared to a couple of years ago.
A couple of years previous.

Not a patch on Horwich RMI though
cashman and teabag like this.
Old 17-07-2014, 11:24   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Yeh Gaz, they told us it had a slope like the Eiger, seems they weren't kidding.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..