Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By Exile on Spencer St
  • 1 Post By deeayess
  • 1 Post By monkey hanger
  • 1 Post By Chimer
  • 2 Post By AccyMad

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2017, 19:28   #1
God Member

New rules,old tricks

Interesting article on the BBC football website about a whole basketful of ideas about changing the way footie is played.
Football reforms: Scrapping 45-minute half to be debated at Ifab - BBC Sport
Don't wish to stir the ashes but, had one of them been in force last season (i.e. Refs only blow for time when ball is 'dead') we'd be looking forward to League 1 fixtures.
cashman, Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-06-2017, 20:14   #2
I am Banned

Re: New rules,old tricks

So basically less football for more money
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2017, 00:44   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
So basically less football for more money
No,the same if not more it just ends up like American football and God knows when you get a train home
monkey hanger likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2017, 07:53   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
No,the same if not more it just ends up like American football and God knows when you get a train home
time outs and 4 quarters instead of 2 halves. don,t worry you,ll be able to catch an early morning train if they still run nowadays.
Chrisr likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2017, 09:54   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Interesting article on the BBC football website about a whole basketful of ideas about changing the way footie is played.
Football reforms: Scrapping 45-minute half to be debated at Ifab - BBC Sport
Don't wish to stir the ashes but, had one of them been in force last season (i.e. Refs only blow for time when ball is 'dead') we'd be looking forward to League 1 fixtures.
Only if we'd survived an initial League 1 season where we didn't really get going until Christmas ....
AccyMad likes this.
Old 18-06-2017, 12:23   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Only if we'd survived an initial League 1 season where we didn't really get going until Christmas ....
True enough, Chimer. I got my season's agonies mixed up. Put it down to early on-set. However, maybe if we had gone up we might have kept a few more of the squad? Water under the bridge.
But personally, I've long wished that time-keeping was taken out of the hands of refs, who have more than enough to do, and the clock is stopped whenever the ball is not in play. The article suggests there is no football being played for a third of the average professional match.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2017, 14:12   #7
God Member

Smile Re: New rules,old tricks

Bring it on I say, how many times do we see players down for ages, just taking time out of the game! I hate it.

Some of the suggestions are not my cup of tea, but anything that means we get more actual footy will do for me

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2017, 14:33   #8
I am Banned

Don't see why the ref just can't stop his watch when ball goes out and restart it when throw in/ goal kicks taken
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2017, 17:50   #9
God Member

Just watched the Portugal v Mexico game in Confederations Cup - game had to be stopped a couple of times to wait for the verdict from the video assistant thing they're trialling, ridiculous - hope that doesn't get implemented in the leagues
st06nc2 and monkey hanger like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2017, 18:30   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Just watched the Portugal v Mexico game in Confederations Cup - game had to be stopped a couple of times to wait for the verdict from the video assistant thing they're trialling, ridiculous - hope that doesn't get implemented in the leagues
I was thinking the same thing.over the lines one thing, but much more than that,i aint convinced,
Old 19-06-2017, 16:01   #11
Full Member+

I do agree with the take goal kicks from the side they go out at. I could never understand it when they brought in the rule about the keeper not being allowed to pick the ball up from a back pass so as not to waste time, then let him waste time walking from one side of the area to the other to take a goal kick? As for the penalty and the encroachment just ask the Ref to do his job, if this is too much of problem for him how about a shaving foam line 10 yards back from the edge of the area? prob solved.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..