Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: How do you rate season cards idea???
Excellent 3 33.33%
Good 3 33.33%
Dont know 2 22.22%
Bad 0 0%
Terrible 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2004, 10:39   #1

New Season "CARDS"

The new Season Tickets are now available but they are now a card and the good thing is 20% of Balti stan meals. But will the new design will prevent people from selling there season ticket to friends or family for games they cannot get to. They are now on official stanley website and look very professional. Also they are good because we no longer have to carry around a big wad of tickets every time we go to stanley and it also helps because my tickets last year kept falling out of the book. will the cards be read by a machine like at many other ground because if so get prepared for the first game of the season when it all cocks up and the game will be delayed because no-one can get in with a season "Card" because the "system is down"
:engsmil: 4-4-2 is the future :engsmil:
Stanleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-08-2004, 11:18   #2

Re: New Season "CARDS"

Blackburn have got the exact same, are they ones that you hold against an electronic board then lets you in?
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 11:26   #3

I think last season was the first time in a long time that the season tickets were booklets - its been a card for a couple of seasons before last - one season was even laminated but I dont think theyve ever been used with a swiper pass thingy system at the gate unless they have without knowledge in true big brother style..

I prefer the card myself - like you say - ease of use for wallet...

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!

Last edited by Jimbo T Hornblower; 04-08-2004 at 11:28.
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 15:19   #4
rob

not linked to a swipe system yet, could be for next season though :-)

rob
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 15:26   #5
God Member

Doesn't that leave the system open to abuse then? OK all systems are. But the way it worked last season and especialy the random decisions on page number was pretty much sound........ I can imagine cards being droped over walls and passed through fences..... Sorry i just dont want to see the club lose money
Old 04-08-2004, 16:01   #6

Do they have yoour details on them if they do then anybody who is recognised as not being a regular season ticket holder should have to show ID BUT its still not full proof so the club probably will end up loosing money
Old 04-08-2004, 16:09   #7
Senior Member+

Good job we are giving them out after we played BFC or they would be linked to a swipe system!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2004, 16:44   #8
God Member

hehe good one... took me a minute mind

I bet the students dont understand it though...
Old 04-08-2004, 17:16   #9

no i dont understand
Old 04-08-2004, 20:01   #10

What is the problem with lending the card to someone if you can't get to a game. You've paid for that game , upfront to boot. There is always a chance they will become a regular once they have sampled the delights of the IES

Last edited by Minister Onymfo; 04-08-2004 at 20:02.
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 20:08   #11

because the club is losing the extra money which that person would have paid to get in. For example i go with 2 friends who normally go but dont have season tickets. so if i couldnt go they would still go but one would get in for free so the club looses money. because my friend has not paid for the privalidge of having less to pay throught out the year (due to work commitments he can only come twice a month) the whole piont of a seaspon ticket
Old 04-08-2004, 20:10   #12
God Member

I dont think anyone at any level is allowed to resell or pass on a ticket.. not even players. If they allow it then what happens at a segregated game if your season ticket gets into the wrong hands
Old 04-08-2004, 20:27   #13

To be fair the club is not strictly losing money, it is just not gaining extra money ie recieving payment for someone who is not there. The loaning of a ticket to a trusted non-regular attender is surely a gilt edged opportunity to gain a wider if casual fan base. I am not suggesting you give your ticket to the first person you meet in the pub
Old 04-08-2004, 20:31   #14

fair enough but the only way really for a club to progress is to get extra money from the gates without the EXTRA money of a casual fan the club will find it difficult to progress at the same spead they are now
Old 04-08-2004, 20:45   #15

True enough, I think the whole issue of lending season tickets here there and everywhere is probably unlikely. The reason we have them is so we can attend every game and then some. My point is really that lending your ticket to say your dad or neighbour is in effect giving them an unofficial free sample. I think I am right in saying Rovers amongst have been doing this for a while where they have had cut price tickets on sale for low interest matches, no doubt from that you get your money back over the course of a season as some of the opportunist return and pay full price for future games. Further more the club has the opportunity for secondary selling, that would not occur if people are not there ie food,drinks, programmes, half time draw, raffle tickets. Most importantly you have a crowd to cheer on your team. It would be a sorry state of affairs if all the season ticket holders could not attend one week and you had 10-20% of your crowd missing (this is complete b*ll*cks I know) all those unsold pies would have to be warmed up the following week

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..